“Value for your cash” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oasis Paco Park Hotel

You added The Oasis Paco Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1032-34 Belen Street, Paco, Manila, Luzon 1007, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Manila
singapore
“Value for your cash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the hotel is really worth the money they charge you, about 2000 pesos per night, it has got a swimming pool which is quite good, a small bar, a good restaurant,
About the rooms, it's very good, , very clean, quite big, (well, at least for the amount they charge for the rooms) the staffs are quite friendly, which is very very good, they don't have the'I don't care' attitude' , which is really very good,secondly, the staffs in the front desk really try their very best to get the problems solved as much as they can,if we run into any, ,thirdly, , when I booked this hotel, I wss informed that it's a 2* hotel only, well, it should be wrong, cos from my point of view, I'll give it at least 3and half stars,
And now for the cons,
DO NOT TRY to get rooms on the first level, all the rooms in the first level got no windows! !!
Secondly, very important, all the rooms are non smoking rooms, if you're a smoker, you'll hate them to the core; if you're a non smoker, , you'll love this place,but, , there's a table and few chairs in front of the room to smoke,so it should be ok for the smokers, (like me) well, if you insist on smoking inside the room, no.problem, they will fine you a 2000 pesos,
Next, the area, its quite in the centre of manila, but please keep a print out of the address, there are so many hotels that rhymes with the hotel name, and quite important, its overlooking a cemetery,
It cost around 400 to 500 pesos to get to this hotel,
But, overall, I'll say it's value for money

• Stayed February 2013
OasisPacoParkHotel, Manager at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear kazzimspize,

Greetings from the Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

The Management Team would like to thank you for your time in writing a review regarding your stay with us! This is indeed very important to us.

The mission of the team is to be of service to you. We are glad that you felt welcomed.

Thank you very much for commending The Oasis Paco Park Hotel as a 3+ star hotel. It is very much appreciated.

We are hoping to see you again soon and please let us know whenever you plan to come back as we would like to offer a token of appreciation.

Your Oasis Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My first word must be to say thank you to the hotel personnel for their warm welcome I have been given everywhere, staff are very very well manner, well dressed, well communicate and above all very kind! I love the breakfast menu ... soooo delicious! I think the kitchen is one of the well-known restaurant in town. The staff is well train, my call was answered not more than 3 rings and the room service will attend you needs less than five minutes! It is rather strange because back in my homeland, most hotel practice self service. This is so special I suppose. The area is less traffic and because of that it is quite peaceful in comparison to other busy street in Manila. Do not worry convenience store is walking distance, and taxi is available, maybe around RM6-7 not that far actually if one know the direction to go to malls. There are many many wonderful malls in Phillipines. Sincerely I miss my stay here... will come back. Love Goodbye....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
OasisPacoParkHotel, Manager at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Arakan_88,

Greetings from the Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

We would like to thank you for choosing The Oasis Paco Park Hotel as your home here in Manila. We are very much happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.
The mission of the team is to be of service to you. We are glad that you’ve felt the warmth upon your arrival, enjoyed your breakfast and felt that the location is accessible.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently stayed at Oasis Park Hotel twice for a total of 7 nights. I have to say our experience varied based on the 2 rooms we stayed in. After a grueling 17- hour flight, we arrived at the hotel before noon. We received a very friendly welcome from the staff and were promptly shown to our room. We first stayed at room # 314. Although it was a little cramped, it was nicely furnished with a flat screen TV, A/C, small fridge, clean bathroom with plenty of hot water and a nice view of Paco Park. The one drawback was the lack of WIFI signal in the room; we had to go to the main lobby to use our computer. On our second visit, we stayed at room #215 - it was a much bigger room with a separate sitting area and a nice view of Paco Park. The room was also close enough to the main lobby that it got a pretty strong WIFI signal.

The staff were consistently friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. The food at the
popular restaurant was very good, if a bit overpriced. The location of the hotel seemed a bit
dodgy, although we felt safe walking to and from Robinson's shopping mall (about 10-15 mins away) even at night. A better option is to take a cab which are cheap and easy to find almost everywhere. One advise: when getting a cab from the hotel, be sure to ask the front door concierge for a metered cab. On our trip from Manila to Bohol, we were in a hurry to catch a domestic flight at the airport. We made the mistake of getting into a cab that the hotel called for us without insisting that the driver use the meter. The driver charged us a "fixed rate" of 350.00 pesos. On our return trip from the airport back to the hotel, we rode a metered cab and paid 200.00 pesos (including tip).

I would highly recommend Oasis Paco Park hotel to anyone staying near Ermita. Customer service is top notch. The rooms are nicely furnished and spotless (although some of the rooms are definitely nicer than the others).

Room Tip: Pay the extra charge for the deluxe room with a view of Paco Park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Noel C,

Greetings from the Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

We would like to thank you for choosing The Oasis Paco Park Hotel as your home here in Manila. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.

