“Awesome Hotel and the Fountain Show.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Early Yuletide Offers!
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Manila
United States
“Awesome Hotel and the Fountain Show.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I really really enjoyed my stay on HotelH2o last week. We got the perfect view of the room for the musical fountain show although when we went to the SPA its already closed.

Big thanks to JP for being well accommodating on the phone. He was very pleasant and nice talking to the phone.

Room Tip: Rooms with Jacuzzi, particularly the club bay room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
We greatly appreciate that you took time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel H2O.
Thank you for appreciating the hotel guest room and the musical fountain show as well. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our team.

We look forward to welcome you back anytime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here at the end of our trip in the Philippines and were blown away by the room. We got the aquarium view room and spoofed lying on the bed watching all the fish swim back and forth between the rooms,
Overall facilities in the hotel were good and the hotel is in a good location. It is a short ride to robinsons plaza or makati.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel H2O.

It is such a delight to know that you had a good experience and particularly enjoyed the aqua room; it is one of the top features of our hotel.

Again, thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. My team and I look forward to be of service to you on your next visit.
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is the best we can found in Manila!
Some Pros:
* Walking distance to Rizal Park & then you can continue walking to Intramuros
* Sea view! It's nice to wake up in the morning and have sea view in our room BIG window!
* H2O Hotel is inside Manila Ocean Park! So you can spend all the day long in Manila Ocean Park, rest for a while, and continue in the afternoon until night to explore Manila Ocean Park...
* Restaurant Makan-Makan served a very good breakfast buffet!

Cons:
* expensive :) But it's worth the price..
* no bathtub in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Choose for a sea view rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about Hotel H2O.

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience in our hotel. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed your breakfast spread that we have in Makan Makan Asian Food Village, as well as our hotel’s other facilities.

Again, thank you and I hope you’ll be staying with us once again on your next visit to Manila.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We would highly recommend this hotel. The views are fantastic, the staff are very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is a spread second to none, best in town. The only downside is that they charge 800PHP each way to the airport. This should be a service included in the price. Take the yellow metered taxis for under 300 PHP. Also, the restaurant on the deck/balcony doesn't belong to the hotel. It would have been fantastic to have dinner overlooking the ocean and city, but their restaurant is inside. We would have opted for the outdoor one, Paper Moon, but their menu is very limited to 'bar food' if you like that sort of thing. However, it's a great place to have a cocktail or an ice cold beer.

Room Tip: We chose the ocean view and it's a view to die for!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We are very delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay.

We would like to thank you, for commending our staff service and also for acknowledging the fantastic view of the hotel. We regret to know that you encountered some inconvenience with regards to the transportation. We are giving the options to guests on the room rates if to include transport service or not.

Overall, we truly appreciate that you found Hotel H2O as the best place to stay in Manila.

We look forward to welcome you back. Once again, thank you very much.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The attraction of staying in this hotel is of course their aqua room, where instead of a window you have a wall-sized aquarium with fishes swimming from one room to another. This is a nice experience both for children and adults. As other reviewers have already said, they turn off the aquarium lights at night - but you can still see the fish. I was a bit bothered that the toilet in our aqua room had a see-through glass door from the bedroom - you don't get any privacy.

We also stayed in a bay view room - which was a lot bigger than the aqua room where we stayed on the first day. There is a bath tub (just a shower in the aqua room) and two toilets and showers (the glass doors to the toilets are frosted and thus provide pricavy), plus a separate living area with a sofa.

The problem with this hotel is the food. My son had room service, and he said it was not good. In fact he tried to look for another restaurant downstairs (there are several, although they are closed by 9pm, probably even earlier). He ordered chicken wings, and he said it tasted like adobo. The buffet breakfast is not worth the amount they charge for it (if you don't get free breakfast buffet with your room). There are very few choices - on our first breakfast, we only had a choice of breaded fish fillet (not good), sausage (not even longganisa), fried ham, beef with pepper and chicken adobo. I had the chicken adobo and was extremely disappointed - one would think the chef/s would have perfected this national dish but I could make better adobo using commercially available adobo mix (it was that bad). The hot chocolate drink had too much water. Their lemonade was all right, but it was not available on our second day in the hotel.

