“Overpriced but bearable for one night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Relax Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Male
Relax Inn Hotel
You added Relax Inn Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ameeru Ahmed Magu, Male   |
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Male
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced but bearable for one night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Try to avoid staying here, it is noisy (a/c and noise from outside), the room had a strange smell but otherwise, it was bearable. Service was so-so, nothing to shout about. For the price we were paying, we did expect a bit more! The only good thing about this place is the convenient location, close to the airport.

We stayed here before our transfer the next morning to Mirihi.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Rooms are OK, with basic equipment, but quite small. A bit over-priced. Even in the deluxe room, the bathroom is tiny. There’s a curtain but nothing else to separate the shower from the rest of the bathroom. When you take a shower, your entire bathroom floor is wet.

The bigger problem is, the hotel receives a lot of Chinese tour groups here every day. They are very noisy. If you happen to be staying next to them, don’t expect quiet night sleep. There’s a restaurant on the 6th floor of the hotel. Food is OK here. But service is very slow. And if you meet a Chinese tour group here, don’t expect to be served at all!

We went to the restaurant that night. There were 3 tables of customer besides us. We had all made our order and were waiting for our food when a group of 30 Chinese tourists came in later. The restaurant’s entire staff were dedicated to them and completely ignored other customers. None of us got served. The Chinese group made so much noise that you feel like in a bazaar! The staff only started to serve us after the Chinese group finished eating and were gone. We ended up waiting for almost an hour before we finally got our food! And when we left, the Russian family who had arrived before us still haven’t got their food. That’s outrageous!

Try to avoid this hotel if you can! There are 2 other hotels right next door.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, choose the "deluxe room". It has better view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Asia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Was in transit for Male for one night before flying to one of the atolls. Location is good, front office friendly staff. Room was ok, no window and very noisy air conditioning, food at the top restaurant was blend without taste and service totally neutral. Wi fi was working good thru the hotel. 3 TV channels including BBC rest was local...

Sure can find better in Male for this price...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

More of an Inn rather than a hotel. Relax Inn is decent place to stay in case you need to spend a night or two in the main city. The rooms are nice and clean although they can be a bit small but considering you're staying in a place where land area is scarce the floor area of the room is adequate enough for your average asian guest. From the moment you step in at the reception you can feel that they aim to please the guest and I always consider that a big plus factor. Since I always tend to eat out whenever I'm in Male, I can't really comment about their restaurant. One tiny thing that I noticed though is that coffee in the room is not available in the minibar and the bottled water isn't complimentary. Minor things that would've probably made my stay even more better than it already is. Wireless internet was free though and not to mention fast so it's all good. This Inn will probably be my go-to Inn whenever I find myself in the city. I just wished it wasn't this expensive to stay in Male.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Male
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Arrived too late in Male to go directly to the resort. Hotel is quite well located. Nothing special to mention except Front Desk team was quite polite and helpfull. Restaurant on the top was empty and in a way sad as well boring...
Not so much TV channels proposed, room as well bathroom was clean and internet thru wifi free.......

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed for 6 nights in total at Hotel Relax Inn. My friend booked our rooms online, and we paid a high price of US$99 for one person and US$121 for two persons for a standard room.

However when we checked-in, we realized that there is no twin room available and they said they can only give us a room with a king size bed. However when we entered the room, it is only a queen size bed in a very tiny room with no view. I felt a bit of claustrophobic over there, and the air-con in that room is very weak.

After having a bad night of sleep as my friend and I are not used to sharing a bed, my friend realized on the next day that we paid a very high price for a standard room and finally managed to request for a free upgrade to a Deluxe Twin Room.

The deluxe room is very nice, which is totally different from the Standard Room. It has stunning views, balcony and sufficient space. I like it and will be comfortable to stay in that room longer.

However on the 5th day, my friend received a call around noon stating that our booking has ended and asked us are we keen to pay for another night. However, we have already paid for the 6th night when we booked the rooms online. So my friend has to bring her lap-top to show them the booking, but they seems puzzled and took a while to agree on it. They also missed the housekeeping for our rooms that day. I wonder is it a careless error or is it a deliberate ploy of some sort since some other reviewers have faced such problems.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed her twice, before and after long flights. The room wasn't clean, dirty carpet, a little musky, etc. The bed was clean and comfortable though. The staff were very friendly and helpful and polite. They went out and bought me bottled water, and there was a problem with the wireless internet, and they refunded all my money for that quickly and without question, cause the service was slow. The restaurant on the 6th floor was acceptable, some food quite good. Very friendly service. The air conditioning in the room was fine. THe location is quite amazing, one minute walk to the jetty to/from the airport, which is $1 one way, so no need to stay at the almost $300 per night hotel adjacent to the airport.

I wouldn't stay here longer than 10 hours. I think their "day rate" is for a six hour period, but was very reasonable. Not really other restaurants in the immediate area. A few tiny convenience stores nearby. The location is really the best thing.

Unless you're super picky, you'll be fine here for up to a day.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Relax Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!