“Amazing suite room with wonderful bayview” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Special Offer
Family Trick or Treat!
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Helsinki, Finland
“Amazing suite room with wonderful bayview”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in a suite which had a separate "entertainment" area with a lcd tv and a sofa and bedroom with it´s own lcd. The room also had 2 separate bathrooms - one with rainshower and a separate toilet and another with a separate toilet and a amazing bathtub + rainshower. The bayview was great with huge windows covering almost the full length of the room.

Only problem with the hotel is where it is situated. It is inside a small mall and you have to walk a bit to get there.

Service on the hotel was excellent.

Though when leaving we asked for a taxi and got a reply that there were plenty of taxis outside. When going outside the valet offered only a shuttle service (for 900 pesos to the airport) and said that normal taxis were hard to get in the morning (it was 9 am). We walked a short way by the nearest road and got instantly a taxi which cost us 150 pesos). So don´t go for the extremely overpriced shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Over the weekend, my friends and I finally had the chance to experience the ultimate room experience!

We stayed at hotel H20 in Manila, at the back of Quirino Grandstand and beside the Manila Ocean Park. The 3 of us checked in and our room was called Aqua room, where one side of the wall is an actual aquarium where variety of fish swim back and forth. It was really amazing, make you feel that you are under water. We didn't want to leave our room actually :-) The room was big, enough for the 3 of us (1 king size bed and a cleopatra sofa). The toilet was nice, enough space to shower and walk around. A big LCD tv with cable and complimentary water, chips, softdrinks was awesome!

The room we got was actually an 11,000+ room rate but got it for a 4,000+ rate only because my friend saw the promo at ensogo.com. Part of the promo was hot bed which is at the Zenyu Eco Spa. Since it's only for 2, we just paid 400 pesos additional. The hot bed is a sauna with emitting negative ion or you can choose fish spa instead. There's shower room, they will give you your own locker, robe and slipper.

Upon check in, you will be given welcome drink while waiting for your room to be ready. The waiting area is great. The hotel has a very nice welcome area, I love their interior! Very spacious and the furniture were also tastefully arranged and matched. Wi-fi is free!

The hote staff were very warm and friendly! Ready to assist you when you need something, especially if want someone to take your group's picture :-)

The good thing about the hotel is it's beside the Ocean Park where there's a lot of fish, small and big (like shark!) are on display. You can even try swimming and feeding them for about Php995 each person. The park also offers scuba diving and riding a boat that has glass floor. At night, there's a show that you can watch like where fountain dances with the lights.

No problem for food because there are good restaurants inside the area. Easy access to transportation too!

Overall, this is a great experience! Extremely Satisfied!

Room Tip: Aqua Room is the best if you want a different experience. The park view room is nothing but a normal...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We wanted a vacation so we can unwind but my company would not allow me to take a long leave. That’s why my boyfriend and I chose to stay in a hotel near the city where we can enjoy the sights and have a spa treatment to completely relax. We wouldn’t have been able to find Hotel H20 if it weren’t for Ensogo.com.ph! The hotel is just perfect for all our relaxation needs! We got discount vouchers which gave us more than 60% off and we loved it!

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at Hotel H20's Aqua Room for 3 days/ 2 nights. My husband and I thought the concept of having an aquarium for a wall would be interesting for the kids so we agreed to book a room there. True enough my 2 boys loved it. Their eyes were instantly glued to the colorful fishes inside the aquarium.

The Aqua Room was considerably small but I think it was just right for my family of 4. The bed was able to fit us comfortably and I kind of like the idea of squeezing the kids (a 2-year old and a 4-year old) with us once in a while. We were given complimentary chips and sodas (a standard practice, I guess) which they refill everyday. As for the bathroom, it was very tidy and personally, I find its modern design really nice. (I was with my family though and I don't think I'll be as comfortable if I went there with friends coz the glass wall makes your private activities there not-so private.) There was free wi-fi and the room also has a small safe for safekeeping of valuable items.

The hotel staff are all wonderful APART from this girl at the reception (I just didn't get the name) who was very unwelcoming. Anyway, I did not let her irritating attitude ruin our stay there especially since everyone else was able to provide us excellent customer service all throughout our stay.

We'd definitely recommend Hotel H20 to families or groups who are looking on going to Manila Ocean Park as well. Apart from that though there's not much to see and since the hotel is inside the Manila Ocean Park compound then it's not really that accessible if you're looking on visiting other places in Manila (not unless you're part of a tour which will pick you up from the hotel). The carpark, I believe is quite a walk from the entrance. We had ours valet parked since it was raining when we went there. The cost is Php55 if you're a hotel guest and Php95 if you're not.

Overall, it was really an interesting stay. Will probably go back to try their Jellyfish Room. :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel overall was very nice. Stayed in an aquarium room and everything was nice except the pillows were so big and hard. A call to the front-desk at 2AM with a stiff neck was responded to by informing me that they only have one style of pillow. Spent the next 3 days sleeping on a rolled-up bath towel as a pillow. Disappointing since everything else about the hotel was so nice, even the bed was very comfortable. The walk down the hallways to the rooms were long but the atmosphere was pleasant. My advice if you want to stay at this hotel..... bring your own pillow and you will enjoy it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

First off i have to mention that that staff is exceptional!

Before arriving i asked for assistance to obtain a large number of roses to surprise my fiance who was to be checking into the hotel before me. The staff was very helpful and got me a great deal for the roses through their supplier. Once they received the roses, they set up the room (I will add pictures) and allowed my fiance to check into the room for a complete surprise.

Now as far as the hotel goes, the entrance is a bit odd to find for those not familiar with the area. The room i had was an aquarium room. It didn't contain any windows, but the one wall was entirely an aquarium, so it didn't bother us at all, it was actually peaceful. The shower was an issue though, the drain didnt work that well and the water would flow out of the shower flooding the rest of the bathroom which was almost all completely glass with no door, so those who needed to use the toilet didn't get much privacy. The shower issue was reported to the hotel staff and we were informed they knew of the issue and they had plans to fix the problem in the future.

The downside to the place i would say is the pool. If i remember correctly it closes every day at 5pm because it then becomes part of some sort of water show (I never attended it) kinda underneath were the pool is though, there is a club that could be decent if more people attended it (about a dozen people were there when i went) and they played some decent music.

Overall id recommend the place, its located close to a lot of attractions in Manila, reasonably priced and it has some really nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I disliked this hotel! From the moment of check in to the moment of departure we were not satisfied with H2O!
Our room was very well appointed and comforable, but the air conitioner could not be adjusted from sub-zero and had to be manually switched on and off to control the temperature. These complaints were dealt with promply but not ,sadly, solved.
To the credit of the front desk and staff they did what they could, but in my opinion not enough to bring us back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!