“Ok for an overnight stay...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Manila, Philippines
“Ok for an overnight stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Booked directly with the hotel, got the room only rate for just P2,525 for a Park View Room. The hotel itself shares the same entrance as the Manila Ocean Park and you have to take an elevator ride to the 3rd floor for check-in.

I cannot fault the service and everyone are friendly and courteous. The room itself is also clean and modern, the bed and pillows are comfortable. The free snacks from the minibar are much appreciated, and the free shopping bag inside the cabinet is a nice touch.

The only thing that is a real turn-off is the layout of the room. Frosted glass CR directly faces the bed and is embarrassing to use in the presence of others. That's my only complaint as compared to the many great features and services provided by the hotel, but it is one aspect that is very hard to overlook.

Room Tip: If you are not keen on having an aquarium room, the Parkview Room is great value for money. You can...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed two nights in a Bayview room. The rooms are very nice and modern. The Hotel is located inside of the Ocean Park Center, so a very busy place with a lot of visitors. From 6am to 1am they playing loud music in the moonshine bar. So if you got a Bayview room in front of that bar, it's gonna be very noisy. You just got 5 hours of quiet sleep each night. The breakfast is excellent! The Hotel is located close to the Rizal Park and Intramuros, good to explore Manila.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

there are two vehicular entrances namely north and south gates. parking for hotel guests is at the north wing; however, a mix of tour buses, trailers, coasters, delivery trucks go in and out of both gates. the flooring is not exactly levelled, its a combination of concrete, asphalt, gravel and sand with puddles of water, cracks and potholes. a security guard and cashier is posted at the entrance, but the public can enter freely via the "children's playground" located just beside north gate. Kibitzers, homeless, suspicious looking characters abound this area. a separate security guard is assigned at the makeshift construction materials depository.
At the valet/baggage reception area, guests are assisted with their baggage. This is necessary due to the leaking roof, stairways, bridgeway and ramp guests need to walk thru to get to the hotel reception, together with the waves of people going to the oceanarium. I'm not talking about droplets or buckets when it rains; volume is more of a waterfalls type. male/female security guards assigned at the oceanarium/hotel entrance. then at the hotel entrance, theres another security guard in "barong". upon check-in at the 3rd level there's another security guard. Our room is at 2nd level, yes theres another security guard in "barong".
Witnessing the manila bay sunset is a must do. The hotel's whitemoon bar is fabulous. However, construction workers killing time, unfinished construction materials scattered left and right, and kibitzers in sandos, slippers and shorts (obviously not hotel guests nor oceanarium visitor) spoil this rather exclusive development. Oh, just don't look down at the water cause trash is stil visible.
In the morning, its great to use their olympic size pool. Nonetheless, spoilers are there to ruin your swim. Imagine, guests are required to wear trunks and swimsuits but there are some wearing shirts, basketball shorts, bra and panty/shirt (female) and baseball caps. In particular, 4 youngsters/punks are allegedly walk-in guests who paid PHP 150/head according to pool attendants Julius and Marie. The two guys even accompanied their girlfriends to the female shower, to the shock of female hotel guests. In the male locker/shower room, suppliers, hotel utility and whoever use the shower facilities. The locker area is so large that some were made into makeshift storerooms. No soap or shampoo, no enclosure for showers and broken clothes hangers. An exit gate near the sundeck is left open, people go in and out- guards, lifeguards, workers, even PNP marshalls.
Don't get me wrong, the hotel rooms are great. Floor to ceiling windows, blackout curtains, lcd tv, ref, workdesk, rainshower, comfy beds, even complimentary snacks and soda. But all this goes to waste when there is no exclusivity to the hotel property. And that starts from the main entrance, there should be no side entrances. Tons of security guards, even PNP marshalls don't make a guest feel secure when you know practically anyone can enter the main gate. Whats stopping them from entering your floor? Or even your room?
Also, hotel rules must be observed by all inside hotel premises; not the hotel observing public park rules. Even luneta park and manila bay is sticter in enforcing rules nowadays.

Taytay Rizal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We enjoyed our overnight stay at the hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary which we usually celebrate out of the country. The hotel is clean and the staff were friendly and accommodating. The room is spacious and so relaxing especially the sight of the fishes in the aquarium which serves as one of the walls in the room since we stayed in the Aqua room. We also enjoyed the hotbed at the zenyu eco spa which they claim as one of the unique features of the hotel. Being hypertensive, I usually experience palpitation after a few minutes in sauna but not with the spa's hotbed which lasted for around 30 minutes. Dining is also not a problem as there are restaurants within the hotel. The glass-walled toilet, however might bother guests who are not couple, for lack of privacy. Our stay in the hotel was almost perfect except for some lapses on informing us right away that our car, parked at the hotel's parking lot, had it's headlight left on overnight, causing the car's battery to be discharged. In fairness, the hotel's staff were quick in helping us when we informed them about it. However, a better system on informing guests regarding concerns about their parked vehicles would have spared us of the stress. The ongoing construction in the vicinity is an eyesore; but once inside the hotel, this will not be a bother anymore. Overall, it was a relaxing stay at a unique hotel. I will definitely go back and recommend the hotel to friends especially those with small children.