We had lunch and dinner also at the hotel restaurant and I felt we paid too much for a so-so meal. If you have a choice, you'd be better off having your meals at the restaurant chains downstairs. The wait staff were extremely courteous, probably trying to make up for the below average food.

I treated my sister to a body massage at the spa, and she said it was not good at all. They also have a weird way of soliciting for tips (optional) for their masseuse: they ask you to write your name on a form, your comments, and the amount you would like to give as tip. Other spas give you an envelope which you turn over to reception if you want to leave a tip - which I think is a better system than the one this hotel uses.

If you want to go to Ocean Park, you can buy your tickets at the hotel reception (same rate as in the ticketing booth). Beware though that they might not give you the correct time for the show you want to see. My friends bought tickets for the stingray encounter and were told that they have to be there at 7.45am. When they arrived at the gate, only the guard was there and they were told that it actually starts at 8.30 or thereabouts.

I will probably not be coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: choose the aqua rooms for the experience
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to post a review.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience you had on our Food and Beverage. I will share your feedback to our F&B team as it will help us to improve the quality of our service and products.

With regards to your comment regarding hotel reception and Spa, this has been shared with the concern Department Heads to avoid similar incident in the future. We value your comments as it allows us to recognize the needs of our guests and to improve our service.

We look forward that you would give us opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Before I booked this hotel, I just feel the "aqua rooms" is overrated. And the Park View after the first instance you have seen the Musical Fountain Show will just irritate you for the nth time you have to endure the laser lights.

Bay View room is the best option. Watching the sunset inside your room is definitely an amazing experience in itself. Though, don't expect the water to be clear or even wish for a balcony. Manila Bay stink and that is a fact.

Likes: The suite is clean. I like the layout of the room. Towels smell and look fresh. Comfy bed

Suggestions: They should have removed the stain in the carpet. The glass doors tend to bang loudly (and a lock maybe?) The in-house movie is a bit of a rip-off. And power outlet pls near the corner tables.

In all, a great experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking to post a review. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us to improve.

We regret to hear that you experience was not to your expectation and we would like to express our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel.

It is also appreciated that you gave us inputs on the areas we can improve on. I have taken note of your comments. Rest assured that we will always look at improving the service we provide to our valued guests.

We still look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Oahu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

When I booked at the time, I didn't realize that the hotel sits on an unlit area, very poor lighting around this property at night. I was nervous coming and in out of the hotel. We stayed here for a whole week with my family. The hype about this hotel was having an aquarium inside your room. But in reality, it wasn't all that! Trying to make a boutique style hotel, doesn't compare to what I've seen in my travels.

The last couple nights here were terrible. We encountered a scare for our lives, when an alarm goes off inside our room and no one (staffs) seems to know why? They can't even figure out how to turn it off the darn thing! Mind you, getting woken up in the middle of the night with an alarm blaring while you are inside the room, is enough to give someone a heart attack. Prior to that event, was the constant knocking on our door, but no one was there once opened? I was livid that night! After all these shenanigans. Finally a guy came to our room with a ladder, yanked the cable off the alarm to stop it. And so we went back to bed that night with a wire hanging down from the ceiling, with no alarm when a real fire comes. Go figure!
The next morning, I kept waiting for some respond to what the hell had happened that night? But no one come around, not even an apology from a manager for that matter? Once I checked out and mentioned it to the front desk, she pretended nothing had happened in that bloody night.Seriously! I knew I had to write review about this, I wish I'd done it sooner. I will never stay here again ever and make sure that my friends and family won't have to either. Most wasted time of my travel, not to mentioned the money I spent here. Ugh! What a waste.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We truly apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. What transpired is not standard of our service.

We have taken note of the concerns you raised and will ensure that proper action is done right away to avoid similar incident in the future.

We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations as we sincerely hope you will give us the chance to be of service to you once again in the future.

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!