“Becarefull with your belongings and your money” 1 of 5 stars

Rosa's Garden Hotel
Save Saved
You added Rosa's Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Rosa's Garden Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 MH Del Pilar St., Ermita, Manila, Luzon, Philippines (Ermita)   |
Ranked #49 of 103 Hotels in Manila
Phuket, Thailand
“Becarefull with your belongings and your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have stayed this hotel for many years. A friend
was joining me a few times and was complaining
that every time he stayed in Rosas Garden he was missing
items. Such expensive sunglasses. Nice branded shirt and
even boxer shorts. I could hardly believe it. Than this year I had my
experience. The hotel rooms have no lockers I was always putting
my cash in my locked bag pack and hidding the key. I went to the bank
and had put 50.000 pesos in a brown envelop. Next day it was only
45.000 pesos. I thought that maybe I made a mistake.

My father came a few days later and changed 1000 euro with me
( 20 times 50 euro). Next morning I discovered that 12 biljets of 50 euro
equal 600 euro were gone. I informed hotel management. They have checked
security cameras and could see who went in my room. We have even informed police.
However nothing happened. We are pretty to sure who is stealing from the cleaning staff.
The staff is staying one floor lower than the guests and can check out the rooms all the time.
We believe some of the staff is working together searching for valuable things from
hotel guests.

It looked like Hotel Management were taking the issues serious but not further actions was taking. The thieves are still working there and I lost 27.000 pesos. My friend lost various valuable branded items. It was my favorite hotel for many years but I am not feeling comfortable in this hotel anymore Let this be a serious warning for everybody who like to stay in this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed normally in the Bayview Park hotel nearby but we wanted to try something different this time. And in shoet it is very comparable. Rooms are basic but good. Bed is ok and once i find the lever for the valve to add waterpressure the shower was good too. There is a bit more noise from outside. Breakfast i cannot comment as we passed on that due to very late arrival. Overall can recommend this hotel. Good value for 2300p. The neighborhood is not recommended for (western) kids. I have been many times in this area because we like to go out at the Cowboy Grill. Never been really bothered to feel unconfortable. If you want to give a kid something buy him noodles at 7-11. Better than to give them money.

• Stayed June 2013
Tacloban, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Traveling for business or pleasure can sometimes be tiring. That is why choice of lodging for your trip can be one of the most important decisions you make. For comfort and value you would be hard pressed to find a better hotel selection than Rosa's Garden. Small size does definitely not mean less quality. On the contrary. This place is a real find. Excellent staff. Clean...well maintained and perfect location. Many food establishments nearby...as well as an excellent on site restaurant. Walking distance to many area sites. Breakfast included with room was delicious and plentiful. This hidden gem is a must for the value conscious traveler wanting the most for their money. Will definitely make this our regular travel stop while in Manila.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Rosas Garden provides a nice location and ambiance for the people wants to stay at Malate area and / or near Roxas Blvd at a moderate budget. The room rates varies from 2000 to 4000 peso depending on the standard.

It has a free wifi and all basic amenities. However, it do not have gym or swimming pool. Its a good hotel to stay for a day or two or for a business purpose. Food quality is good and in a reasonable rate. Most important is the communication - taxis are available 24 X 7 in the location.

Room Tip: They offer discounted rates and also discount for the elderly.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

Waaaay better than Bayview! And cheaper too. The room was nice and simple, and didn't smell like cigarette smoke. The ChopSuey was good too!

Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosa's Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!