“very nice room but the hotel taxi driver is horibble” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Trick or Treat!
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Manila
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“very nice room but the hotel taxi driver is horibble”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

we booked an aquarium room. I really love the aquarium wall and the bed is nice. although the reception is a bit unfriendly. Also we expected the swimming pool to deeper and wider from the name of the hotel itself. The toilet is not flushing, we called the reception twice and they sent a mechanic who said he fixed it but no. In the morning, we really need to use the toilet so we called again and this time he fixed it.

The worst thing happened is that we were going to Mall of Asia and needed a taxi. We went to the reception and they called a taxi but it was horrible. He don't have a meter and asking 200 pesos. The hotel should find a good taxi driver who uses meter and someone who does not ask for mandatory tip. I love to give tips but I hate persons who ask for it.... Going back to the hotel, we found a good taxi driver but I lost his number.

Room Tip: Ask for a good taxi with meter. Aquarium room is very good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your review. We have noted your concern about the receptionist, the pool and all your other comments. We would like to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We would like to assure you that what transpired is not standard of our service, we have acted on them accordingly to ensure future visits will be better handled.

Thank you as well for giving inputs on the areas we can improve on. I have taken note of your comments regarding the taxi driver. I have already shared your concern to our Front Office Manage and Security Manager, we already have an action plan to address these concerns.Rest assured that we will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

It was our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you again for to accommodate you on your future travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times during my trips to Manila since 2012. Service level has always been inconsistent. Recently, I travelled with my wife and child and stayed for one night. Originally, I planned to stay for two nights if not for the cancelled flight due to the typhoon.

I called up a day prior to my arrival to confirm my reservation with a pre-paid voucher purchased some months ago through an online website. I was assured that my reservation has been “guaranteed” even though the hotel has not received payments through the online agent. During check-in at about noon, there were two front office personnel serving two customers who were ahead of me. I waited about 10 minutes before another customer cut my queue and demanded a check-out right away. Ms Sarah, who obviously knew that I was the next-in-line indicated that she would like to serve him first before me which I objected since it I should be dealt with first. I presented the hotel voucher and upon some verification, Ms Sarah demanded that I should pay for the room stay since they have not received the payments from the online agent. I reckoned it was not fair on my part since I dealt with the agent and any concerns the hotel had should be dealt with the agent concerned. Ms. Sarah requested me to wait for another 5-10 minutes while the hotel contact the agent to sort things out. I waited for a good 20 minutes before I approached Ms Sarah to follow up on the matter since she had not gotten back to me as promised, and I was hinted that I should continue waiting since “official check-in time is actually 2pm”. I requested to speak with the Manager. After another 10 minutes of waiting, Ms Arlene, Ms Sarah’s superior approached me and sang the same tune. I insisted that she should be professional about it and dealt with the agent instead of putting me at risk of making duplicate payments. I was made to wait for another 15 minutes while she verified with the travel agent before she finally offered us a welcome drink. Soon, another Ms Rochelle, the Reservations Manager showed up with Ms. Arlene to verify my credit card used for the payment with the agent. Professionally, the hotel should either honor my voucher or not honor my voucher instead of making me wait for 2 hour and a half before finally assigning me a room. In which case if they chose not to honor it, I would have left and contact the agent.

Upon entering the room, we noticed a horrible stench which gradually dissipated after the AC was turned on for 20 minutes. The room was poorly maintained with mould manifesting on the wash basin’s counter-top and edges in the bathroom floor. There were stains on almost all the towels in our room. We left the hotel and returned in the late evening, when my wife requested two bathrobes for the both of us. After waiting for more than half hour, we finally had to remind the front office again regarding our request. After waiting for another 15 minutes, the housekeeping staff finally arrived with two bath towels instead. We then called up again to remind the staff to send us what we needed and waited for another 10 minutes before the bathrobes arrived. My wife, who used to work at the supervisory level in a five- star hotel, was appalled when she discovered that one of the bathrobes were actually used and still damp even though it was folded impeccably. We notified the Front Office and complained about the matter. After about 10 minutes, a housekeeping staff delivered a clean bathrobe to our room. Not soon after, we received a call from the Front Office offering us a “late checkout” for the “inconvenience caused”, which we declined. In the wee hours of the morning at about 2 am, we were woken up by the stuffiness in the room as the compressor of the AC has ceased working. As a matter of fact, it has occurred several times before during our previous stays here as well. We waited till about 8 am in the morning when we notified the front desk to send a technician to inspect the problem. The technician arrived and said he would look into it. We went for breakfast. The breakfast was tasty with a good selection of Asian dishes. When we walked passed Ms Sarah at the front office desk on our return to the room after our breakfast; she saw us walked passed as though we were transparent but greeted another guest behind us. This was another clear display of unprofessional behavior and bad attitude of the front office staff. Finally, at our checking out at noon, the AC problem was still not fixed.