Due to the solid walls, wi-fi signal inside the room is really intermittent. But yes, wi-fi signal in the public areas are very strong. Rest assured that the management is doing its best to resolve the wi-fi signal issue.

The mission of the team is to be of service to you. We are glad that you’ve felt the warmth upon your arrival, enjoyed the room amenities, and felt that the location is accessible. Thank you very much for recommending The Oasis Paco Park Hotel to your network. It is very much appreciated.

We are hoping to see you back soon and please let us know whenever you plan to come back as we would like to offer a token of appreciation.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel Name: Oasis Park Hotel
Location: Manila Philippines - Paco Park Area
Date of Stay: See Below

Caution: This is a partial review based on a visit and check of two rooms. I have yet to stay at the hotel. Comments are based on initial perceptions only.

If you like the review please rate it as "helpful".

Overall Rating 3 out of 5

Location: 2.5
Room Quality: 3.5 (for renovated rooms)
Ambiance: 3.5 for rooms 2.5 for venue
Facilities/Amenities: 3.5
Approach to Service: 3
Usability: Cannot comment yet
Value for Money: 2 at listed rates 3.5 at discounted rates

Summary: Nice Rooms Near small historic park but otherwise not in the greatest area.

Detailed Commentary:

Positioning: Seems to target wide range of locals and tourists.

Mini-rant: I just wished hotels would be more straight-forward about pricing. I had contacted the hotel via e-mail asking for a weekly rate (which they would not offer). I was however told that I could have a "run of the house rate" of superior and deluxe rooms at 2500 peso net per nite and that choice rooms were available. I decided to book elsewhere for a few nights but decided (three days after the e-mail) to visit the adjoining park and check out the hotel in the process. At the hotel I was quoted a rack rate of 4250 - 4750 Pesos net per nite depending on if superior or deluxe -- a ridiculous price -- annoying but "nice try" I guess. I asked for "real rate" and was told I could have a "special rate" of of 3250 or 3500 if I were to book "right now". I then mentioned the e-mail of a few days early and asked about he "Run of house" price of 2500 and was told the offer was only good through Dec 31 --- this despite the fact that the email quote was on Jan 3. I mentioned this and they said something about computer problems, asked for my e-mail so they could check and get back to me and off I went -- a bit annoyed and disappointed and never heard back from them. To be fair, this Hotel, is far from being the only hotel to play these games but it is worth mentioning, in the hopes that some will start being a bit more straightforward about pricing.

Location 2.5
The venue is situated in Manila (Paco area) next to Paco Park --- a small quiet park with a small church and a significant history. The park itself can be covered in its entirety in 15 minutes (it is that small) but many people might want to stay longer considering it is so peaceful in the middle of the grime that dominates this part of manila. It is reputed to be quite popular for wedding photo shoots etc. Unfortunately there is nothing else in the immediate area so you will be reliant on taxis or you can walk about 700 meters to Robinson's Place -- a large shopping mall with busy surroundings. It seemed a safe enough walk during the day but I might not want to chance it at night

Room Quality 3.5/5:
The hotel is only three or four stories and features several classes of rooms. The Hotel has recently modernized. The old -- non-renovated standard rooms (I had viewed 3 years ago) -- are awful -- frankly, dungeon like. The renovated rooms are very presentable, and the deluxe park view rooms were quite impressive. Not having stayed there I cannot comment in detail but the basic impressions I left with: rooms were bright and cheery, bathrooms dated but clean, bed appeared plush and comfortable, newer LCD TV and usual amenities expected in this class of hotel. The superior room faced out over a small non-descript street that did not seem busy. The Deluxe room faced out directly into the park so you had a nice greenery view. The entrances to each room put you on an outdoor walkway that overlooks the pool. There are no lifts however.

Ambiance 2.5/5 for venue 3.5/5 for rooms:
As mentioned above, the renovated rooms themselves were nice -- I would say the superior room was "average" for it's category but the deluxe room was rather impressive. The ambiance of the venue was a bit of a disappointment. The key feature is a swimming pool that is large for this class of hotel. Unfortunately the hotel itself is surrounded by older buildings that are slightly higher so they block the sun and leave the impression that you are in a nice pool but surrounded by a slum. I also noticed several mosquitoes while standing around the pool waiting for the girl to show me the rooms. This is a particular concern as it was only mid afternoon. I also noted that the hotel had free mosquito lotion on a table next to the pool -- a generous offer but also reinforcing the perception that it might have an issue with mosquitoes. Another factor was noise from an adjacent venue. Perhaps it was just bad timing, but on the day I visited there appeared to be some sort of party in a neighboring building with a very loud DJ/MC on a PA system dominating the sounds around the pool.