Room Tip: Aqua Room is highly recommended for guests with children
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed in this little, yet cozy & spotless hotel in Manila Ocean park as our anniversary treat for our parents. We had a nice time with the place, since it has so many attractions on just a few steps away from your room, the room itself is very nice. We booked 2 club aqua rooms with its unique "Aquarium themed" rooms. It feels so calm & relaxing to lie down & just watch those fish, wandering around their aqua home. The room is very clean & they give complimentary snacks & beverages. All the staff are pleasant & accommodating, so easy to talk to & very attentive to requests & complaints...yes "complaints"..we just had a few, but the Manager personally visited us in our room to address it & listen to what we have to say..They gave us fruit platter after dinner & just can't say anything bad against this hotel, quite expensive esp. their suites & bay rooms, t'was worth it though, maybe next time, we'll try the bay room, where you can have a full view of the Manila bay in your very own room. My parents did enjoy the trip, & the food is little average but very affordable, buffet breakfast is not bad & the waiters are always very attentive. Attractions are just minutes away, so convenient for hotel guests...over all our weekend getaway was superb & worth every cent you spent, just not so pleased with the huge crowd you have to bear as you tour the oceanarium park, it was a Saturday afternoon, and t'was a bad idea to tour around that time when we could have done that on the following day instead, when not much people are there. There were like 6 different schools altogether on tour, so just imagine the chaos, plus the rest of the tourists, other group tours then us...my God! it seems like we can't even move our arms as we walk through the Oceanarium...so travelers, plan your visit in this park on weekdays early morning so you can also get good pictures, and could really appreciate the park.
I just want to share my bad experience with the hotel's marketing arm - Hotel Concepts. I talked to someone from their team to inquire about their club membership, and instantly got interested to be part of the club. I didn't know that they are not part of the hotel's management but a different business that handles the marketing div of the hotel, which I have only known just the day before of our "planned" stay. It was 2 weeks of planning & I asked the hotel concept's staff if they do accept CC for payment, I was not really used to giving out cc details over the phone, but since I was so interested with the privileges, I impulsively paid the membership fee of Php 7,777.00 through CC. She (Nikki/Nicola) Promised me she'd send the package along with the membership card the following week. I asked her to email me confirmation of my hotel bookings & proof of payment as she was going to debit it from my CC. 5 days after the package did arrive & I call her everyday to follow up if she was able to debit the payment so I can check the bank provider, they (the Hotel concept) just keep telling me they have problems/issues with BDO, regarding their validation machine and that they cannot debit payment as of yet, I got very worried because we dont want to have trouble and hassle on our weekend vacation in H2O hotel, so I called H2O to confirm of our booking, they said we have confirmed rooms, so I made reservations to other restaurants nearby where we can have our dinner & some other things to do in Manila. Then came Friday, just a day before our trip, I called again the Hotel concept, unknowingly, they're not really part of the hotel's management & they are asking us to pay the membership fee in cash, otherwise we will be paying the room's regular rate.."what a catch!" right before I decided to get the membership they made sure they do accept credit card payment and now bec of their system issues with their bank partners or I don't know..they're pressuring us to pay 7k +++ in cash, and even told us to just cancel our bookings (with just 1 day to do it, not to mention it was a surprise gift for our parents which we made them prepared & look forward to it), The Hotel concept's Manager was the one who finally talked to us (me & my husband). and explained the situation, unprofessionally she gave us a remark "kung disappointed kayo, disappointed din kami, ang dami din naming pending sales bec of the system issue" (with a high note & didn't really mind to tone down) we were very surprised with this attitude of them, so unbecoming of a "manager" could she be, raising her voice on my husband & not even apologizing...just bec we can't pay the membership in cash, which, by the way, they want us to pay to some stranger, they termed as "messenger", What they want us to do is to meet this stranger "messenger" give our contact number, and contact each other once we arrived at the hotel (like we're phone pals or something going to meet for the first time) in the hotel lobby, ang give the cash to him..Is that how you'd represent a prestigious hotel name, just have someone unknowingly, meet the hotel guests & entrust their cash to them..Oh my??? The Hotel Management should take note of that because this Hotel concept is really dragging their good name down, due to their lack of professionalism & managing skills. What's worse, A reservation officer (Ms. Ghie Roa) called us asking for confirmation of cancelled bookings, which apparently, the Hotel Concept did on our behalf, without even our knowledge!!!! Imagine, They (Hotel Concept) cancelled our reservation without even informing us!! Good thing, she called us first before proceeding to cancellation, We don't want to cancel our bookings with this hotel, how could we, when we only have few hours to look for another option, everything was all set, with our parents looking forward to it, and it was "Oh my God! Friday night already", what are they up to??!! (this stupid Hotel Concept's people), It wasn't even our fault they had problems with their payment system, it's not ours to deal with, I gave them my CC details entrusted it to the over the phone, 2 weeks before the booked date, which I don't usually do, but bec of "Hotel H2O's good name" I entrusted it to them, we have good credit standing, and just day before, they would ruin everything?! It was a good thing Ms. Ghie Roa of Hotel H2O, helped us resolved everything, she became a mediator bet us (the hotel's guests) & their marketing arm (Hotel Concept), We paid the membership fee through CC upon checking in the following day, with our excited parents, clueless of the hassle we've had with the club membership's scheme. We want to be a member so we could take advantage of its privileges of paying half the price of their room rates plus other perks, but the Hotel concept's suggesting us to just proceed with the booking, paying the regular rate, is really not a good idea---really "Unprofessional" and really making a mess on the hotel's good name! Good thing we learned that they are a different management, otherwise, we'd think Hotel H2O has a lousy management as this hotel concept appeared to be! Our special gratitude to Ms. Ghie Roa for the effort (it wasn't her job though, yet still she went extra mile just to assist us, was even the one who got our membership card which was not in the package when we received it days before our trip), I gave her a simple token of appreciation when we checked in, & the Duty Manager (forgot her name) who visited us in our room, to take note of our concerns and who gave her sincerest apologies, which we deserved and didn't achieve from those prideful staff of Hotel Concept...They should fix this kind of management, and this is just to warn the people also who are avid traveler's like us, to make sure of what they're getting into, before they really decide paying, and maybe a lesson for us not to really entrust credit card payments over the phone. W e have been to many hotels all over the world, I can say Hotel H2O has the nicest staff, regardless of the concerns we had, they are courteous and really attentive, anyone there greets with a smile.

