“Dirty linings and shower, No maintenance for a long time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pujangga Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Lumpur
Pujangga Homestay
You added Pujangga Homestay to your Saves list
21 Jalan Berangan | Bukit Bintan, Kuala Lumpur 50200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #142 of 274 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Lisbon, Portugal
“Dirty linings and shower, No maintenance for a long time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

You can expect much for the money but clean linings and towels! should be something that every place can provide. It did not happen here.

The room we stayed in had window but is was only pointed to the living room. The room itself was tiny but that is totally fine for the price.

The showers and toilets are a joke and you see ants all over it.

The breakfast consists of bread and cornflakes but is also ok for the price you pay per night.

The only good facts are the nice staff, fair prices for water and beer, free WiFi/ PC access and the location. But I have to agree with the negative reviews from all the previous guests.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Where to begin? The front gate is always locked, so one needs to reach into the bars to unlock it, even during the day. But the neighborhood is perfectly safe. Then take off shoes, but the floor inside seems dirty. Some rooms have no windows, if you complain the staff get snarky about it. The bathrooms are old and dirty. The rooms? Tiny and dark, with a bedspread of questionable cleanliness serving as the top sheet. The included breakfast is a complete joke, don't even waste your time. The neighborhood is full of better value guesthouses with friendlier staff, so keep looking. Unless you enjoy aggravation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Enjoyed this hostel, it served the purpose of accomodating a sleep after a drunk nights out. It's that type of hostel. The location is great, Bukit Bintang is nice for nightlife.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Admittedly, the location is excellent. But other than that, this place is very run down.

We had the double bed near the front. It was infested with mosquitoes. You can easily see 10+ mosquitoes with your naked eye every night. Room was dusty, unkempt, and dirty. Toilets were crawling with huge ants. In addition, we saw couples with "questionable behaviours" hanging around in the lounge everyday, enjoying TV while smoking. We didn't even get to use the lounge at all. I don't know how I survived the 4 nights there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I have stayed at this hostel 4 times when visiting KL and believe me, I have a lot of experience when it comes to hostels...good and very, very bad..! What I love about this one is the location, the atmosphere and the people who works there. I always feel at home, and the price is reasonable. You get what you pay for. It is close to CBD and shopping areas, and you can find really cheap (and good!) food just around the corner. The bus station is not to far away either. Most of all, I feel safe here. And I always meet fellow travellers who can give me advice or share their own experiences. I always think of Pujangga as my hidden secret in KL, but because they have expanded the hostel 3 times at least now I guss I can share the secret. A lot of my friends have stayed there after my recommandation, and they have all been happy with their choice. I hope to come back soon! :)

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Nederland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Didn't sleep at all here. We had a double room on the front. The noise outside kept on going all night, the bed was very small. Shower ad toilet were bad and not clean. Location is great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Of course with the amount we paid,we really don't expect luxury but as a guest house that earns income from the guests staying,we expect that at least they should clean the room (room itself and the bedsheets/pillows) and the restrooms.

When I went there with my husband,was about to cry with what I saw. Should have paid more to go to another hostel or hotel. I even placed my shirt as a cover on the bed because the sheets are so dirty and the pillows are smelly (didn't use them). And the toilets are dirty. Saw someone cleaning them but it's not enough! Was very disgusted and happy to leave.

I like Malaysia. Will comeback for sure but definitely not in pujangga homestay!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Pujangga Homestay? Share your experiences!