“Amazing staff/Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Manila
United States
“Amazing staff/Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

we really enjoy our stay in hotel h2o. very nice room with aquarium wall inside. from our reservation the staff are very accommodating, jobeth give prompt reply in every questions we ask. front desk with pleasant smiles. we recommend this hotel for the family who wants to have a cozy vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

stayed overnight via a promo they had...the ruby package for 2 is truly a treat. It was our first time at Hotel H2O and at Manila Ocean Park, our stay was indeed better than expected. The hotel is modern and fully equipped (incl. complimentary mini bar items) -- stayed at the aqua room so it is a real sight to see, where a huge aquarium is located. the package also came with set breakfast and lunch at Makan Makan where food is great and surprisingly priced competitively. Zenyu Eco Spa was also a treat that came with the package, 60min body massage and hot bed treatment...a must try when you're looking for relaxation. Plus, attraction tickets to Ocean Park's Oceanarium, Antartica trail, glass bottom boat ride, and fish spa :) Overall it was a great stay and kept us busy. This place can really exceed one's expectation. Excellent service, food, ambiance and a lot more! Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: look for promo packages, if not try to get the best deals check the a/c if it cools right away
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gardena, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This Hotel and its Location is one of the best locations around Manila, Being is minutes away from the Robinson's Place and the Mall of Asia, everything was convenient. I was a bit upset when one of their Staff told my Fiancee that I have not checked into the Hotel after I was stuck at Ninoy searching for my Fiancee for hours knowing i was at the wrong terminal. My Fiancee ended up going to the Hotel and explaining the situation that I did not have a working cell phone, I was from a different country and was only to bake calls via skype through an internet connection. My Fiancee was told that I had not checked in also after I had checked in at 2pm and called my Fiancee in Hong Kong describing what the room looked like inside. She was rejected in given a key after I had put her name down as a guest. Truly other than that, The Dining and the Bay View Room and the rest of the Employee's there are very Professional and Hospitality. My Fiancee and I are looking forward in Going back to this Hotel. The Zenyu Eco Spa is perfect for couples to get away and have a relaxing time together. Looking forward in returning there Next Year :_)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went on a 2 week vacation in the Philippines. My awesome vacation was ruined by this hotel. How?

1.) I planned to splurge and stay in one of their nicer rooms for my last two nights in the Philippines. I booked my room 3 months in advance. And a few days before my scheduled check-in date, I received an email from them welcoming me and giving me info on how to get to the hotel. THEN THE FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE POPPED MY AWESOME VACATION BUBBLE. They told me my booking did not went through. It was my last 2 nights, and I already used most of my budget. I used my extra shopping money to pay my hotel room (which is not cheap) rendering me half-broke. No love there! If I was broke when I get there, I will be walking out of embarrassment from not being able to pay it upfront. (T___T)

2.) A week before this, my forearm was bitten by a small bug somewhere in Boracay, I scratched it a tiny bit. The scratch turned into a small ugly wound after I went scuba diving for several days in El Nido (looked like a penny-sized-stage III bed-sore). Now, I asked the front desk if they have a small band-aid for me to cover my scratch before I go clubbing in Manila, they made me wait for more than 15 minutes in the lobby while I was being waited on by my taxi. In comparison, I stayed in a small lodge in El Nido and they have a small first aid kit in their front desk area. I was hoping that a hotel this big would have a first aid kit somewhere. I am totally turned off, and left clubbing with my exposed wound.

I NEVER REALLY RATE BASED ON SERVICE ALONE, BUT MY EXPERIENCE IS NO GOOD.

Room Tip: I stayed in Club Aqua Room, it was awesome. The Superior Aqua room should be great too.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Room looksf nice but the service given to us by the staff is unforgivable. They need more training. The fishes in the aquarium needs more variety and you need to add more exotic fishes. Other than that room was nice.

• Stayed November 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We attended the Tourism week held at World Trade last July 2012 and got to avail the promos of hotels in the Philippines. Luckily, we got to book Hotel H2O's Aqua Room for only 3,500 pesos. It was cheaper considering the view of the aquarium inside your room and the snacks that you get for free...not much but very well worth it.
The room, 3110 located on the 3rd floor was about 20 sqm. It has a king size bed, a 32-in LCD tv,a personal ref, coffee maker, toilet and bath (no bath tub). It's really clean and cold...a great 5/5 for the hotel.
For the restaurant, it was quite frustrating as there are very limited choices. You only have Pancake House and The North Park as two of your choices a the ground floor. At the second floor, you have Mangan Mangan were you can akso have your buffet breakfast at 600 per head. The food was great, price was manageable; but the service was a little disastrous. Our dinner last night was not spectacuar because the delivery of food was a little slow. We were given about 2-3 minutes to wait for the barbeque chicken but it was served only after about 15 minutes. They were apologetiic though but failed to give a decent excuse.
So, the stay was well worth it but give a little less expectation for the food. If you're with your kids, they may want to enjoy the rides and games at the ground level but give them around 1,000 pesos each so they can get to truly enjoy the rides and shows...50 per ride and 150 per show.

Room Tip: If you're not a foodie, this hotel is a good place to rest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Metro Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed in the bayview room. It was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed for a weekend.

(+)
- complete room amenities
- room ambiance
- room service
- staff was great
- had the park right next to the hotel
- makan makan restaurant

(-)
- watercloset and shower w/ glass doors facing the bed (no privacy)
- no bidet/hand shower in the wc
- people from the park coming in the hotel

(- -)
- our security deposit was charged to my creditcard. The front desk wont return your charge slip and ive already called twice to check if they cancelled it.

Overall, it was a fun experience

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!