Room Tip: Aqua Room & bay rooms esp the suites
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Having had a stressful week at work, me and my girlfriend stayed at Hotel H2O for the weekend. We booked earlier and was able to get a discounted rate for their Bayview Room. It included a choice of either entrance to Manila Ocean Park or their Zenyo eco spa.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staffs. Customer service was impeccable. We did not encounter a single staff who did not have a smile on his/her face. We were able to check in in less than 10 minutes.

Our room had a full glass window fronting the Manila Bay. Downside of it (for some) was that when you look out, you would actually see an on-going construction. Didn't bother us at all though. Our room had everything we needed. Very comfortable bed with clean sheets and 4 medium-sized pillows. We had flat screen television, mini ref and free Wi-Fi. They had complimentary drinks and chips (1 bag of nuts, 1 small Lays, 2 bottled water, 2 sodas in can). The bathroom was very nice as well. Water from the shower fell like rain, it was placed directly above you.

Another thing some people might not like is that if you're checked-in at the hotel, there really isn't much to do. Yes, it had a gym, a spa, and a bar but that was it, although I have to reiterate that we were there to relax so we didn't mind it at all. We were contented sleeping at the comfy bed, walking around the shops at the ocean park and eating our food that we had had delivered (take note: there's no corkage fee).

Another thing that you should try when staying here is their Zenyu eco spa. It was very unique. You'll be asked to wear a Yakuta (which they provided) and they'll assist you inside a "hot" (literally) room. I was a bit hesitant at first because I had asthma and a bit claustrophobic and it would be hard for me to breathe inside a hot room, without windows. But surprisingly, I enjoyed the "spa". You just had to lie down on the floor and feel the heat pass through you. It wont burn you. It was similar to a sauna (I haven't been in a sauna, though). It relieved the tension at our back and I could say we really enjoyed it. The staff said that the spa actually emits negative ions that relieves tension and stress.

Our reservation included a free breakfast buffet. Again, service at their resto was amazing. You did not have to ask for your glass to be re-filled, waiters were there to assist you every way they can. As for the food, for me it was basic. The taste was not really exceptional. Except for their breads. It smelled good and it was like freshly baked. We had a lot to choose from. Aside from the bread, they had cereals, rice, omelet, sausage, hotdogs, and whole lot more.

It was a perfect ending for our stressful week. The place deserved a thumbs up and the service a hats off.

I'd definitely go back here (if there's a discounted rate, that is) :)

Here's their published room rates in PHP (we got ours at 50% off) :

Premiere Suite 29,900.00
Executive Suite 39,900.00

Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

last year our company party organizer made a terrible mistake. not looking for a good venue. So we ended up having Manila Ocean Park as our venue. not a good idea.
So lets look at the hotel rooms,
>bed is ok.
>bathroom is very neat, although the see through part is not one of its best qualities.
>they have available slippers for two
>breakfast buffet is great
>cable TV is ok
>im not sure if Wifi is free...
> the aquarium is ok, but I want windows, they make me feel safe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!