“Average food with nice performance” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Average food with nice performance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My tourist driver suggested this place for us, it was less than 5 minutes walk from my hotel.
The nightly stage performance starts at 8pm, it is recommended to reserve a table ahead so you get a good view
The food is quite average but the show is quite interesting

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Epernay, France
“Great show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

First time to visit, great show!! Stayed for the entire performance (1 hour )! Performers did a great job, good fun. Food was a bit disappointing, Grilled shrimp came fried. Shrimp, Pansit Canton & Chop Suey were all oily with an odd taste. Mango juice & shake were good. Service was good & friendly; didn't mention about odd oil.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Japan
“Wish they had more honest staff..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Place is close to Robinson's Place Mall in Manila, traffic is awful and parking is a limited. Got a good deal from MEtrodeal and brought Japanese family members for their first time in Manila to experience the culture. The show was commendable and the Filipino food was way better than the other restaurant that offered a dinner and show combo in Intramuros but the ambience over there is way classier. It would have been a good experience if not for my daughter leaving her favorite stuff toy on her seat because she feel asleep. And having left it there, I thought they would have returned it to us when we asked about it. The thing is, the fluffy purple animal had Japanese money inside but we made it clear that we don't care about the amount being gone, only that the stuffed toy be returned to my sad little girl who would forever remember her trip to Manila as the time she lost her best friend. I guess they were too embarrassed to admit to anything, they even refused to reply to my messages. We sat close to the bar, and the seats were positioned as to no other customers can possibly have passed by there as it was closer to the staff room and dancers' entrance. I was embarrassed to explain to my Japanese family that in the Philippines , unattended things are hardly ever returned to their owners especially if there's cash involved. Something that never happens in Japan, I must say. Other than the trauma to my daughter, Zamboanga restaurant is a place to experience Philippine culture, even the not so nice ones.

Visited January 2014
Bacolod City
“Worthwhile Performance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

To those who do not appreciate the talent and skills of the performers, I am deeply sorry for you. I have lived in the Philippines but have also seen countless performances of Filipinos worldwide and Zamboanga's cultural dancers are a troupe to be reckoned with.
My foreign guests who have many Filipino friends enjoyed the show tremendously. Food quality however could be improved. Yes one more time for Zamboanga restaurant. Promote it better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waldorf, Maryland
“Fantastic Staff and Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been to the Zamboanga many times since 1995. Each time was a treat with the show and the meal. My most recent visit was the most memorable. I am courting a very special lady who never celebrated her birthday. I planned a night out for her with her son, daughter-in-law, grandchild and two of her closest friends. I knew the Cultural Dance Show would impress them and they would very much enjoy the selection and quality of the meals. I contacted the reservations manager who assured me that he would give us the middle table on the upper tier which gave us an unobstructed view of the stage. I asked him to order a birthday cake for my friend and to bring it to our table when I gave the wait-staff the signal.

I could not have been more pleased with the way the evening turned out. The wait-staff were extremely attentive to our table. They had been briefed about the special birthday celebration. When I gave them the signal, the entire restaurant staff came and sang Happy Birthday to my friend and many of the patrons joined in. The announcer for the show announced the birthday to the entire restaurant. At the conclusion of the show, the dancers go into the crowd to get patrons to come onstage and dance what is called Tinikling. A dancer came and got my friend and she participated along with other patrons onstage. She was also chosen along with a male patron to dance together when everyone was finished.

The Zamboanga staff gave my friend a birthday she will never forget. And, I will never forget what they did for us. I will continue taking family and friends to the Zamboanga.

• Visited July 2013