“Will Not Go again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Hotel Chinatown

Le Hotel Chinatown
You added Le Hotel Chinatown to your Saves list
Le Hotel Chinatown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37, Jalan Petaling | China Town, Kuala Lumpur 50000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #239 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Will Not Go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010 via mobile

Only plus for this place is heart of Chinatown. Was told by recept My room a superior and Just upgrade. Still see wall painting Peeling, Balling blanket and towel with holes. Terrible experience . Upgrading on level 4 when I left, hope the next guest have gd experience.

• Stayed October 2010

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
ESSEX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

This place is a Disaster!! When we checked in we were greeted by a grumpy unfriendly receptionist, After we had been waiting 20 minutes we were given the keys to our room. When we got to our room there were no towels no tea & coffee making facilities and the bin was still full of rubbish!!! We went back down to the reception and to be fair we were given another room straight away on the top floor. The room this time had everything it should have and was clean with the bonus of a flat screen tv on the wall. Then the problems started. They were working in the corridor doing some kind of maintenance which was very noisy. Then the electric was repeatedly turned off throughout the day and night as they continued to work till 4AM!!!!!!!!! This meant we had no lights in a room with no window, the room was hot as the AC was off more than it was on. We complained to reception who repeatedly told us they would be finished in 1 hour. Overall this is a budget hotel that is very dingy and dated who's staff haven't got a clue!! The only good thing going for it is the location. I would not recommend it to anyone, don't stay here! There are better hotels in chinatown for the same price or a few quid more

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

kolkata
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Although the rooms do have aircons but they are very small and with just basic facility like tv and cramped bathrooms. There is no room service either. This is ok for budget travelers who are out most of the time and only need a place to spend the night. The only advantage of this property is that it is located right in the heart of thriving China town in Petaling street. This place is buzzing all the time with a wide variety of shops selling clothes,shoes,watches,etc which are shoppers delight. The place has an array of restaurants and eataries where you can savor chinese, malay and a whole lot of cuisines. The property is definitely not recommended for families with children.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No room service
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

I checked out of the Replica Inn early on my last day of a solo trip around China and Malaysia. I'd stayed in loads of youth hostels and budget places but this really was worst place I've ever seen - and I've done a fair bit of very low budget travel. I reserved a room because I was in a rush you could book it online easily and I wanted a decent, no frills, budget place to stay on my last night - big mistake.
The website looked fine and professional but don't be fooled. The location is good but the place is DIRTY. At first I hoped that it was just the lobbies, which were scruffy, with food trash all over one of the landings. I hoped that the rooms would be better, given the price, which although budget is certainly not dirt cheap. Unfortunately I was shown into the worst and most depressing room I've ever seen. There were hairs, cleasly not mine and a completely different colour in the sink. the shower was rusty and the lino on the floor was falling apart, the furniture was scratched, with phone numbers! written on the bedside cabinet. To top it all off there were marks and stains on the wall, I dread to think what from! As a plus, the bedding looked clean, although I wasn't going to take the chance, and there were clean towels, the TV looked ok. As a solo female traveller, I didn't feel overly safe in the place as a whole - although that was just based on the vibe of the place.
On the other hand the reception staff were friendly, although they seemed surprised when I asked for a map of the town centre - do tourists not normally stay there?
I really couldn't face staying there and I've got to stress I'm not fussy. I checked into a youth hostel, ten times cleaner and half the price, returning to the Replica at midday and asked for a partial refund as I wasn't going to stay the night but had wanted to find another room first. I asked to speak to the manager, who offered me a different room but refused to refund my 88 RM even in part.
Lesson learned - read reviews, check the room BEFORE you pay and don't believe websites.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Le Hotel Chinatown? Share your experiences!