“14 day stay in Aqua Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Diamond Package!
Ranked #11 of 102 hotels in Manila
Belleville, Illinois
“14 day stay in Aqua Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Loved the Hotel, close proximity to just about everything. Hotel was extremily good, had a couple minor problems with room, like batteries died on remote control, also AC went out on our room. Maintenace came out fast, could not repair AC unit in timely manner so they moved us into another Aqua room, all within an hour of intial contact from us. It was a little irritating to have to move so a compt upgraded room would have been nice given our long stay but none was available. That was the only disappointing moment. But Staff was excellent, service excellent.
Makan Makan on site restuarant was excellent, their staff remembers you and has everything ready for you every morning just the way we liked it.
Really made us feel like royalty there.
One downside, purchasing tours is quite expensive through Hotel, you can easily do it online for much cheaper.

Room Tip: Aqua, definatly Aqua is a must. Loved waking up to that enormous fishtank, great way to wake up and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share a feedback about Hotel H2O.

I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experiences due to the malfunctioned of air-condition in our guestroom. Our Engineering Department ensures the regular check of air-condition is being done. We have taken note of this issue as an area that requires improvement.

I am happy to note that you were satisfied with the service that was provided by our staff. Truly one of our strongest asset is our manpower. Thank you for your appreciation.

We look forward on your next visit.

524 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the start and end of my trip, few nights in a Park view room and Aqua Room.

Both were very clean, nice and modern, with good facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Airport pick up was all ok and got through the Manila "whacky racers traffic" safely.

The Aqua Room is nice for the novelty as the fish swim past and it has an electric blind for night time if you like - keeps the children entertained if there is nothing on TV and nice to wake up and watch the fish swim about - didn't see any of the lobsters they must have been hanging out in another room. Would probably recommend the deluxe version for the bit more space and bath if staying again.

Park view room had nice views of the Manila sky line, swimming pool and water show, but they were being refurbished when I was there. Would be ideal for families as the novelty of the fish in the aqua room wears off after a while and there are no windows.

Having the shops and Deep Sea world on the ground floor is good for a day out and the park across the road is nice for a stole at night and lets children run about in safety.

The restaurants, meeting area were all very professional looking and clean.

Didn't use the spa, but it looked good if your into that.

The LTR train is within walking distance too and Robinsons Mall is a 15 min walk.

Will be trying a Bay View room on my next visit as the views across the bay from the breakfast area are lovely and the harbour area is quite busy so lots to see and do.

Only criticism would be the check in procedure seems to take an age with a few weird questions which isn't really what your after a long flight and extra beds for children didn't seem to be an option so not ideal if you have older children.

But over all a nice hotel, still got the free slippers as they are rather comfy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We sincerely appreciate that you took time to share your recent stay experience at Hotel H2O.

I wish to thank you for acknowledging our Parkview Room and Aqua Room and the friendliness of our hotel staff. Indeed, our location is also a major plus because it gives our guests easy access to LRT train and malls.

Thank you as well for giving inputs on the areas we can improve on. I have taken note of your comments regarding check in procedures. Rest assured that we will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

We also look forward to your next visit in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with a reservation for an Aqua room but they said booking.com canceled the reservation because of a bad credit card (not possible -- other hotel booked at the same time had no problem!). So... They gave us their "last room" and it had double beds instead of a queen or double bed. Really not cool.

• Stayed September 2013
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a review.

We regret to hear that your experience was not to your expectation and we would like to express our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us to improve. Your comments have been forwarded to the Department Heads concerned and discussed the team. Rest assured that necessary measures will be taken accordingly.

We would sincerely hope that you allow us an opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and was quite impressed with the Aqua Room. I love the aquarium inside the room, so cozy.

What I dont like about the room though is their bath coz when I shower, there will be water spills up to inside of the room.. So I have to place a towel outside the bathroom door.

Another thing that I dont like is their breakfast buffet spread. The taste is meh and are cold. Good thing that their waiters/attendants are attentive and always asks if we need/want anything.

I will definitely come back next time without availing their buffet breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us to improve. We are very delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay in our Aqua Room.

With regards to your comment on the condition of our bathroom, we are glad to share with you that we have rectified the sloping of the bathroom tiles to address the water ponding on the floor.

It is a regret to know that your breakfast experience was not to your expectations. Rest assured that this has been duly noted and shared with our F&B team to help us improve the quality of our food.

