“Aquarium room is cool” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Diamond Package!
Ranked #11 of 103 hotels in Manila
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Aquarium room is cool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The rooms were small but the contemorary idea was good. The toiletries were good quality (shampoo, conditioner, etc) The complimentary mini bar consisted of some soft drinks, chips and nuts. The breakfast buffet was average but you were able to have eggs to order. The location is good but you will do a lot of walking from the taxi to the room. My wife had problems with rudeness from the front desk people. The wifi was complimentary but you had to get a new PW every day. All rooms are non-smoking.

Room Tip: I am happy using Agoda.com for all my hotel bookis
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Antipolo City, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My husband and I are planning to stay here at H2O hotel but I've been reading and hearing several bad reviews regarding the poor customer service and lack of courtesy and manners of the staff of this hotel. But since Ms. Jane Soraya J. Ferrer, the Front Office Manager of H2O hotel gave her email address here so I tried sending her an email inquiry regarding the hotel. I just asked several questions regarding our reservation, and I was hoping she would respond immediately and she would prove us wrong of our impression regarding the poor customer service of this hotel.
But to my dismay, someone named Lara responded, using the email reservation@hotelh2o.com. Here's her exact email:

"Thank you for your e-mail. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me. Thank you - Lara"

After reading my email and going thru the several questions I was asking, this is all I'm gonna get? A response that looks like an auto-generated email, with someone's name without a lastname, and no contact details at all? Is this really the way hotel H2O's staff handle their email inquiries??? Poor hotel, having customer service like this, I'm quite sure that in a few more months or years, no one would ever dare come to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Olongapo, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The water theme is nice and unique. The room design and amenities are good to have but not all are necessary. The space is small to be worth almost 8K. The bathroom is small and poorly designed. (Seriously, did they even think about the shower water flooding the bathroom floor even if the glass door is closed?) The toiletries are no better quality either. Bayview room is another thing. Cheaper but ridiculous design. It has a smaller bathroom and a sink beside the bed. It looks like a freaking dorm room! Again, nice theme, poor design!

Since the room is small, you can hear the slightest sound from the AC. Occasionally, you will hear clicking sounds from the Aquarium. In some ways, it is distracting.

Front desk and staff are friendly and nice but they move too slow and are not hustlers in what they do. I think they are interns.

PArking space is a long walk from the hotel. And you will have to face an obstacle course of moving people wanting to get in Ocean Park.

In conclusion, this hotel is not ready to be rated as five star hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Guam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Awesome 2 days stay with my family. If you don’t have enough time and you want to maximize your vacation with your kids, this is truly a place to stay if you have children traveling with you. My kids loved the Oceanarum, Jellies, and the fish SPA. Once they were tired of having fun it was my wife and I’s turn to relax and take advantage of the SPA and massage at a very reasonable rate.
I do recommend to get in touch with the “Manager of the day” if you have any questions. I noticed that Ms. Jane Ferrer had replied to most post here, so I sent her a quick email stating my plans of staying at H2O, she replied and made some excellent suggestions that made my family’s stay better. Many Thanks to her.
So if you have kids from the ages of 3-15, I’m sure you will be enjoying your stay at H2O.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was in the Philippines for over three weeks and so staying at this hotel the entire trip was a little out of my budget, but I was so intrigued by the Aqua Room I decided to book it for a night. Wow! Everything about the room was wonderful! It was decent-sized, clean, modern, and the aquarium wall was crazy. The accoutrements in the bathroom were top-notch, too.... I can see, though, how some people would get a little "claustrophobic" after being in a room without natural light for awhile, but I loved it. If I were staying there a week, I'd probably book the aqua room for a couple of nights and then a bay view room the rest of the trip.... The view from the hotel's hallways looked amazing...The wifi here was the best I'd had in the entire three weeks I spent in Manila....so fast, I was able to download a full album while hanging out at the bar.....As well, the dining options in the "mall" downstairs are varied and good - try Jerry's Grill and the frozen yogurt shop next door.... The free breakfast buffet was good, too - I definitely got my fill. I also spent the evening watching the sunset over Manila Bay from the White Moon Bar.... It was so beautiful, I almost cried. Maybe it was the gin and tonics I had, but nonetheless, the view was breathtaking....Now, for what they won't tell you - The hotel's entrance / walkway is still under construction, and it also shares and entrance with the Ocean Park theme park, so you basically have to schlep your luggage from their makeshift "lobby" on the street up to the actual entrance, which is inside of this mall/Ocean Park entrance. Oh, and you also have to cross through the entry area to get to the pool, so if you plan on using the pool, maybe bring a robe or change of clothes, so you're not trekking through the amusement park's entrance sopping wet and trailing water... Other than that, I loved the novelty and uniqueness of this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Oh, it's not really located near anything interesting, but you can always catch a cheap cab to wherever you need to go....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
HotelH2O-Manila, Front Office Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 28, 2011

