“Always the best !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of huluhlhe airport hotel

huluhlhe airport hotel
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Male
“Always the best !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice location and the service was quite friendly, Champs Bar is the best location to chill in the evening time ..

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As someone who's been a resident of the Maldives, I've visited HIH on many occasions. It is the only place where you can have an alcoholic drink (other than resort islands and tourist boats and liveaboards) which makes it the only choice for some. The pool, with its bar and food service are also big plus points and very popular with visitors and locals.

The rooms are being renovated (they may be finished by now), and they definitely needed updating, they are spacious but the decor was tired pre-refurb. The food is generally very good and varied and the staff in the food outlets are very helpful and friendly.

The big let-down is reception, the staff are very unhelpful, bordering on rude at times and don't show the hotel in the best light at all.

To sum up, if you want a hotel where you can drink alcohol, or with good food and spacious rooms (the only hotel in the region which has them currently) and a nice pool to sit by or swim in, then this will serve you well. It's not a cheap option and don't expect service which matches the prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beausoleil, France
“Comme ci, Comme ca...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

For a short 3 day working holiday, this hotel was suggested to me by one of my colleagues...
What I liked: The view from the bar on top, which allows you to see airplanes taking off and landing (I like that); the swimming pool which is nice and big and I like the scenery on the way to the swimming pool; the ferry to connect to Male, it's always pleasant to navigate on water for me
What I did not like: The room had nothing spectacular about it, just looked like a regular 3 star hotel room, hence overpriced; The breakfast had nothing to remember, quite average; The overall scenery around the hotel, the water was not really turquoise and there seem to be quite a lot of debris in the water.
So all in all, during my next visit to Male, I will choose a different hotel.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Overpriced, dirty, rooms smell stale. You have to keep an eye on your electronics and valuables. I had my Iphone 5 stolen in their gift shop by the guy who worked there named Mohamed. The reception staff would not do anything, they kept talking in their own language and one of them admitted that these type of things happen all the time. The guy kept pushing us to go to local police office for tourists at the airport and report it stolen. We kept wandering why he is so eager to send us off to police and than once we got there we realized that they are working together. Police officer was rude, first pretended that he does not speak English, than told us that he does not know what hotel we are talking about. Note this is the only hotel on this little island. Finally he insinuated we are making up things. My husband finally got me out of the office as he realized its all a scam. It basically ruined our vacation and we were only in transit. If you are able to, avoid this place. Otherwise be very careful and observant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canadian in Paradise
“The ONLY Place For Alcohol!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is just about the only place one can get a beer around here, apart from the occasional Yacht that is moored nearby.

But reasonable prices, and good fun!

Visited August 2013