“Very Nice Place to Relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Triskell

You added Le Triskell to your Saves list
Le Triskell
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Au Cap, Victoria, Mahe Island 98000, Seychelles   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Victoria B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very Nice Place to Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

spent 2 nights on arrival to Seychelles before heading to Praslin for a sailing trip.
The place is just great, if you're looking for a nice B&B with local flavor and European service quality.
The owner-couple is very accommodating, friendly and cook a great creole.style dinner.

Getting there by your own can be a bit challenging - especially for city slickers - but I considered that as part of the charm.

Can highly recommend it for people who don't look for 5*-comfort but like to have an authentic and family-style vacation. It's like visiting friends ...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
addis ababa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went to Seychelles for work in 2011 and I was looking for an average price accomodation,, only for 3 nights. My friend of kenyan travel agency found this accomodation and I went, and I found out that the ospitality was more than average... not too many rooms, and not located in front of the sea, the food was one of the best I have experienced and the company was also a good one! thanks

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lahti, Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

A round-shaped unique stone castle high on a hill surrounded by tropical garden, fruit bats and different birds… That was just what we wanted. Food was excellent and people extremely friendly. We already miss you all – especially bat-eating lovely Noella. We had a night flight but we were allowed to keep our room till we left to airport. We really appreciated that, Christian.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent 5 nights (14-19 September 2012) in this lovely guest house. It was our honeymoon in Seishelles. And I'm happy that we've chosen this nice place.
I like absolutely everything in this house:
- The design of the house itself in the style of the castle and the marine decoration of the rooms;
- The rooms are well-equipped with all modern new facilities;
- Beautiful tropical garden around the house;
- The convinient location - in the centre of the island, the equal distance to the south and north points, also only 7-10 minutes walk to the beach, shops and bus stop;
- Lovely breakfasts with tropical fruits and of course unforgettable delisious dinners shared with the owners of the house offering local delicacies .
And of course the separate words to the owners - Christian, Sherly and their assistant Noella.
Thank you so much for all that you did for us! Our holidays wouldn't be so nice and succesful if we didn't meet so kind and conscious people as you are. You're the best hotel owners I've ever met! So friendly, caring, nice people! Thank you so much for all your help! I think that the main impression of the holidays consists of the people that you meet and their attitude to you. And only thanks to these nice people we managed to forget about the problems that we had and enjoy every moment of our short holidays on Mahe.
Of course this lovely guest house has many advantages - location, affordable price, good service and delicious food, but I'd recommend this place because of the main advantage that other places may not have - the nice people who own this house.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Le Triskell for a night in February 2012. We were given a delicious fruit drink upon arrival and dealt with the basics of checking in very quickly before heading to the beach for several hours. We then returned and met the very kind and welcoming proprietors.

They showed us around. We asked for dinner in and they prepared it and asked if they'd mind if they joined. We didn't, of course, and we had a really wonderful meal, delicious and with great conversation. Rooms are simple and straight-forward. Rates are reasonable for very pricey Seychelles.

If you arrive with a car, know that the road is extremely steep on the approach to Le Triskell.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Le Triskell is a recently built family home which has been converted into a small (4 room) guest house. The guest rooms are well appointed. The Le Triskell website gives you an accurate picture of what to expect.

Le Triskell is located in the village of Au Cap. It is high on a hill with fantastic views over the sea. Get up early one morning to see the sunrise. You will not forget it. The guest house is close to nice beaches, nightclubs, restaurants and the airport. The capital Victoria is not too far away.

I strongly recommend you eat at Le Triskell in the evenings. The food is delicous. Fish I had never heard of before caught fresh that morning, fresh fruit, losts of wine (at a small extra charge) and warm hospitality. Eating with Shirley and Christian is great. So relaxed, so friendly without being intrusive. You are free to eat alone but don't! You will miss out on a wonderful family experience.

Most of all I would recommend Le Triskell because of the hosts - Christian and Shirley. They were so kind, so gentle, so funny, so helpful they really made my holiday much more enjoyable. Please make us of their expertise. They really know the islands and are delighted to advise and facilitate.

I thank them for their kindness to me. I recommend their guest house to others without reservation.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Largs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from an absolutely wonderful trip to Le Triskell in the Seychelles. The kindness, hospitality and personal treatment received truly made our holiday memorable. In addition, the food was a wonderful creole experience with fresh fruit and fish served daily.
I cannot find one area that we were unhappy with at Le Triskell - even the quirky road to get to the house was quite enjoyable.
For someone like myself who travels a lot through business and normally stays at the Hilton, Marriott etc etc, this was an experience not to be missed.
We would happily recommend Le triskell to anyone who wants a truly memorable experience in the Seychelles.
D.Barbour - Scotland

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Triskell? Share your experiences!