Greetings from the bay !

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel h2o. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our fabulous, fluid, forward looking team. We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Thank you, once again for your kind words.

Be well,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011 via mobile

Just spent an overnight stay here for my kids to watch the Fountain Show without the trouble rushing home.

The service staff are fairly young thus eager to please but without the experience to really answer your needs.

A colleague who also reserved her tickets failed the watch shows on time because the reception sold her tickets to total strangers!

First time we experienced 5 brownouts during dinner! The place is a total cave covered in darkness.

These are by any standard, forgivable. There's nothing one can do if there is a power outage. Or somebody mistaken your tickets for someone else's.

My problem, and basic concern is the honesty of the crew.

We requested for a late check out, which we usually do, but were not given because 'a lot of guests are coming in because it's weekend'. Fine. This is no Shangri-la, where I always get, and of record 100%, late chexk out.

We need to pack urgently then because we kind of hope it is okay since we stayed at their Premier Suite. I forgot my videocam charger. Only at home we did noticed that it was not there.

I called in the 3rd floor reception to notify them and check, which took them 45 minutes to return my call, officially. All of the 3 conversations I had, i dialled their numbers to check if they find any.

After a number of very confusing conversations with Aldrich, Leonard and Arnold, they say they (housekeeping) found nothing.

So I asked, is somebody already occupying the room? The lady, who called me and break the bad news, said there is no one.

I politely said goodbye before I can say something we both gonna regret.

• Stayed May 2011
HotelH2O-Manila, Front Office Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Greetings from the bay !
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us improve on our services more. These will be shared with the concerned departments so that corrective actions will be undertaken.
We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay. My e-mail address is j.ferrer@hotelh2o.com, kindly e-mail back so we can personally discuss your concerns.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

The 1st floor is a mall, which is where the oceanarium is.
The 2nd floor is the restaurant and bar and a few shops.
The 3rd floor is the hotel. The hotel is shaped like an E. The aquarium rooms are in the middle; that's why they don't have a window.
Negatives: They charge 20 pesos per minute to use the business center to go online. That's almost 30 USD per hour. I took city taxi to Robinson's Place and round trip + internet for 1 hour was 210 pesos total; about 5 USD total. The laundry service is outrageous also. They charge 45 pesos per sock ! That's over 1 USD per sock ! The phone fees are outrageous also. I made 3 quick calls home for about 10 minutes each USING MY CALLING CARD and they charged me the equivelant of over 20 USD per call ! Along with about 20 calls to local cell phones, they charged me over 4,500 pesos total ! Over 100 USD ! There were also hidden fees for additional orange juice for breakfast. There's no bathroom door and the bathroom wall around the doorway is clear glass and there's a large mirror outside the doorway. No privacy ! They didn't restock my Coke and bottled water every day.
Positives: The aquarium room was nice and clean. The aquarium was about 13 feet long and about 5 feet tall and connected to the adjacent rooms. The staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast was great. Service was great at breakfast also. The bed was a comfortable queen size. The shower had great water pressure. The room was quiet.

Room Tip: Aquarium rooms have no windows
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the bay !

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!