“Superb dessert” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Superb dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first time to Moussandra, and I must say, me and my boyfriend made the right choice to celebrate our anniversary here.

Service was excellent. The waitress especially was very helpful. She asked if we were first timers here, and helped to explain how we could place our order. Try the tapas, which were very savoury and much to our liking. We've never tried it before but it sure brought us to seconds.

Try also the mix souvlaka (I think this is how it's spelled). Yumm. I tried the fillet fist, which I think is mediocre. But the highlight of the dinner was the dessert. I came to know that all the other reviewers here also commended on the creme brulee, and yes! It was excellent. The best I've tasted so far! We will definitely come back for the creme brulee.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great service and delicious moussaka!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Good place to go for a quiet ambience (the old location was more special, the publika one is okay) and some really good Mediterranean food! Love their moussaka, which is enough to feed two. The souvlaki is also delicious. As a lover of greek cuisine, i'm impressed! Surprised that every time I dine there it is pretty much empty.. I'm a bit at odds writing this, it feels like sharing a really good secret!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malaysia
“Now in Publika, not KL Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been to the outlet in KL Plaza various times and visited their newly opened outlet in Publika last week. The KL Plaza outlet has closed.

Food is still as tasty as it was. There were 7 adults so portions of tapas had to be doubled. Moussaka and creme brulee are a must!

All in all, with 4 mains (moussaka, sovlaki, paella, pizza) and about 5-6 tapas, creme brulee, 4 beers, 1 glass of sangria, the bill came up to RM400++

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Worth the jam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really really hate the jam in Jalan Bukit Bintang but for the food served here, i don't mind going through it.

The place is not that easy to look for from inside Fahrenheit 88 mall (former KL Plaza), it'll be a lot easier to find from the outside for it's located on a sub-lot. Just go to the side (in between Lot 10 mall) and you'll see the restaurant's signage, though at night the signage doesn't seem to be lit up.

Had their meat tapas, Moussaka and seafood marinara which was superb. I particularly LOVE the garlic shrimp tapas.
Ordered the ravioli & Paella but didn't quite like it. The pasta was overcooked and not sure if Paella's meant to be soggy like that but it was. And their chocolate cake Torta de-chocolate was a bit sweet and dry.
Their creme brulee & tiramisu on the other hand is so creamy and delicious. Didn't feel pasty or sandy like some other places. Overall the food is worth going through the Bukit Bintang jam.

Note:
i was told that they're moving to Solaris Mont Kiara, i think somewhere around late March.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent fresh food and kind staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

It wasn't busy this evening, which surprised me at christmas. The menu offered many choices of Greeq, Italian, Spanish and some other Mediterranean dishes. We had some tapas for starter. The olives were very fresh and well marinated, tzaziki and fried mushrooms were also excellent. The pasta had a good amount of sauce on it and the pizza was also nice. Only the lime juice I didn't really like, as it tasted a little to sweet for me as well as a bit salty (?)
But overall excellent, very fresh food and very nice staff! So, get in de street between Lot10 and Fahrenheit (between the parking decks) and look up.. Location is a little bit hard to notice but it's well worth going off the busy street for this nice restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere