This review has been long time pending. We stayed at Ras Fushi for 11 days to celebrate our honeymoon in the month of June. After exhausting search of many resorts we homed on to Centara; this being a new property and wonderful reviews on the Trip Advisor.
Now about the resort:
1. The property being new has a gorgeous new speed boat that whisks you away from airport to island in less than 20 mins.
2. You are greeted with pleasing staff who give you all the info you need about the island and the resort. A welcome drink follows of course.
3. You can walk around the island or can choose to use their complimentary buggy service which is very effective. The island is not very big so you can comfortably roam around and enjoy the whole place.
4. We stayed in both Jacuzzi beach villa and Premium sunset spa water villa for good five nights each. So I can say that the rooms are absolutely neat without any problems. They have been well furnished to all the needs and the architecture is also modern. The air-conditioning works like a charm and I believe this is what many other resorts fail to offer.
5. The resort has three restaurants namely ocean front (all time buffet), La Brezza (Italian cuisine) and Suan Bua (Thai). All restaurants provide very good variety and taste of food. The menu in oceans front keeps changing on the daily basis. Being full board also gets you a daily limit of spending 60$ at the Italian or the Thai restaurant (taxes extra though).
6. There are three bars namely viu, pool side and one at the reception. The choice of liquors is good and I would strongly advice being on full board as you get unlimited drinks and and snacks here throughout the day. They have a specific full board menu which I felt is more than good. The viu bar gives an amazing view being ocean top and has excellent decor. The pool bar has its own charm where you can swim in the infinity pool and enjoy in bar stools submerged inside pool water.
7. The resort also has a variety of activities going on in the mornings and evenings the schedule of which one has to check. There is also an activity centre with Playstation and WII, along with a Foosball table (All complementary).
8. Lastly, the snorkelling experience we had was amazing. There is enough coral around the island and with the complementary snorkelling gear that is issued at arrival, it’s a delight to go take a plunge whenever you want. We were lucky to spot Stingray twice and some were even lucky to spot dolphins. You can also get additional snorkelling gear issued from the activity centre which we felt was better than the standard issue.
Hope this review helps other as we were helped by many. This resort is truly wonderful and a lifetime experience. We will return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives/Male