My wife, our 9 years old kid and I spent 1 night in Le Relax Hotel and Restaurant on Mahe Island, before to continue with a 9 nights stay in Le Relax Beach House in La Digue. We arrived by a very small taxi which we ordered via the hotel (it took 3 e-mails to get a confirmation from Le Relax for our transfer request airport-hotel...). Upon arrival, we got the room number 1, which is located just next to the reception, so it can be noisy when people are at the reception or when the phone is ringing, as it seems local staffs are not moving too fast to reply...
We stayed there from 31.03.2015-01.04.2015. We had only 1 day to spend there but were able to use the swimming pool, which was actually very hot and nice to be inside. We also went to the beach located 3-4 minutes by foot from the hotel, as the hotel is located on a higher position than the road passing just below it. The beach was actually very nice and we really enjoyed our time swimming and walking around beach area, so for a short time, it is possible to relax and to enjoy the place. In the evening, we ate at the restaurant, just next to the pool, which was ok. Staff were not in a hurry to work, but this we are used to in Seychelles, no stress, no speed up and not much hurry please... Please be aware also that you will meet/see within the hotel area a lot of animals there, as cats, snails, lizard, moskitos, fly, cockroach, etc.
So to resume our stay, I will say that :
Positive points :
1) View from the balcony of room number 1 was very good.
2) Swimming pool was hot and clean.
3) The beach is very close to the hotel and can be reached by 3-4 minutes walk.
4) Staff friendly.
5) Quiet as not too much rooms.
7) Large choice on the menu card of the restaurant.
Points to be improved :
1) The water coming out from the shower had almost no pressure...
2) No privacy inside room number 1 if your curtains are opened, everybody can see you when passing in front of your room.
3) Bathroom is old style, with curtain for shower, really limit... Must be renovated !
4) Ventilator was very noisy inside the room number 1.
5) Transfer by car by a very small car, because cheaper they said...
6) The room number 1 was very simple, not really being a Deluxe one...
7) To get darkness, only curtains are available inside the room number 1.
8) Hot and cold water are on 2 separated water cock in bathroom !!!
Well, that's it. We will probably not come back to this hotel, but to spend 1-2 nights at correct rate, I think it can be ok, but don't expect too much...
I will soon add some photos to my review so that you can see what I'm talking about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Relax Hotels in Seychelles ...Le Relax Hotels & Restaurant Mahe, Le Beach Resort Praslin and Le Beach house and Self Catering Apartments in La Digue We feel privileged and honored to extend our guest perfect Island hopping facility to explore Mahe, Praslin and La Digue with respective specificities for the niche hotel within Le Relax brand. Our continued up gradation in our products for providing services that exceed guest expectations whilst offering true value for money by offering economical Room/F & B rates and personalized dedicated service of highest standard round the clock. We are a hotel chains within the high-status Seychelles Secret Portfolio launched by the Seychelles Tourism Board to testify the quality of our products and services that we offer all the times. Our achievement exemplifies our sheer hard work/dedication/commitment towards our guest for their pleasant stay .This partnership reflect our desire to collaborate and underscore our commitment with companies that share our vision for going the extra mile. We recently have invested in new facilities such as the Self Catering Apartments and Guest House in La Digue in order to better serve our most valued guest. We are continuously upgrading our brand with latest state-of-the-art in redefining luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Relax Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relax Hotel And Restaurant Seychelles/Mahe Island