Facilities and Amenities 3.5/5:

The pool itself was large and looked clean and inviting. There were no lounge chairs/sun decks but several tables and chairs surrounded the pool. There is also free wifi but no fitness center or other amenities. I did not query the TV programming selection. There is also a fairly large restaurant on site focusing on an Italian menu. I only saw the restaurant while it was closed, but was left with the impression that it was designed more with large groups in mind rather than a warm intimate setting.

Approach to Service 3/5:
Well, I already mentioned my concerns over the pricing inconsistencies. Other than that, the staff I encountered seemed friendly enough. Being there for only 20 minutes, I cannot comment further.

Usability: Incomplete
Usability concerns details that may not matter to many people, particularly those that are only staying for a night or two. However, since design and usability are of interest to me, I like to include it anyway. Some hotels maximize space with very intelligent room design while others pay no attention to usability and guest convenience. In this case I cannot comment accurately having not stayed there.

Value for Money 2/5 at asking rates 3.5/5 at discounted rates:
This is always subjective depending on what is important to most people. Given the range of prices I was quoted, I would say the original rates I was quoted by e-mail were a reasonably good value, but otherwise the hotel was over priced considering it's location and immediate surroundings.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
OasisPacoParkHotel, Manager at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Wrldtrvlr-asia,

Greetings from The Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

Thank you very much for the very detailed review.

First of all, we have noted that you did not stay with us which was very unfortunate as you could have appreciated the Oasis and experience the full service.

The rate given to you online was approved by the General Manager and that is the reason why the Front Desk wasn't able to extend you such rate, Oasis is very significant to most of the guests because we are away from the busy Malate-Ermita area. We are in the heart of Manila and so we are very accessible.

Please allow us to reiterate that the Mission of the new Management is to give comfort to our Hotel guests. Our newly refurbished rooms have so far received only positive comments from other guests, which we hope you are willing to experience on your next visit.

We are also not sure what time you've visited Oasis but rest assured that Oasis gets perfect sun for sun bathing. Our restaurant operates from 6 in the morning until 11 in the evening. Yes, we focus on Italian food. We entertain up to 300 diners every weekend. Please also be informed that we are rated no. 1 in TripAdvisor.

We hope these helped clarify things with you. We still hope to welcome you to The Oasis Paco Park Hotel on your next visit to Manila.

Truly yours,
The Oasis Team
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three nights. First night was a late arrival. We booked via Agoda and asked for a pick-up. This somehow didn't came through. Check-in itself was smooth and the room (deluxe) was very big. We had a room (#315) with a window view off Paco Park. There is a big wall around the park but the big trees are growing way over the wall. Looking from the window gives you a little bit of the feeling your not surrounded by only bricks.
The hotel is in a very traffic calmed zone. So you can have a good night sleep.
The staff is really polite and kind, they serve you very well.
The pool was undergoing a renovation and the people tried everything to finish that asap. Unfortunately this is fixed when we leave and the pool will be filled with water the next day.
The restaurant is great! Check the reviews of "My Kitchen by chef Chris".
Definitely a very good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Greetings from the Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

We apologize though for not sending someone to pick you up at the airport, there was a miscommunication with the Reservations Team in regards your flight details. The team thought that you were just advising that you will be checking-in late. We truly apologies. We are glad that you’ve felt the warmth upon your arrival, enjoyed the room and its view.

Thank you very much as well for your comments about My Kitchen by Chef Chris. It is very much appreciated.

We are hoping to see you back soon and please let us know whenever you are planning to come back as we would like to offer a token of appreciation.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Everyone - from the doorman to the Rooms Manager to the waitresses to the cleaners - was genuinely nice and highly attentive and professional. The hotel also had a communal feel about it because of the way it's laid out and based around the central swimming pool. An excellent mid-range hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Aric S,

Greetings from the Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

The Management Team would like to thank you for your time in writing a review regarding your stay with us! It is indeed very important to us!

We would like to thank you for choosing The Oasis Paco Park Hotel as your home here in Manila. We are very happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us. We also can’t forget your comments about our country, the Philippines, being beautiful and family oriented.

We are hoping to see you again soon and please let us know whenever you are planning to come back as we would like to offer a token of appreciation.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The location of the hotel is off the beaten track. This can be good but it is extremely difficult to find decent cabs in Manila who are willing (or know their way) to go there.
The rooms are far from being new and are just ok.
The restaurant is good if you want to eat Italian kind of food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lu L,

Greetings from The Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

Our location is in the heart of Manila and so most find everything accessible. Our location can be easily found via googlemap. Our new rooms receive positive reviews so far and we truly appreciate hearing more comments because it’s our way in improving better.

We are hoping to see you soon and please let us know whenever you are planning to come back as we would like to offer a token of appreciation.

Your Oasis Family

Been to The Oasis Paco Park Hotel? Share your experiences!