“Okey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Trick or Treat!
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Manila
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
“Okey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Nice rooms, friendly staff and okey Breakfast! The bar at the second floor is nice in the evening. The swimming pool is dissapointing. The concierge helped us get a taxi within minutes everytime we needed one! It is less than 60 to the mall and only 100 to the restaurants etc

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review.

I am glad you truly enjoyed our facilities including your breakfast experience at the Makan Makan Asian Food Village. We regret to know that you encountered some inconveniences with regards to the swimming pool. We again apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I were visiting a sick relative, after a stressfull stay at home my wife suprised me with a 2 night stay before departing back to the U.S. Im an avid diver and keep saltwater aquaruim at home. Though I agree that it is somewhat confusing getting to the reception desk. Overall the stay was great! Staff is freindly and willing to help. Everything is "yes" sir, "yes" mam! Because is centered on the water park, we took advantage and did some of their shows and displays. I got to kiss a sealz salty!! Strongly recommend the jellyfish and aquarium displays. The breakfast included was more than I expected and dinner at the resturant was great! The staff are great and helpfull I would definately visit it again. They need a pool outside. I would have enjoyed sun bathing and swimming out doors. The whirlpool was okay but a pool outside would have been better. I was happy wuth aww some wall aquarium. I could have laid in bed all day and watch the fishies all day. They need to keep the lighrs on longer though. They go off at 8:00 pm and on at 6:00 am. You have a shade to view and to not veiw if you choose. They should also clean the glass in the room frequently. Thanks for the great time!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We have taken note of the items that you pointed out for us to address. We are very delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay in our Aqua Room.

Hotel H2O is very proud of its aqua room which families really look forward to experiencing when they come to our hotel. It is great that you and your wife were able to enjoy the said room.

Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our team. We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcome you back anytime soon.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a very unique hotel. It's theme is water and is attached to the Manila Ocean Park Aquarium. The rates are reasonable...I paid about $109 on agoda.com for a Bayview room. It included a buffet breakfast and I thought this price was quite reasonable. The staff is first rate, approachable, and professional. You can always judge the hotel room by the bathroom and this hotel definitely passed that test This is definitely a 4-star hotel and a good bargain.

But it is not perfect. The biggest downfall of this hotel is it's swimming pool....there is none. It's quite ironic that a hotel who's name is "water" is actually missing a swimming pool. Manila is hot and humid all year round. Getting a hotel with a pool is a must! They had a pool in the past but tore it down and expanded it's aquarium in the same area. What is left is a small covered wading pool for kids and a large cement jacuzzi that does not replace a swimming pool by any stretch of the imagination.

The absence of a swimming pool is a deal-breaker with most tourists travelling with children. I found myself having to go to the Manila Hotel next door and using their swimming pool.

The other negative aspect is the difficulty of getting a taxi outside the hotel. There is a taxi stand but you must walk about 4 mins to the outside gates of the park to find one. Four minutes may not seem long but it is if you are carrying your luggage.

If they can fix these two areas then I definitely will return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us to improve. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay. Rest assured that facility improvement is on the pipeline.

I would like to thank you, for commending our staff service and also for acknowledging the hotel. It has been a pleasure to accommodate you in Hotel H2O despite the concerns that you raised which we are taking constructively.

We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you're looking for a place to bring the whole family for a taste of adventure within the city, then this is THE place. Aside from being able to enjoy the different adventures available in Ocean Park, an aquarium-themed room can add up to the thrill. We also had free pass for the Sharks & Rays Dry adventure. Location's a long walking distance to the malls in Malate/Ermita. The breakfast buffet in Makan-Makan was great! The pool was just disappointing although it was made of glass. Fancy, but disappointing. I must agree that it is confusing to get to the hotel. Getting to the actual hotel reception was a bit of a challenge. Overall, the experience was quite ok.

Room Tip: Get an aqua-themed room if you're bringing kids.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

After the confusing entrance to the hotel I arrived and my room was not ready and the girl at reception immediately advised that if I wanted to upgrade the room was ready. she continued to tell me that all the rooms had single bed configuration. I advised her that this option was given to me by the travel agent and that I had chosen a queen bed. Waiting around for 45 minutes I was then shown to my room..... which was a disabled persons room and not to my liking. More so was the view, which was to be a Park view......... a disgusting littered and polluted river flowed below and the park view was of the ocean park...... very disappointing. After going back to reception to collect my luggage as they had forgotten to deliver it. Transportation was a nightmare, staff were not willing/ capable to assist and every time I spoke about transport they suggested upgrades etc. I could not walk anywhere as it did not seem safe and was not accessible without taxi. I was very disappointed with my experience there that I would not recommend it to anyone unless you want to be isolated looking at a filthy port and the surrounds of the hotel compliment that.

Room Tip: I guess the only feature this hotel may offer are the rooms with the fishtanks as for everything els...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A little tricky to navigate as the reception is on one side and the entrance to the rooms is on the other side. Friendly service , clean spacious and modern rooms. Highlight of my stay was the included breakfast- lots of choices and impeccable service! It's hard to get a taxi and there is no public transport nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Binan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for my mom's birthday, and we booked the aqua room. It was pretty good, and the bed's were soft and big. Finding the reception area was pretty confusing since it was on the 3rd floor. All in all, our stay was pretty alright, nothing bad happened, but one night here is enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!