“"Thoroughly dissapointing....Stinky and crammed"” 1 of 5 stars

Beehive Nalahiya Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Majeedimagu, Male 20274   |
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Male
Chennai
“"Thoroughly dissapointing....Stinky and crammed"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

* This is hotel definately did not come any where close to 3 Star standards

* Looks decent from the outside and the website pics, shockingly smelly, nauseating reception area (Thought I would faint)

* Depressing and crammed interiors, bad usage fo colors

* Liliput bathroom / dirty toilet

* Taxi service was good

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We only stayed here one night as we had to take the seaplane to our resort in the morning. The hotel has a nice lobby and seems to be centrally located. Our room was tiny but clean. Breakfast was on the top floor but we could only take cereal as we had to rush out. Our local Maldivian travel agency, Tropical Ocean Holidays, put us up here and said it was the best choice in Male.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Well, after reading through all the comments of others I was expecting the worst, but as we entered to our room it really took me by surprise how clean it was. We were there for 6 days and 5 nights. Our rooms were cleaned every time we went and requested for cleaning, and trust me bed lining and every thing was exceptionally clean and I did get any skin irritations what so ever. Roof-top restaurant staff was exceptionally friendly and help full to us and our stay was very pleasant all in all. Only minus points I would say is that the rooms was small but then again given the size of the island it was the best they could do I guess… We did get fed-up of eating the same thing for breakfast. And not all the front desk staff were that very friendly…

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Having not visited Male' before, and not knowing what hotels there are to stay at, I asked my colleagues to recommend one for me.

I had no expectations, and therefore, wasn't disappointed. The hotel is basically very centrally located - although Male is so small you wouldn't have any badly located hotels to start with.

The room I had was very small - it was not much bigger than my bed, and had space to fit a small wardrobe, and a writing table. If you have long legs, you would perhaps struggle to sit at the table. There's air conditioning, TV, a DVD player with a selection of titles you can get from the reception, as well as wireless internet access.

The rooms are located within an 'apartment' - each floor has 2 apartments - each with 3 rooms - so, if you're renting a room on your own, you'll have to walk through a common area with a kitchenette, and dining area before getting to your own room. The other thing is that the room I had didn't have a double bolt, or a latch, so I end up using the key all the time to lock / unlock the door.

Internet access isn't very fast, and the password changes very often, so you end up calling the reception at least daily to get your new password, which I thought was a little silly.

The bathroom is also very basic - a stand in shower, and a toilet. Strangely enough, there's two showerheads - one for cold water, and another with a heater. Still, it's not really something to complain about.

Breakfast is served at the top floor cafe, and is basic, to say the least - don't expect even an egg station. And if you're in a hurry, you'll be in for a disappointment. Tea, for example, will take between 5-10 minutes just to serve.

Overall, this isn't too bad a hotel, it's very basic, but the plus side is that it is well located. For a business trip, I'd say it isn't too bad.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I ve been there almost a year but still remember what the service there like,the first thing I can say it is very clean hotel great room but small, great staff( no hassel at all for the check in and check out) it is easy to get there too,just tell the taxi driver where you want to go then about 7 mins you reach there.

The entertainment system very good ,very new
The shower is ok for 1 night ,dont think too much
The bed was so comfy,great decoratation worth for the price we paid about 107 usd only for a night in Male, very cheap though if compare to Holiday Inn or somewhereelse

Do not hesitate to book if you are still finding a hotel in Male,this is the place if you mind the budget...go for it

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My stay at this hotel spanned 6 days.

Initially I was pretty daunted by the reviews from this site that the rooms were too small for comfort, but it turned out to be still pretty cosy after all during my stay.

To summarise, the few things which I liked were:

1) Great Service from the Staff
I was wrongly charged for one of the bills at the restaurant on one of the nights when I had coffee, the next day when I returned to the restaurant, the staff actually remembered me and informed me of their mistake and gave me a refund on the excess amount which I have paid for. This speaks volumes of the service level.

2) Roof-top Restaurant
I liked the roof-top restaurant very much as it offered a bird's eye view of Male City and the bustling city life. Not to mention that it was cosy and breezy throughout.

3) Friendly Staff
As I had stayed at a resort on one of the atolls earlier (which left a bad taste in my mouth as they kind of discriminate Asians), I was pleasantly surprised that there were no such concerns here. They treat all visitors and guests with respect and smiles.

In a nutshell. I highly recommend the Nalahiya hotel is you are going to spend some time in Male City.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

The Nalahiya hotel is well located ( not that it matters in Male, which is small but pretty). Rooms are very small, almost claustrophobic, bath very basic. Breakfast served in the top floor was not very fancy, but was adequate. Overall a OK hotel for a short business stay,

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Beehive Nalahiya Hotel? Share your experiences!