“IF IN MANILA H20 IS GOOD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Kent, Washington
“IF IN MANILA H20 IS GOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

March this year we were in Manila for a week. Some business and some romance. It is a family hotel with an aquatic theme. Downstairs many shops, eats and full blown aquatic shows. We did not have much time for that but there were plenty of folks coming in for the day. We had a great stay with the foods, shops etc.Our Bay Room hung out over the bay. The room came with a buffet breakfast every morning that we looked forward to every day. It was great lots of variety all cultures. Staff was very friendly and always had a table waiting for us. I am not a big fan of Manila but staying here made it easy to take. Our next stop was Boracay.

Room Tip: Bay rooms at each end were the best and most quiet as there was some nightlife downstairs outside re...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodation and the service of our staff. Your feedback will be shared with the rest of the team.

We look forward to providing you with another excellent experience on your next visit to the Hotel H2O.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Newark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am a person who hates staying in hotels, and usually finds things to complain about. This hotel is perhaps the best I have ever stayed !! The staff are extremely friendly and efficient.. from the check in to the housekeeping.. the rooms are very modern and spotless, the Wifi works with no problems. I stayed for two nights , and it was worth every penny spent !! I slept like a baby, and the view from the bayview was fantastic... I will definately be returning to this hotel , and telling my friends about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you appreciate everything about the hotel, from the rooms to the staff service and amenities

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and we would love to have the pleasure of serving you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Check-in is quite slow. We arrived at night and find it creepy due to the hotel reception is on the 3rd floor with only a few hotel personnel.

Rooms are beautifully designed. The size is enough while the bathroom is totally made of smoke glass. I like the modern effect and the smell of the room. It is neatly done with complete toiletress provided.

Food. They serve the most delicious breakfast. The selections were plenty. The taste were great. Personnels are friendly both to locals and foreigners. I like the way they treat their guest.

Staff. Professionals and friendly. They put a smile on their face to cheer your day.

In totality, a great hotel to stay to. I will be back together with my family. Love their place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you had an overall pleasant experience in our hotel particularly due to the service that you received from my colleagues. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread we have at Makan Makan Asian Food Village, as well as the other facilities.

We hope to welcome you again at Hotel H2O.
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am very pleased with Hotel H20. Checked-in at the hotel last minute, and I'm so glad that I picked this hotel instead of the others. It was my birthday, and I just wanted to relax because I've been so stressed!

Check-in was a breeze, and upon knowing that it was my birthday, "Kevin" one of the front office staff who assisted us, arranged to send us a treat on that same day, a very good slice of mango cake! =) It was not necessary, but this little gesture shows how this hotel knows how to delight their customers, and go beyond expectations. People like Kevin make customers want to go back, and recommend the hotel to others. Thank you again Kevin =)

Next, the room that we stayed in was the Aqua room (Aqua classic). This is a little bigger than the Aqua room, and it has a large aquarium- half of the wall, which showcase different kinds of colorful fishes just swimming all day. It was very relaxing to watch them, and this was actually the reason why I picked this room instead of the regular park view/bay view. Fishes in an aquarium have a very soothing effect, and we didn't find it hard to sleep or unwind. Actually, the bed is another story. The bed is very comfortable! I haven't slept so well in years. Working in the BPO industry, we have weird sleeping patterns and are like vampires. It's a real challenge to have quality sleep. But the bed at Hotel H20 is heaven-sent, I slept after 10 minutes of lying down. The room was quiet and clean. I would recommend this room for anyone who just wants to have a relaxing staycation away from stress and noise, and especially for those who have trouble sleeping. Kids will also love this room because of the view of the fishes, and the cartoons that they can watch from the tv.

The buffet breakfast was excellent. We eat a diet of mostly vegetables, and vegetarians would love the selection- they are vegetarian friendly. They had breads, pastries, cereals, salads, beans, vegetable dishes, omelette/egg stations, pasta, dimsum, fried rice, and other meat products. I loved the shrimp salad cocktail, and the cauliflower dish with bechamel sauce/white sauce. The Alfredo pasta was also very good!

The reviews here are mostly good, and you will not regret believing the good reviews. I also feel that 1 night is not enough. They also have a spa, and next time I would love to try the fish spa, hot ion bed, and the massage. I would go back to this hotel in the future. My stay was very comfortable and relaxing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

For the longest time, I’ve wanted to laze in front of the huge tanks full of marine life that are found in the aqua rooms of H2O Hotel. With a little help from my favorite travel agency, our stay was booked for three days and two nights with free tickets to the Oceanarium to boot. (Just in case you didn’t know yet, Manila Ocean Park is in the same building as the hotel.)

(We did run into a little hiccup here where the hotel took so long to respond to the travel agency’s queries so we had to reschedule our trip. You see, I was a little queasy about making the booking myself for there are two websites for H2O Hotel: https://www.hotelh2o.com/main/ and the one linked to the Manila Ocean Park website: http://www.hotelh2ophilippines.com/ which oddly enough had no rooms available for any date I put in.)

Our stay at H2O made for the best vacations I’ve had in Manila. It was a cooling and welcoming comfort to enter the first floor lobby of the hotel and upon reaching the third floor where the front desk was, we were checked in, in no time. As soon as we got into our room, the aquarium with vibrant fishes captured our attention. It was wondrous! We passed the time just staring at the wall and what fun we had. Later, the blinds went down on our wall of entertainment, which I found out a few hours later from reading the binder of useful information about the hotel left on the executive desk that it was because it’s cleaning time for the tank. There are controls left on the desk too so we could put the blinds up again.

