“Room with a view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Diamond Package!
Ranked #9 of 103 hotels in Manila
Sydney, Australia
“Room with a view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A little tricky to navigate as the reception is on one side and the entrance to the rooms is on the other side. Friendly service , clean spacious and modern rooms. Highlight of my stay was the included breakfast- lots of choices and impeccable service! It's hard to get a taxi and there is no public transport nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Binan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for my mom's birthday, and we booked the aqua room. It was pretty good, and the bed's were soft and big. Finding the reception area was pretty confusing since it was on the 3rd floor. All in all, our stay was pretty alright, nothing bad happened, but one night here is enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice hotel...we had an Aqua Room with the aquarium in it. It was really cool seeing all the fish swim by day and night. I probably would not stay here again. Nothing seriously wrong just not totally my type of place. Confusing entry and if you have lots of bags you have to drop them off at a drop off and they take them for you to the 3rd floor for check in. (3rd floor really?) If not u have to drag all your bags up 2 flights of steps to the hotel entrance alongside the Manila Ocean Park entrance. The set-up was really not good and a little strange. Anyway, the rooms were good and clean except for the all glass bathroom?? I mean really?? The bathroom door doubles as the shower door and I could almost sit on the toilet and look through the clear glass wall and see the TV. Stupidest idea for a bathroom I ever saw. If you want or like privacy while your in the bathroom DO NOT stay at this hotel. The breakfast buffet was great though and staff very friendly and helpful just the bathroom and entrance/check-in set-up are kind of disasters.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my parents, at first it was a bit confusing entering the hotel as there is a small welcome reception area before walking up the stairs but once you enter the building and head to the 3rd floor for check in you get used to it. Needs better direction and signage though.

Our room was on the 2nd floor right on the opposite end of the hotel, it was surprisingly modern and well furnished with ceiling high windows. The view was of the show arena, we could see the shows and light shows which is pretty cool. There was a complimentary basket of snacks & drinks and the mini bar of soft drinks was also complimentary, that was very surprising.

The shower and toilet had their own separate cubicles and had blinds which could be put down. Theres no real privacy unfortunately but many hotels have a similar layout. There was a complimentary breakfast included for 2 pax but that was a one time only use, not complimentary daily. I booked through hotelclub so I will be looking at that more carefully from now on.

The buffet breakfast had a wide variety with great quality and a view of Manila Bay, the wait staff were very tentative in serving beverages and assisting with any special requests or egg/omelette orders and would often bring you plates of fruit/sweets or drinks once finished as a kind of dessert.

The only issue we experienced with this hotel was the keycard to our room would not work, 3 times I had to have the cards recoded. Every time I was told by staff they are very sensitive to magnetic fields from gadgets but I would usually just have the card in my wallet. One instance after having it recoded I placed it on the bedside table, in the morning it did not work upon returning from breakfast.

Getting a taxi may sometimes be an issue from this hotel but if you walk outside the complex there are sometimes taxi's standing on the side of the road. The hotel is a short ride away from Mall of Asia, there are many restaurants in the area and within the complex. Jose Rizal Monument is close by, a morning walk through the park and you'll find many exercising, tai chi practitioners and street food vendors.

This is a great hotel, it's away from the hustle and bustle of Manila. Theres plenty to see as Ocean Park shares the same complex and there are amusement, retail and food outlets below the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

When I first saw the place I was amazed and said to myself that I will come here for a night or two. Then come last christmas season we booked for 3 days and 2 nights. The rate was high but there are plenty of offers to choose from if you are not in a hurrt si that you can save.

The first time we went to check in I was so nervous because the place was elegant and nice I thought simple questions won't be entertained but the staff were nice they were the ones who offered evrrything we might need. They provided all the information we ask even the things I forgot to mention.

The place was cool and so relaxing I so love it. One thing though, I believe all rooms shiuld have their own aquariums regardless of the type as it is the motif of the hotel. Also the toilet has something to wash yourself with so that you don't have to go the bathroom to wash.

All in all everything was good and nice. Thanks for the experience.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

For a special treat for my girlfriend i booked a night for Valentines day at Hotel h20. Proved to be a master stroke.

We were greeted by friendly reception staff and was nicely surprised with an upgrade to the Aqua Room which was very nice room indeed. Something very relaxing about watching fish swim by your room. One liked our company so much he stayed for the whole time.

Was told the best place to watch the sunset was the Whitemoon Bar i went there but the Manager was rude and arrogant. They had a valentines promotion on and unless we took up the over priced deal he didnt want us there at all. First he said it was all booked out but that was a lie. We went to Makan Makan Restaurant had just as good a view and saw hardly anybody in the Whie Moon Bar.

Makan Makan restaurant was very good the food and the service exceptional made up for the rude arrogant manager of the Whie Moon bar which i would avoid at all costs.

Had no problems on check out Room service was good my girlfriend was extremely happy so i have to rate the experience as excellent and well recommended.

Room Tip: Aqua Room recomended
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

after a long fligth from sydney me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel.
the hotel was centrally located in Manila and just next to the ocean world.
upon arrival the bell man approach the taxi ang unload our bags from the vallet parking area
grab our details (reservation name ) and told the reception on level 3 by a radio.
then you need to go upstair to check in . welcomed by nice and friendly receptions.
our room was nice clean spacious and ofcourse the love AQUA rium in the room. amazing place to stay really recomemded.
seaside restaurant was night for late dine in as well.
makan makan restaurant was fantastic very attentive staff and brings your serve food with a smile.
the only thing i did not like is when i used the business centre and print one page cost me 250pesos no biggie but its a bit to much i guess.

definitely will stay again when i come back to Mnaila

Room Tip: aqua room with the bayview is an excellent room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelH2O-Manila, Director of Sales at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time and for sharing your experience with us.
Your comments on our Business Center service charge are valuable to us as these will
help the hotel to further review our offers. On the other hand,
we are pleased to have known that we have met your expectations in rooms over-all
upkeep, good breakfast buffet and our associates warm hospitality.
Once again, we thank you and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!