“interesting concept” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Trick or Treat!
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Manila
Toronto, Canada
“interesting concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Check in
Arrived in front of ocean park, consignor helped us carry our bags to the front lobby. It's a bit of a walk and on the 3rd floor. The lobby was real nice, it has a really interesting atmosphere. Also nearby the restaurant the view of the Bay is just beautiful.

We went with the aquarium room. The fish rank was the entire wall and lots of different fish. The bed was large and comfortable. I found it a bit small but it was still nice. The washroom had lots of space too.

The breakfast was great and was included. No restaurants were not open late night tho but u can order delivery to the hotel, like what we did 4 am lol. During the day there are many restaurants to choose from.

The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.

The oceanarium is right downstairs which was really cool, lots of intetesting creatures.

Our favorite part about H2o is the location Manila Bay. The sunset was stunning, it really was a beautiful and for that reason I would stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mnlhotel_10, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel H2O.We also appreciate that you mentioned about our staff's friendly attitude and hospitality, and also for acknowledging the hotel to have an interesting concept.

We are always delighted to know the positive experiences of our guests.Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our team.We truly value your comments as these will help us improve our services.

Once again, thank you and hope to welcome you back soon at Hotel H2O.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Best room design for a family!
Stayed in a premier suite. Its almost like 2 rooms in one without the hassle of an adjoining door and compromising convenience or acoustics. Can be appropriately private and united at the same time. There are 2 huge bathrooms - one with a very nice tub and both with rainshowers; 2 flat screen tvs in both areas yet you can watch without being bothered by either one. 2 airconditioning units with separate controls. Has a Queen Bed in one and a sofa bed with several chairs in the other. Floor to ceiling view of the Manila Bay and nice blockout customised curtains.
Food at makan makan is not memorable but the service is great. In particular, randy made sure we got all that we needed for a perfect experience. It was also great that you had easy access to where the action is - ocean park amenities.
What I didnt like was the pool. It wasn't conducive to swimming as it almost shared water with the sea lion show. I also did not like the long walk to reception both from the rooms and from parking. There are 2 other receiving areas and several maneuvers before you get to the actual hotel. While waiting at the lobby during checkout, we were asked by a hotel personnel what we were doing there. That was kinda rude. Luckily it was our last few moments in the hotel that he ruined. Reception desk also almost always took forever before answering the phone.
All in all it was great. Will go back but not during the rainy season. I assume it would be scary staying in a hotel on stilts during a storm.

• Stayed April 2013
HotelH2O-Manila, Director of Sales at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
On behalf of Hotel H2O management and staff, we are delighted to have known that
you have over-all enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our hotel room interior and design. Please rest assured that we shall extend your commendations to the outstanding services of the concerned associate at Makan Makan Asian Food Village.

Matters concerning the outlet's food quality, swimming pool facilities and other services are valuable to us as these will help the hotel to further improve our services. We hope this incident will not discourage you from returning to Hotel H2O in the future.

Once again, we thank you and we look forward to welcome you back.
Pasig, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at a Park View room. It's a small room like 26sqm but you wouldn't mind it because the room's design is so playful! It was nice, clean, cozy and elegant! I really loved it! And I slept like a baby in that room.

From the room you can also see the where they park holds the animal and fountain shows.

Aside from the Ocean Park, you can also spend some time at the White Moon bar which also within the hotel. It's a nice bar by the bay, where you can unwind with few drinks. I also loved the variety of Asian food at Makan Makan Restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HotelH2O-Manila, Director of Sales at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel H2O.

Please rest assured that we shall continue to serve our guests and provide them an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My company family day was going to be in a park beside this hotel. I called them the last week of March three times before anyone actually replied to me with a reasonable reply. I was simply asking for the corporate rates to be given to us. Since it was already approaching April and the event was April 27 I wanted to make sure that I secure a hotel room for my family to rest while touring the park beside it.

HIghlights are as follows:
1. It took at least three calls to their reservation office before I finally got someone who understand what they are talking about.
2. By April 9, I got a confirmation of the premier suite that I reserved.
3. By April 25, two days before I check in I was told that the Aqua Premier room is not available. Instead, I will be given a room that is premier but not aqua.
4. Since everyone in my family is already ready I still accepted this change.
5. By April 26, at 10am I got a call asking me if my reservation is confirmed for 27th. I told the woman who called that I already replied to that question the day before and can they arrange for me to check in at 12 noon since they were not able to give me the room I requested for.
6. By April 27, I was at the hotel 1pm. No room. We had to wait until 230pm before we got in the room.
7. The room faced manila bay, I should have been told it actually faces the MANILA BAY PIER not Manila BAY!!!!!

I am pissed because I was looking for a acquarium in the room NONE.
I am pissed because they said manila bay view. NOPE this was MANILA PIER

The people are nice but the aircon was not cool enough in that room. toilet flush sporadically.

Definitely not checking into this hotel again ever....
Rate charged was 9,6333 nett per night ...highway robbery if you ask me.

Room Tip: Insist on an assurance that the room you reserved is what you get. They will sell you a room and giv...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time in informing us of your concerns.

We are disappointed to learn of your recent experiences, the miscommunication and lack of coordination on the original room reservation made and commitment we are conveying to our guests unfortunately, did not meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that the management will take corrective actions and measures to prevent the situation from happening again.

We sincerely appreciate and value your comments as these will help the hotel to further improve our services.

Please give us the opportunity to welcome you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

actually i like the hotel it's so clean . the stuff was wonderful & expert in dealing with guests . the rooms design was so nice . but there's little disadvantage . 1st : the prices little bit high . 2nd u need to walk around 400 m. to reach the entrance . 3rd it's too much crowded at the entrance because of the museum's visitors.

• Stayed February 2013
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked an aquarium room. The aquarium itself was interested and nice to look at.
The rooms are somewhat small though. Service is correct and nice, but could be better. It is clean though. A negative point is that around 6 am, the aquarium lights switch on (i suppose this is necessary for the well-being of the fish, so okay) but also a light in our room switched on (Not good for my well-being).
The hotel is clean though although i think its a bit more expensive then what you get in return. I don't regret my stay but i won't go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We experienced a great stay at this hotel. The staff spoke excellent English, was very well trained and helpful. The rooms were spacey (bayview), super clean and the bed really comfortable. There was a minibar in the room and a fresh stock of complimentary coke, water and some snacks. Aircon worked fine. The location is perfect if you want to see Intramuros, Rizal Park, Binondo and of course Ocean park. Hard to catch a (metered) taxi sometimes, anyway you have to head to the main road 200 meters from the hotel (no big deal). Airport is about 30 min away, depending on the traffic (we went there 11am) and costs 800 Peso. It tool us around 30 min to get from Green Belt to the Hotel during Rush Hour. The breakfast buffet was excellent, ranging from Asian over Western to cereals and cakes. Best we had in Philippines so far. There's also a fitness center and a swimming pool free to use. Check in and check out went quick and smooth. Downside is that just outside of our room was a open roof bar which played music until after 12pm and with the curtains open, we could hear it very well. The bathroom is only covered by a half transparent glass door through which you can easily see the Silouette and hear practically every noise. take this in consideration if you don't like this intimate setting too much. The concierge is somewhat off of the lobby in a sort of outside booth, no problem with that though since you will be directed to the main hotel area very easily. We had to pay 200 peso for the hotel to take our postcards (I don't know how that's handled in other hotels here, but I usually experienced this as free service). Overall an excellent stay in a nice riom with good service and great breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!