“Not worth a penny I paid.” 2 of 5 stars

and up
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From a spectacular marine themed park, Manila Ocean Park has finally evolved into Metro's Holiday Destination where everything is all about Life and Living.An array of exciting attractions, enticing view of the bay, enriching marine life exhibits, entertaining dining and lifestyle shapes to mold into an integrated resort destination. Manila Ocean Park is proud to have a marine-themed park in the country that houses Life of the best of both under and over the sea!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Manila, Philippines
“Not worth a penny I paid.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This place is a total mess! Over priced! It is like an ordinary public zoo/amusement center.

I got a chance to visit a public zoo in Osaka, Japan (Tennoji Park) and i think we only need to pay around 150JPY ( 65pesos) and the place was majestic!

• Arabic first
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
3 attraction reviews
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We visited Manila Ocean Park in the early afternoon and was able to see the aquarium which did have some interesting fish to look at.

The Sea Lion show was somewhat informative and entertaining.

They had a Jellyfish exhibit which was ok. We did not get to see the penguin exhibit and bird show.

The place was a little bit run down and when we left we had a hard time finding a cab that would use meter.

Probably never visit this attraction again now that I've seen it once.

“Just nice...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

It's my 2nd time in MOP and 1st time of hubby, so I was actually excited for him. We got vouchers thru Metrodeal and all is okay. We arrive here at around 9:30am. It's a bit early but better this than stroll along with a large group of loud students on their field trip.

On our voucher, we had oceanarium, fish spa, dry encounter with sting ray, and a liquid buffet. At the ticketing counter, there's a separate line to redeem vouchers purchased online so we were first in that line. However, come 10am the counter for regular tickets was opened and yet the counter for vouchers doesn't even have a personnel yet. I'm hoping all or both counters are ready the moment they open the gates at 10am as the line for vouchers start to pick up. Good thing there's one customer constantly asking a staff when our counter will start as I was about to do it myself. All they said is that they're still getting the tickets inside. They could have done this earlier! Finally, they opened the counter after 10 or 15minutes past 10am.

Oceanarium is still cool. Several thousands of different kinds of fishes are housed in aquariums that I can't tell if it was clean or not. Upstairs, we had a good time in fish spa. There are 2 square pools here. The water is a ruler deep with several hundreds of small fishes in it. It's very ticklish at first but it became tolerable a few minutes after. It's sort of a foot spa wherein they eat away the dead skin of your feet. The staff said it's only for 10minutes but since there's just us and another couple on the other side of the pool, I guess they didn't stop us by extending our time there.

Trails to antarctica was not included in the package but I want hubby to experience "The ice". So we paid a separate entrance fee at quick mix canteen (near fish spa). I told hubby that the last time I went inside 'the ice' I had experienced frost bite which went away after a few hours, however, it's still a not so good feeling wherein I felt itchy all over and my skin was a pinkish-red hue. So we went inside, stayed for a good 5minutes and asked the staff to take a few pictures of us using their camera and we exited the icy cold room. Our pictures were great and we paid for 3good shots of us sitting at the bench with a couple of snowman.

There was a slight rain outside so the outdoor dry encounter with sting ray was postponed and we had to dine at liquid buffet. It was close to noon when we entered the place. Hubby has great expectation specially when it comes to buffet, but that expectation was not met. It was a bit dim and damp here and the food is not so great. It's like a very simple catering at a school canteen. I can't appreciate the interior design if there is one. The walls are concrete, designed to look like the stone inside a waterfall. But I may be wrong. Still, this isn't a good experience at all. Better eat at any available restaurant upstairs than this. We finished eating at around 1pm and we were told the dry encounter with sting ray will resume at 1:30pm. However, we just went home as we're too tired already.

Overall, the attraction is nice. Slightly entertaining but not much to talk about. I hope they improve their services. I hope the moment they say they open at 10am, I hope the staff is ready to accomodate customers with no delay. 3 stars. That's it.

Berlin, Germany
39 attraction reviews
“Funny for Kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you have kids it's funny & much entertainment but for entrance 20 USD is too much. There is a sea lion, penguin & bird show. But it's all not so special. Sorry

Elmhurst
13 attraction reviews
“Not bad but a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Kids love this attraction but when you go in a big group like we did, the costs start soaring quickly. The shows and exhibits are cool. Nothing compared to Seaworld but definitely unique for this part of the world.

Visited October 2013