“Tasty bites” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
malaysia
“Tasty bites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been a few times to Madam Kwans at The Curve. I like the fried noodles. There is a variety & I like the Soingapore fried koay teow best. The others are delicious too. They are just mouth-watering for those who love Malaysian food.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
MALAYSIA
“LOCAL FOOD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Never tried before but heard it ok, can give a try if you are keen for the local food i.e. nasi lemak

Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friend wanted to try asian food and we thought of going to Mdm Kwan to try the local delicacy. We ordered Nasi Lemak, Satay, beef rendang, dumplings and prata. To my amazed, the food was great and i had an enjoyable dinner over there. They served alot of variety of local food and i think its worth trying.

Visited December 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Madam Kwan's BSC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Love the nasi lemak with fried chicken there. A good choice for lunch if you are at BSC and crave for local food.

Visited December 2012
Perth
“Once was enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were recommended this place by the concierge at the Shangri-La in KL. I was quite concerned as I was looking for casual, authentic Malaysian, not a fine dining experience. I shouldn't have doubted the staff at the Shangri-La as Madam Kwan's meet most of those requirements.

This place is located on the 4th floor of the Petronas Towers shopping complex, we arrived at about 3pm and the restaurant was extremely busy. We waited 25 minutes to get a table for 4.

We wanted to order some satay but were advised that as it is made fresh the wait was going to be around 20 minutes, considering we has already waited 25 minutes for a table we decided to give it a miss. This 20 minute wait applied to all grilled items on the menu which meant our selection of food was quite limited. My wife had the Nasi Lemak and she said it was just okay and I had like a tasting platter which included beef rendang and a couple of other small portions of food. Let's put it this way, I've tasted better rendang. The prices were reasonable and it's a casual diner more than a restaurant.

Personally, I'd be happier eating from a street stall for a fraction of the price and most likely a tastier experience.

• Visited December 2012