We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My stay at this hotel gives me a share of good and bad experiences. My overall staying experience rating would be just Satisfactory leaning towards Needs Improvement.
The hassle started during my booking. I was going to use a GC for an overnight stay that i redeemed through another company's promo. Since my daughter's birthday was coming up, I thought of using it there cause we were going to be visiting their Aquarium anyway. So 2 weeks before my check-in date, I emailed H2O inquiring if I could use the GC on the said dates I was also asking their LRR as i wanted to get a connecting room. I received an email the day after from their reservations agent Ms Fortu saying that it is available and that i needed to give the GC number, name of guest and dates. She did not answer my inquiry on a connecting room, which I was willing to pay for. Since i did not have the GC at the time i was replying to the email, I asked if they could block a room for me and I would email back the GC number-- i did not receive any email from them acknowledging receipt of my email. I waited and waited. A week after, i emailed them the information they were asking for. But I never received a reply.
The day before the check-in date, in the morning, I called them asking if they received my email. I spoke to a reservations agent named Shine. She asked me a few questions then after, said that check with Ms Fortu and call me back. I even gave her my mobile number. It was almost 5pm and I still did not receive any call from their reservations department with regards to my inquiry. So I did a follow up phone call, it felt like they did not mind my inquiry because no apology and reason was made as to why they have not called. I spoke to Shine and she said that she was going to transfer me to Ms Fortu, while she transferred the call, the line got cut. So I had to call again. When I called again, she did not transfer me to Ms Fortu, apparently, she just needed to tell me that i had to send them a copy of the GC via fax or email and then they would send me the confirmation number.
So far that was the height of the hassle of our trip, the reservations team.
Front office, Concierge, was not that engaging and you would always catch them chatting with each other more than entertaining the guests. When it was my turn to check in the FO agent who attended to me was very accommodating (I forgot the name but she was in the 3pm shift, I do have to commend her as she is one of the staff that was very engaging), however the gentleman beside me who was going to check-out had to wait a few minutes as the front office agent beside her was talking to a staff on the phone, It may have been regarding work, but when you're in front of the guest, you need to attend to the guest's needs first.
The room we got was the parkview room, which was ok. But had the smell of strong chlorine. The scent in the corridor and the lobby was nice and pleasant but as we entered the room, it smelled of strong chlorine.
For the kids, they loved the room as it overlooked the park but my 5year old daughter mentioned that the room smelled like a swimming pool. They really liked the oceanarium, penguins, and the birds. We were not able to reach the seal show because we got their late. But for them, the experience was great as they did not feel the hassles i had to go through. I do have to give dibs to the front of the house staff. The Ocean Park staff were also accommodating.
Product is good and some staff gave exceptional service. The swimming pool was closed as it was raining. The spa is opened until 10pm only. Makan-makan looked very enticing but we opted to each at the buffet in another hotel.
The reason why i did not get a connecting room was because after experiencing their reservations team, I didn't really feel like spending my money on an establishment that seems like they don't want to sell rooms, what's alarming was that they were just on a 51% occupancy that night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. We truly value the comments of our guests.

We have taken note of the items that you pointed out for us to address. We have identified the staff concerned and proper action have been taken to avoid similar incident in the future. We regret for the inconvenience that these incidents brought you.

We would like to assure you that what happened is not standard of our service thus, for your future transaction and/or visit rest assured that it will be handled professionally and efficiently.

We look forward to meet you in the future in the hope that you will give us opportunity to be of service to you once again.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

First time in this hotel....very unique because they have a room they call "aqua room",got very interested so i booked that room to my surprise i got a fish tank all over the wall of my room..hehe very relaxing ambience because you see fishes swimming on your wall... and plus its the first hotel i knew that stuffs in the mini bar is compimentary :-)

The staffs are very friendly and accomodating...they act quickly as my first night here, the central aircon on my side of the building got busted...they immediately transfer us to a new room which i think is actually bigger than what i booked...very nice service :-)

One concerned though...i didn't like the food from the hotel restaurant...especially the chinese food...being chinese i know what's the authentic taste like...but i do love the crab sotanghon..its the best! But other than that i do hope they improved the flavors of the food.

I'm looking forward to come back here but hopefully my whole trip will be more nice including my meals :-)

Room Tip: Get the aqua room for more relaxing ambience :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about Hotel H2O!

It is such a delight to know that you had a good experience and particularly enjoyed the aqua room; it is one of the top features of our hotel.

I would like to thank you, for commending our staff service. It has been a pleasure to accommodate you in Hotel H2O.

It is a regret to know that your experience in our restaurant was not to your expectations. Rest assured that this has been duly noted and shared with our F and B Team to help us improve the quality of our food and service.

We look forward to welcome you back in Hotel H2O.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed a total of 5 nights here in Sept 2013. Spent 4 nights then after touring the country a bit came back and stayed another night due to how much we enjoyed it. The hotel is situated right in Ocean park and has plenty to do right there. The rooms are very clean, the bed is very comfortable, the staff was great and the food to choose from is great. We had the Aqua room and loved having the fish swimming around. Ok I agree with the others that the glass bathroom doors lack privacy and yes the shower tended to get water all over the floor but it was easily managed with a towel.

The only negative is upon check in they want a copy of the email used for reservation. I found this annoying after a 24 hour flight that I had to log into my wifi phone and dig up an email to send back to them?? PLEASE change this silly policy. I still rate it 4 stars and would stay there again.

Pool was closed for renovation but I knew this ahead of time so don't hold it against the hotel.

Room Tip: the aqua room with the fishes is very unique and worth the extra money.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you took time to post a review. We have taken note of the items that you pointed out for us to address.

For the swimming pool, it is currently undergoing renovation to give way to our new attraction that will be launched soon. The newest attraction will feature interaction with Sharks and Stingrays.

It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay in our Aqua room and that you noticed the cleanliness of the room, the comfortable bed and likewise the food in our Restaurant ( Makan Makan Asian Food Village). Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!