“A very unique hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Suite Family Package!
Ranked #11 of 106 Hotels in Manila
Ottawa, Canada
“A very unique hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. Two nights in the aquaroom and 4 nights in the parkview room. This is a very different hotel with a unique water theme. The aquaroom featured a full-length aquarium spanning the entire wall. The fish in the aquarium have the freedom to swim from room to room since the aquarium spans the entire floor. It was a wonderful room. The aquarium was much larger than I thought. The room was quite spacious and the bathroom very nice with a rain shower falling ten feet from the ceiling of the shower stall.

The only fault I could think of was the bathroom was designed so that you could easily see the other person on the toilet. This might be a little awkward to most. This was not a problem in the parkview room. The hotel swimming pool actually belongs to the Oceanarium next door and is for use by the paying public as well as hotel guests. It might be just the largest pool in the city but awkwardly sits in front of the grandstand where the sea lions perform 3 times a day. The hotel offers free wi-fi and you can watch the sea lion show from your poolside lounge chair for free.

I have to say I loved this hotel. I would recommend it to anybody travelling with their family or by themselves.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boracay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Booked the hotel over a hotelbooking site. I had no specific plans for manila so i did not care what area i would end. Well I ended up in the New Stylish H2O Hotel and i did not regret it. Rooms are New, Stylish, clean. Service is prompt and friendly. Breakfast Buffet was great.
Dont Miss the White Moon Bar for sunset there. Most likely one of the coolest places in Manila to enjoy sunset.

Room Tip: I had the cheapest room, no sea view but i had view to the Animal shows for free
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We took 4 Aqua Rooms in this hotel after my daughter's baptism. My husband and I together with our daughter checked-in late. Because we had baggages and stuffs of our daughter, we opted to have their valet service. Everything went fine until its time for us to check-out, they are looking for a white stub to get our car, in the first place, they never gave us that when we arrived. It took around 30-40mins until they had our car be brought to us, and we have a 3month old child with us! What a hassle! I also requested the front desk for a late check-out, they agreed 12:30nn for our 4 rooms. Its only 11am and they keep bugging us that we should check out at 12nn. It irriitates me because we had 3 calls just to remind the check out at 12nn. The pool is also not child friendly. We have to carry the stroller going in and going out of the pool area.

• Stayed March 2012
afghanistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I recently stayed in the hotelH2O in manila philippines on my way to s. leyte. My room was very comfortable and i had a view of the water park where there was a fountain show with fireworks. Some rooms even have a wall that is all fish tanks and you can have a view of manila bay as well. There is shopping and restaurants and a club called liquid for drinks and karyoke and dancing with pools inside the club. I only stayed one night but next time im in the philippines i will stay two or three. It was a comfortable ,friendly place to stay well off the main streets and security is present 24 hours a day. They had arranged to drive me to the airport in the morning as well. I highly recommend trying h2o if you are in manila. Good for children too.

Room Tip: Your choice of the water park or the bay will satisfy you. Some rooms have a wall that is all fish t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We booked a bay view room via the Hotel's reservation page. Their hotel lobby which is at the third level of the building is spacious. There is a 2000Php fee which the front desk will return to you after your stay. The hallway to our room, though dark, has a certain ambiance to it, as if you are entering a movie theatre. Upon entering our room, we saw the view we are after. If there are kids playing by the hallway you'll hear them so I'm not sure about the soundproofing of their door or its assembly. We love the room's lighting. I'm not sure if the air conditioning has its own remote since we did not bother to ask. We just walked to the door and control it from there. There is no bidet in the toilet but the stone finishes and glass partitions are lovely. There is a little smell coming from the toilet/shower drain. It's probably because they dried up already. I failed to use their wifi though there is an instruction from the control/command center on how to access it. I'm unsure about the transparency of the glass wall but if you're to self conscious you will not enjoy the room since looking to other windows through that wall, you can see the other areas curtains. Standing close to the glass wall, you can see the level below which is an access to Makanmakan (I love their buffet breakfast) and other visitors of the Ocean Park.

Nothing beats the view of the Bay except from the floating garbage that was probably brought in by the noon tide. The huge pool is not heated and some areas of it seem discolored. I like it that the chlorine of that pool is not as strong as other pools I have tried. Connected to the pool is the Liquid Bar where people come to drink and groove in their two piece bikinis, etc.

We booked our room 14 days ahead to avail of their discounted rates.

Room Tip: View the hotel's website for better room selection.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The hotel did not disappoint me and my family. Spent one night to celebrate my daughter's birthday. It is a new hotel. Made it a point to get the aqua room which is its main attraction. It was indeed a sweet night full of fishes. The hotel service is superb, staff are well trained. Facilities, gym, room are classy.

Buffet breakfast at Makan Makan is comparable to other big hotels, mostly Asian foods. Just that the orange juice disappointed me because it is not fresh, just diluted from a concentrate. The view of the Manila Bay is excellent.

Over all stay is very good!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Went there for Valentine`s day, and were upgraded from a basic aquarium room to the next level up. The room has no windows, and instead has two aquaria, covering a rather large surface area, though thin. In them, large numbers of jelly fish were swimming, in a circular pattern due to a slight current. Subtle neon lighting shifted from one colour to the next, being reflected eerily by the jellyfish. It was really mesmerizing, not at all as kitsch as it may sound.

The room had a king size bed, everything was dark but stylish, huge flat-screen TV, modern bathroom with big rain-effect shower, and a stand-alone bath outside the bathroom area, rather cool.

We did not try the restaurant, service was rather slow and frustrating at both check-in and check-out, but nevertheless, it was an experience worth having.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple