“Wow. Yay for the Aqua Room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Announcement
Holiday Packages!
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Los Angeles, California
“Wow. Yay for the Aqua Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was in the Philippines for over three weeks and so staying at this hotel the entire trip was a little out of my budget, but I was so intrigued by the Aqua Room I decided to book it for a night. Wow! Everything about the room was wonderful! It was decent-sized, clean, modern, and the aquarium wall was crazy. The accoutrements in the bathroom were top-notch, too.... I can see, though, how some people would get a little "claustrophobic" after being in a room without natural light for awhile, but I loved it. If I were staying there a week, I'd probably book the aqua room for a couple of nights and then a bay view room the rest of the trip.... The view from the hotel's hallways looked amazing...The wifi here was the best I'd had in the entire three weeks I spent in Manila....so fast, I was able to download a full album while hanging out at the bar.....As well, the dining options in the "mall" downstairs are varied and good - try Jerry's Grill and the frozen yogurt shop next door.... The free breakfast buffet was good, too - I definitely got my fill. I also spent the evening watching the sunset over Manila Bay from the White Moon Bar.... It was so beautiful, I almost cried. Maybe it was the gin and tonics I had, but nonetheless, the view was breathtaking....Now, for what they won't tell you - The hotel's entrance / walkway is still under construction, and it also shares and entrance with the Ocean Park theme park, so you basically have to schlep your luggage from their makeshift "lobby" on the street up to the actual entrance, which is inside of this mall/Ocean Park entrance. Oh, and you also have to cross through the entry area to get to the pool, so if you plan on using the pool, maybe bring a robe or change of clothes, so you're not trekking through the amusement park's entrance sopping wet and trailing water... Other than that, I loved the novelty and uniqueness of this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Oh, it's not really located near anything interesting, but you can always catch a cheap cab to wherever you need to go....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
HotelH2O-Manila, Front Office Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 28, 2011

Greetings from the bay !

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel h2o. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our fabulous, fluid, forward looking team. We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Thank you, once again for your kind words.

Be well,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011 via mobile

Just spent an overnight stay here for my kids to watch the Fountain Show without the trouble rushing home.

The service staff are fairly young thus eager to please but without the experience to really answer your needs.

A colleague who also reserved her tickets failed the watch shows on time because the reception sold her tickets to total strangers!

First time we experienced 5 brownouts during dinner! The place is a total cave covered in darkness.

These are by any standard, forgivable. There's nothing one can do if there is a power outage. Or somebody mistaken your tickets for someone else's.

My problem, and basic concern is the honesty of the crew.

We requested for a late check out, which we usually do, but were not given because 'a lot of guests are coming in because it's weekend'. Fine. This is no Shangri-la, where I always get, and of record 100%, late chexk out.

We need to pack urgently then because we kind of hope it is okay since we stayed at their Premier Suite. I forgot my videocam charger. Only at home we did noticed that it was not there.

I called in the 3rd floor reception to notify them and check, which took them 45 minutes to return my call, officially. All of the 3 conversations I had, i dialled their numbers to check if they find any.

After a number of very confusing conversations with Aldrich, Leonard and Arnold, they say they (housekeeping) found nothing.

So I asked, is somebody already occupying the room? The lady, who called me and break the bad news, said there is no one.

I politely said goodbye before I can say something we both gonna regret.

• Stayed May 2011
HotelH2O-Manila, Front Office Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Greetings from the bay !
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us improve on our services more. These will be shared with the concerned departments so that corrective actions will be undertaken.
We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay. My e-mail address is j.ferrer@hotelh2o.com, kindly e-mail back so we can personally discuss your concerns.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

The 1st floor is a mall, which is where the oceanarium is.
The 2nd floor is the restaurant and bar and a few shops.
The 3rd floor is the hotel. The hotel is shaped like an E. The aquarium rooms are in the middle; that's why they don't have a window.
Negatives: They charge 20 pesos per minute to use the business center to go online. That's almost 30 USD per hour. I took city taxi to Robinson's Place and round trip + internet for 1 hour was 210 pesos total; about 5 USD total. The laundry service is outrageous also. They charge 45 pesos per sock ! That's over 1 USD per sock ! The phone fees are outrageous also. I made 3 quick calls home for about 10 minutes each USING MY CALLING CARD and they charged me the equivelant of over 20 USD per call ! Along with about 20 calls to local cell phones, they charged me over 4,500 pesos total ! Over 100 USD ! There were also hidden fees for additional orange juice for breakfast. There's no bathroom door and the bathroom wall around the doorway is clear glass and there's a large mirror outside the doorway. No privacy ! They didn't restock my Coke and bottled water every day.
Positives: The aquarium room was nice and clean. The aquarium was about 13 feet long and about 5 feet tall and connected to the adjacent rooms. The staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast was great. Service was great at breakfast also. The bed was a comfortable queen size. The shower had great water pressure. The room was quiet.

Room Tip: Aquarium rooms have no windows
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the bay !

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at a Parkview Room in the new wing of the hotel. The room is elegantly made and had everything that we needed (including snacks). Amidst, the bustling in the Ocean Park area of the building, the hotel is situated wherein you can have privacy and a peaceful stay. The staff are friendly, polite and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the bay !

Thank you, once again for your kind words.

Thanks and be well,

Jane Ferrer
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Fantastic rooms, impressively designed, roomy and with a living aquarium inside - pity about staff service though; 8 hour wait to get a corkscrew, and 2 hour wait at the outdoor restaurant to get our orders (correctly!) at our table. Still, the rooms are worth the visit here !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the bay !

Your feedback is very much appreciated & valuable to us. Please accept our apology & rest assured that this is not normal to our level of service. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back & to stay with us in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

My partner & I stayed here for 4 days in December 2010, visiting Manila for family & friends. I booked this hotel because of the Ocean Park that my nieces & nephews can explore. I’m a travel consultant from Australia so would like to check this hotel for my clients.
The hotel is new but the glass windows were dirty. On the 2nd day onwards, our key card would expire and we would have to take a long walk back to the reception to get it enabled again. This happened on 5 occasions. I had to really express my displeasure at the reception to have them keep it enabled until the end of our stay. One of the front office staff said “when you put the keycard in your purse/wallet it will damage the black strip & disabled the card”. My partner had just lost it & told off the receptionist that “this is not acceptable”. I have worked in the hotel industry so therefore I know how things work in the reception. The staffs are not trained properly; their customer service is very poor compared to other 4 stars hotel in Manila, Makati etc…. It was so frustrating. This hotel is the worst hotel we’ve ever stayed at. I would not be going back to this hotel and would definitely not recommend this hotel to all my clients.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Valenzuela City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I've been there several times. The hot bed feels so good and relaxing. The service was really good except to the receptionist that I've encountered, if I'm not mistaken her name is JEN M.,to save her more disgrace I decided to just put her initials here because I know she knows who she is. She's not helpful and obviously have not been trained properly. She's so rude. and doesn't pick up very well and doesn't accept mistakes, she pass the blame to others with lousy excuses for her mistakes and she gave me a sullen glance after I asked something about the rates. The receptionist should be hospitable and well trained with good customer relation.
But don't you worry I promised to come back again soon with my family and friends and will bring you a lot of customers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!