“Old place, good food, overall worth the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copacabana Apartment - Hotel

You added Copacabana Apartment - Hotel to your Saves list
Copacabana Apartment - Hotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   264 EDSA Extension, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Manila
Pasay, Philippines
“Old place, good food, overall worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel overnight for leisure time.

I booked my room a day prior to my stay using the hotel's website, and the process was fast and seamless.

Chek-in was also a breeze: it took the front desk staff less than five minutes to confirm my booking, make me sign some papers, hand me the room keys, and dispatch me with a bellboy to my room.

I got a one-bedroom suite, which has a separate living room/dining room/kitchen and bedroom (where the bathroom was also located). On the living room was a couch, armchair and coffee table. The dining area was composed of a four-seater table. Over at the kitchen was a refrigerator (which also serves as the mini bar - price of items only a bit higjer than those foundnin convenience stores), an electric hot plate and oven, water heater, cooking utensils, and dinnerware (good for two people; I guess you could request for additional items from housekeeping). Over at the bedroom was a sngle, large bed fronting the sink/dresser/tv stand. There were also two spacious closets inside the bedroom. The suite had a balcony facing the main road (EDSA). On a positive note, the room was spacious, aircon kept room temperature comfortable, and hot and cold water was abundant in supply. The place is showing signs of age though (i.e.paint cracking from some places,distinctsmell of mildew in the cabinet under the kitchen counter and sink) although there are visible attempts from management to renovate some rooms.

I ordered from room service, and while they had a limited selection of dishes, the food was good (I tried breakfast, dinner and snacks) and reasonably priced. It took the kitchen staff about 30 minutes to process a food order, which is acceptable for me.

Chek-out also took about five minutes, the wait attributed to inspection of the room by housekeeping staff for things forgotten and, more importantly, of mini bar items consumed or hotel property missing.

In general, staff were courteous, and appeared to have positive disposition towards guests. Of note, though, was that the security officer did not offer to lend a hand in transferring my luggage from the taxi trunk to the lobby (I had three separate luggage items with me) upon my arrival.

Apart from the hotel's obvious age, the other downside of this hotel is it's location. It is quite far from the nearest convenience store/grocery, so you would have to either buy everything from the hotel, or make purchase your needs outside prior to check-in (I did the latter). Since the hotel is located along a major avenue, rooms located along the front of the hotel would also tend to experience some ambient noise even with all windows closed.

Overall, however, I would say that this place still gives you value for your money. Those looking for better service should opt to stay in other nearby, pricier hotels.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
boracay island, not bora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is in Edsa so very accessible to MOA, Airport and Makati area. For the breakfast, the waiter take the order those just arrived, we are waiting for 15 minutes just to order the breakfast, then additional 30 minutes before the breakfast arrived.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Brilliant staff, room and a superb nights stay. The noise of the traffic was the only downfall, but this is the heart of the city. Shame i had no spare days otherwise i would have stayed for extra nights ..............a well deserver thank you.

Room Tip: I was on tenth floor and it was fine
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Before flying overseas, we decided to stay at this place for a night because we do not want to miss our early flight.

The location is perfect for those who are looking for a convenient and near location to the airport found the place a bit old looking compare to other hotels but nicely maintained.

The staffs were not as bad as I thought. Very accommodating and did their job well.

The room we stayed in was very nice and clean. Simple but you have everything there. The bed and linens were average. It's ok for a night.

Nice shower area and the pressure of the water was good and was able to shower nicely.

In general, this place for me is average.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here again on June 18-21. The only bad thing I can say is that the suite I was in needed ALOT more water pressure. There was next to none and we informed the front desk and nothing was done about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

im from brunei and i went here just to have some rest for a day cause my family there will fetch us up on the other day after.

first i went to deposit about USD10 a week before we go to Manila and yes, the management responded very very fast which is very good for me. we arrived at Ninoy airport around 4am so we took a taxi to copacabana hotel. arrived at the hotel at 4.37am so my fiance did the check and it took like 30 minutes for the management of the hotel to allow us in. they provided us the suites and it was very big, i did satisfy with the room but they did gave me extra charges for the extra single bed and yes, there is no wifi so we have to bought the card, well its worth cause the connection was good. and one little problem, they didnt give any free breakfast. the location was good, near baclaran and near to the mall of asia.

overall, if you want to stay here for shopping and budget hotel, this is it.

enjoy!!

maraming salamat po.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

all i can say is.... front desk staff are terrible... they're discourteous... they don't know the meaning of total customer satisfaction... ok the hotel, in my overall rating is very good... clean and spacious room and comfortable at that... but really the saddest part of my stay is the front desk ladies... they're really mean and should i say bad... I hope the management will have a seminar for their staff specially those front desk ladies... really....

Room Tip: just beware of the front desk ladies... they're really mean...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Copacabana Apartment - Hotel? Share your experiences!