“Still my favourite Thai place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 790 Restaurants in Manila
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Still my favourite Thai place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I like to keep going back to restaurants I love and tend to try newer restaurants when hype has mellowed down- maybe I'm old fashioned like that :)

I still ordered my usual favorites. Same great quality, same perfect ambiance & service.

Look at how my rice was served!

Visited April 2014

Manila, Philippines
“Aroy mak mak (very delicious)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had a late lunch here a few months back with family and friends. We had the restaurant all to ourselves as it was quite late for lunch already. The restaurant decor and menu are all authentically Thai, they even have a resident restaurant manager who is Thai. We ordered the traditional favorites and we were not disappointed as well as it was very, very delicious. Although it is a bit pricey, due to its location within the Dusit Thani Manila Hotel, it is good value for money. Great for family meals and business entertainment.

Visited October 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
“Excellent in many ways!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant is conveniently located inside Dusit Thani Manila. This is where I had my first Papadum and other 'out of my radar' dishes. The resto offers a wide range of authentic and absolutely delicious Thai foods, but you can still have other dishes if you want. Like their 'pampabatang' Filipino section. Love for Benjarong!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Authentic Thai taste served tastefully”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We are glad we chose Benjarong Royal Thai Restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews. It was close to our hotel, the Intercontinental, and we calculated that a Thai hotel (the Dusit Thani) would have to provide a good Thai restaurant. The restaurant is well laid-out and pleasantly decorated. We have been disappointed by many Thai restaurants, but definitely not by Benjcharong. Benjarong ( เบญจรงค์--"five colors" in Thai) porcelain is a hand-painted style dating back to the Ming Dynasty using between 3 and 8 colors, The plates and dishes are quite beautiful matching ceramics with benjarong (presumably hand-painted) patterns. We felt that our table was reasonably private, although we felt it was a bit chilly (like all restaurant tables in Manila). The rice grains were smaller and thinner than what I would expect from a hawm malee or similar grade of Thai rice. The menu gives confidence because it is written in both English and Thai, and all of the dishes on the menu are familiar Thai dishes. The fresh mango drink was especially delicious. It was mixed with crushed ice, and the mango aftertaste was so good that we wanted it to linger forever. We had green curry with chicken. It was not the best we have had, (we prefer a curry sauce that is more viscous) but it certainly was delicious. The mango and sticky rice was delicious, but the sticky rice was more sticky than we had ever seen before. The stickiness did not detract from its flavor, and the mango was sweet and juicy. We feel that Benjarong Royal Thai Restaurant offers very good Thai food for a reasonable price and delightful surroundings..

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice atmosphere, delicious Thai food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Located inside the Dusit Thani Hotel. We were surprised they weren't busy for dinner but that didn't mean the food was not good. The atmosphere was cozy, service was good and the food was delicious. The fried seabass in tamarand sauce was my favorite! We also had the thin yellow curry with chicken and the hot prawn soup. We were not disappointed. I would love to go here again next time I am in Manila.

• Visited February 2014