Having rested enough (the fish lulled us to sleep at one point), we decided to explore the hotel and get some dinner. We got that at Club H2O (the other food establishments in the building were already closed since it was almost 10:00 p.m.). I love the Club (even if it had no aquarium =b) and its many comfortable lounge chairs. We also enjoyed our little dinner of club sandwich, Thai roast duck salad and refreshing lychee shakes that we got with a smile from our friendly and accommodating attendants. Back to our room, we saw the lights on the tank turned off. I guess it’s sleeping time for the fishies, too. Glad to know they’re well taken care of. ^^,

The next day (as the lights were turned on for the tank again … we have now become fish stalkers), we roused ourselves for breakfast at Makan Makan. There was a vast selection of dishes (salad, various viands to eat with rice, breads, desserts, and fruits) there. We ate our fill (kudos to our attendant at H2O's in house resto. Thank you for being so accommodating, getting some dishes for us when we could’ve walked to get it ourselves =D), just in time for the opening of Ocean Park to use our free ticket to the Oceanarium. We had a blast at this Manila Ocean Park attraction and learned so much more about the sea and the creatures living in it. (We were able to match some of the fishes swimming in the aquarium in our room to the names of the fishes we saw there.) After enjoying the big tanks with the huge sea creatures, we returned to where our personal viewing tank was.

We did go out of the hotel to enjoy a bit of the city during our three days’ stay. Man, was it hard to leave our comfortably chilly room (and the most user friendly air conditioning controls I’ve ever come across, it didn’t have a mind of its own and dictate the temperature we ‘should’ have but stuck to what we programmed it to be). It was such a nice feeling coming home to an H2O room. The rest of our stay went swimmingly (no pun intended *hihi) and when the three days, two nights were over, we just got in a cab (not after buying some drinks from Green Bean, the coffee shop before the door to H2O’s first floor lobby … yum, refreshing frappes – green tea and Tahitian vanilla), headed for the bus station and was en route to our hometown in a snap. H2O Hotel is a hotel we’ll gladly visit again (maybe then, we could stop watching the fish in the room enough to take a dip in their pool and go see the other attractions at Manila Ocean Park. But doing nothing and just staring at the wall, wasn't half bad. =b) Just to reiterate, H2O Hotel made for the best staycations we’ve ever had! (",)

Room Tip: No contest, go for the aqua rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

What I liked:

First of all, the bay view room is not as interesting as the Aqua room!

Although the fish tank wall only lights up from 6am-10pm, it's all worth it...there's an option to put a blind down if you don't want to sleep next to the aquarium as the bed is literally next to it.

Room temperature is cool enough and the whole design of the lobby and reception are modern and stylish.
Staffs at reception and room service were very polite and friendly.

Lots of choices for breakfast when we come down the next day.

What I didn't like:

Staff at restaurant had no sense of urgency especially on replenishing the food.
Also, the host desk wants to discussed the extra bill for my 2 extra guests but instead of coming to our table, she gave a wave gesture to ask me to stand up and attend her at the host desk... Please!?

Tip:
They still don't offer any park tickets with their room rate, they should add this as a promotion.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay.
Please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the unbecoming attitude of the staff on duty on the restaurant. This is not the standard of our service, and have dealt with the concerned departments to ensure this is acted upon right away. Rest assured we are taking this constructively.

We have noted, however, your remarks about the hotel’s design and its modern concept as well as the friendliness and politeness of our Room Service and Reception staff. Thank you for the appreciation.
We look forward to welcome you anytime soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Although I travel alone every time I visit the Philippines, I always have a posse when I'm in the country. Stayed here couple nights with some family members. First I stayed at their regular room. Then I upgraded to the aqua supreme room. Having an aquarium in your room, I must say that was the only highlight of my stay here.

The experienced I had here:
1) Friendly helpful desk clerk

2)Too crowded. From the time you check in and walk around on the grounds. It was always busy with people in and out of the aquarium.

3) We had an incident there, where someone kept knocking on our door several times, in the middle of the night. No one was there every time I look through the peep hole. I finally went to check outside the door and no one was there? I have no idea what was that about?

4)The alarm went off in our room in the middle of the night. No one (staff) can figure out how to turn the darn thing off? When finally someone came in the room to fix the alarm. The only way to stop it from blaring was to yank it off the ceiling. Seriously!?

5)Having lunch there at the restaurant and the food was okay.

6)Foot traffic is always heavy around the hotel grounds, due to the aquarium attraction.

7)Walking at night is not that secure, especially if you are alone. It is really dark on the way to and from the hotel.

8)Taxi is not always available and can get a bit pricey

9)The swimming pool was closed due to a rainy days prior.

Room Tip: If you stay here, get the aqua room. Though can get pricey.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experiences at Hotel H2O during your lastest stay with us. It is great to hear that you appreciated friendliness of our Front Office Associates. I will share your comments and appreciation with the rest of the team.

It is disappointing to know that your experience was flawed because of few concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay.We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for pointing out some of the notable features of the hotel like the aqua room and the food in our restaurant.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!