Even though the hotel still maintains its modern interior décor, it is poorly maintained with few amenities. The 50 meter swimming pool which we were once told it was closed due to renovation is now non-existing to make way for other attractions for the Ocean Park. In the evening, getting a taxi could be problematic unless you do not mind the stares of suspicious- looking homeless dwellers and beggars by walking along the mainly isolated, dimly-lit street leading out to the main road 15 minutes away.

I am not expecting that the staff to go the extra mile or exceed my expectations but at least act professionally with a smile. If you are easily impressed by the superficial interior décor and cannot be bothered by incompetent staff with poor service attitude and do not fancy any family-friendly outdoor pool activities, then you are sure to enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hotel H2O.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experiences you had, one of which is the air-condition in your room that malfunctioned, Our Engineering Department ensures the regular check-up of the air-condition in our guestroom and we are very sorry that it was not able to function properly in during your stay.

We are committed in providing each guest with a memorable experience. However, it is with deep regret to learn that service in the reception did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the unbecoming attitude of the staff on duty. This is not the standard of our service, and have dealt with the concerned departments to ensure this is acted upon right away. Rest assured we are taking this constructively.

We have taken note of other concerns you raised and proper action is done right away to avoid similar incident in the future.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of better service to you in the near future.
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

March this year we were in Manila for a week. Some business and some romance. It is a family hotel with an aquatic theme. Downstairs many shops, eats and full blown aquatic shows. We did not have much time for that but there were plenty of folks coming in for the day. We had a great stay with the foods, shops etc.Our Bay Room hung out over the bay. The room came with a buffet breakfast every morning that we looked forward to every day. It was great lots of variety all cultures. Staff was very friendly and always had a table waiting for us. I am not a big fan of Manila but staying here made it easy to take. Our next stop was Boracay.

Room Tip: Bay rooms at each end were the best and most quiet as there was some nightlife downstairs outside re...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodation and the service of our staff. Your feedback will be shared with the rest of the team.

We look forward to providing you with another excellent experience on your next visit to the Hotel H2O.
Newark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am a person who hates staying in hotels, and usually finds things to complain about. This hotel is perhaps the best I have ever stayed !! The staff are extremely friendly and efficient.. from the check in to the housekeeping.. the rooms are very modern and spotless, the Wifi works with no problems. I stayed for two nights , and it was worth every penny spent !! I slept like a baby, and the view from the bayview was fantastic... I will definately be returning to this hotel , and telling my friends about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you appreciate everything about the hotel, from the rooms to the staff service and amenities

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and we would love to have the pleasure of serving you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Check-in is quite slow. We arrived at night and find it creepy due to the hotel reception is on the 3rd floor with only a few hotel personnel.

Rooms are beautifully designed. The size is enough while the bathroom is totally made of smoke glass. I like the modern effect and the smell of the room. It is neatly done with complete toiletress provided.

Food. They serve the most delicious breakfast. The selections were plenty. The taste were great. Personnels are friendly both to locals and foreigners. I like the way they treat their guest.

Staff. Professionals and friendly. They put a smile on their face to cheer your day.

In totality, a great hotel to stay to. I will be back together with my family. Love their place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you had an overall pleasant experience in our hotel particularly due to the service that you received from my colleagues. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread we have at Makan Makan Asian Food Village, as well as the other facilities.

We hope to welcome you again at Hotel H2O.
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am very pleased with Hotel H20. Checked-in at the hotel last minute, and I'm so glad that I picked this hotel instead of the others. It was my birthday, and I just wanted to relax because I've been so stressed!

Check-in was a breeze, and upon knowing that it was my birthday, "Kevin" one of the front office staff who assisted us, arranged to send us a treat on that same day, a very good slice of mango cake! =) It was not necessary, but this little gesture shows how this hotel knows how to delight their customers, and go beyond expectations. People like Kevin make customers want to go back, and recommend the hotel to others. Thank you again Kevin =)

Next, the room that we stayed in was the Aqua room (Aqua classic). This is a little bigger than the Aqua room, and it has a large aquarium- half of the wall, which showcase different kinds of colorful fishes just swimming all day. It was very relaxing to watch them, and this was actually the reason why I picked this room instead of the regular park view/bay view. Fishes in an aquarium have a very soothing effect, and we didn't find it hard to sleep or unwind. Actually, the bed is another story. The bed is very comfortable! I haven't slept so well in years. Working in the BPO industry, we have weird sleeping patterns and are like vampires. It's a real challenge to have quality sleep. But the bed at Hotel H20 is heaven-sent, I slept after 10 minutes of lying down. The room was quiet and clean. I would recommend this room for anyone who just wants to have a relaxing staycation away from stress and noise, and especially for those who have trouble sleeping. Kids will also love this room because of the view of the fishes, and the cartoons that they can watch from the tv.

The buffet breakfast was excellent. We eat a diet of mostly vegetables, and vegetarians would love the selection- they are vegetarian friendly. They had breads, pastries, cereals, salads, beans, vegetable dishes, omelette/egg stations, pasta, dimsum, fried rice, and other meat products. I loved the shrimp salad cocktail, and the cauliflower dish with bechamel sauce/white sauce. The Alfredo pasta was also very good!

The reviews here are mostly good, and you will not regret believing the good reviews. I also feel that 1 night is not enough. They also have a spa, and next time I would love to try the fish spa, hot ion bed, and the massage. I would go back to this hotel in the future. My stay was very comfortable and relaxing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

For the longest time, I’ve wanted to laze in front of the huge tanks full of marine life that are found in the aqua rooms of H2O Hotel. With a little help from my favorite travel agency, our stay was booked for three days and two nights with free tickets to the Oceanarium to boot. (Just in case you didn’t know yet, Manila Ocean Park is in the same building as the hotel.)

(We did run into a little hiccup here where the hotel took so long to respond to the travel agency’s queries so we had to reschedule our trip. You see, I was a little queasy about making the booking myself for there are two websites for H2O Hotel: https://www.hotelh2o.com/main/ and the one linked to the Manila Ocean Park website: http://www.hotelh2ophilippines.com/ which oddly enough had no rooms available for any date I put in.)

Our stay at H2O made for the best vacations I’ve had in Manila. It was a cooling and welcoming comfort to enter the first floor lobby of the hotel and upon reaching the third floor where the front desk was, we were checked in, in no time. As soon as we got into our room, the aquarium with vibrant fishes captured our attention. It was wondrous! We passed the time just staring at the wall and what fun we had. Later, the blinds went down on our wall of entertainment, which I found out a few hours later from reading the binder of useful information about the hotel left on the executive desk that it was because it’s cleaning time for the tank. There are controls left on the desk too so we could put the blinds up again.

Having rested enough (the fish lulled us to sleep at one point), we decided to explore the hotel and get some dinner. We got that at Club H2O (the other food establishments in the building were already closed since it was almost 10:00 p.m.). I love the Club (even if it had no aquarium =b) and its many comfortable lounge chairs. We also enjoyed our little dinner of club sandwich, Thai roast duck salad and refreshing lychee shakes that we got with a smile from our friendly and accommodating attendants. Back to our room, we saw the lights on the tank turned off. I guess it’s sleeping time for the fishies, too. Glad to know they’re well taken care of. ^^,

The next day (as the lights were turned on for the tank again … we have now become fish stalkers), we roused ourselves for breakfast at Makan Makan. There was a vast selection of dishes (salad, various viands to eat with rice, breads, desserts, and fruits) there. We ate our fill (kudos to our attendant at H2O's in house resto. Thank you for being so accommodating, getting some dishes for us when we could’ve walked to get it ourselves =D), just in time for the opening of Ocean Park to use our free ticket to the Oceanarium. We had a blast at this Manila Ocean Park attraction and learned so much more about the sea and the creatures living in it. (We were able to match some of the fishes swimming in the aquarium in our room to the names of the fishes we saw there.) After enjoying the big tanks with the huge sea creatures, we returned to where our personal viewing tank was.

We did go out of the hotel to enjoy a bit of the city during our three days’ stay. Man, was it hard to leave our comfortably chilly room (and the most user friendly air conditioning controls I’ve ever come across, it didn’t have a mind of its own and dictate the temperature we ‘should’ have but stuck to what we programmed it to be). It was such a nice feeling coming home to an H2O room. The rest of our stay went swimmingly (no pun intended *hihi) and when the three days, two nights were over, we just got in a cab (not after buying some drinks from Green Bean, the coffee shop before the door to H2O’s first floor lobby … yum, refreshing frappes – green tea and Tahitian vanilla), headed for the bus station and was en route to our hometown in a snap. H2O Hotel is a hotel we’ll gladly visit again (maybe then, we could stop watching the fish in the room enough to take a dip in their pool and go see the other attractions at Manila Ocean Park. But doing nothing and just staring at the wall, wasn't half bad. =b) Just to reiterate, H2O Hotel made for the best staycations we’ve ever had! (",)

Room Tip: No contest, go for the aqua rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!