“Wonderful place good food' a plenty, tasty with v.nice ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Nonya
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful place good food' a plenty, tasty with v.nice ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Was at this place with five of my business friends & clients for the Buka Puasa around 6.45pm. The place was so welcoming with staff greeting us with gong beats & the ambiance was superb and it was reall crowded! The welcoming received by our nostrils worked up our appetite even more with the smell of BBQ meat & local food on display...sight, smell & sound! We were seated at the Garden area under a canopy. There was about 6 buffet stations all serving different verities of adventure food. From Kuih, Pasta to Curry Laksa etc... there was so much of food. We broke fast with some local kuih, bubur's & roast lamb' delicious!!!

My guests were very impressed that we stayed until late 10.30pm. There were still plenty of food till 9.45pm & it was really a worth while value for money Buffet. Must recommend to my friends again to drop by this Saturday. Good food, service was excellent & of course the ambiance swept us away!!! Will be here again come Saturday...

• Visited August 2011

Kuala Lumpur
“worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

we group of 10 booked seats at Bora Ombak for buka puasa. There were so many people and we get non smoking area.I kinda like the place with balinese influence.Its like you walk at the garden.anyway...they dont have so much food to serve.Not so many variety.I had my worst experince when they never replenish the food although it wasnt the time for breaking fast yet.

Desser section- walk twice and bread pudding wasnt replenish.it was hard and dry after all.so i only took bubur kacang hijau which actually half cooked.
Bakar-bakar Section- Grilled fish, grilled chicken and roti jala at this section was empty most of the time.and when i asked the chef if they still have roti jala,he was just checking under the table and smiling and informed no.Hoping that they will need sometime to grilled the fish and chickens..i went back to this section but there's almost nothing. Corn bowl was empty and only pasta left.
Main Course section-Mostly ulam (traditional salad),Seafood, and vegetable only. They have prawn at first but then replenish with pak choy. I cannot eat seafood.

on top of this insuffienct food, the waiter present the bill when we only about to buka puasa.i came back from dessert section and saw the bill is already on the table. I told the waiter that we will settle the bill but he insisted.I asked him to get his manager and amnager told em the same thing.he said there were so many people and they want us to settled the bill as per their system.I complaint about the food and he promised to replenish the food within 5 mins.but thats didnt happened.and again the waiter came with the bill.frustrated..i asked for manager again..and this time we attended by different manager.he let us settle the bill later and brought 1 small plate of roti jala.for RM49.50 per person the buffet was not worth it at all.i had 1 small plate of sweet potato tempura, small bowl of bubur kacang that is still hard, dried and burnt bread pudding.its definately not worth it.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur
“very nice...juicy steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

i ate steak...so juicy steak..the moisture and tha taste is so yummy..the ambience is relax and calm..love the staff, very nice and friendly..parking space is good but too near to the sport complex and when there is a sport event the location is a bit crowded.

• Visited September 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Simply heavenly...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Fell in love with this little place at the first sight! How can I not notice those glittering candles ardorning their entrance way, inviting us to explore their mysteries inside...brings out my mood.....aaaah, so romantic. Service were rather laid-back, but who's to complain when u are enjoying yourself.

Ampang, Malaysia
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

One of the best restaurant I've had been. A hang out place for my family and friends. The western food is awesome! Should try the pasta and Steak! :)
Live Band is great and the service there is not bad. Oh! And the Tom Yam there is yummylicious! So far Im happy with Bora Ombak.
Would like to held my daughter's wedding there one day. Such a breathtaking place when at night. I'll be bring my dear hubby there for valentine's.

Haven't tried Bora Asmara yet tho. Will do one day!

• Visited February 2011