“OK but could be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur

You added Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur to your Saves list
Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   316 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur 50100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #71 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Ireland
“OK but could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here on two different nights (2 different rooms) The first room I stayed in though small was in good order. The second room I stayed in was not so good. It had a musty smell and I would not have liked to stay for more than the one night. I had no booking so just turned up and got a room so I maybe I paid a little to much, but it seemed reasonable value for downtown KL. Found the restaurant attached a little pricey and the food not great. Good location, but no parking - I had to pay 16MR to park in a car park behind the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed @ Tune Downtown KL twice, each time for a single night, when I was on my way to somewhere else in Malaysia or Asia.
Pros: good clean bed, good water pressure in the shower, cheap room rate, safe in the room
Cons: A/C is chilling you while you feel you cannot breathe without it; bad wifi on my first stay but very good on my second; dubious cleanliness in terms of floors and bathroom; so little space in the single rooms!!
My first room was directly above the cafeteria and was very noisy. However, during my second stay @ Tune KL, I was given a room on the 6th floor that was considerably larger. It was also quiet. One inconvenience though: damp stains all over the ceiling and the walls. I would worry healthwise if I had to sleep there more than one night.

Room Tip: Try and avoid rooms on the second floor above the cafeteria and lobby!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hi There,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent stay at Tune Hotels Downtown Kuala Lumpur

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

We regret that we did not meet the standards you have come to expect from us. I hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Warm Rgds,
De Silva-Customer Care Manager
Genting Highlands, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

A right place to stay while you visit KL (Recomended).
Hotel near KL Monorail Medan Tuanku Station (2mins walk) (to KL Sentral/ Bukit Bintang/ Imbi-KL Times Square) and LRT Sultan Ismail Station (4mins walk).
Walking distance to Masjid Jamek, KL Sogo, Chow Kit, Central Market, Dataran Merdeka, China Town (Petaling Street) etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi There,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our hotel.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our, services and facilities and I know my team will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

As a limited-service hotel brand we focus on high quality basics - a 5-star bed and powerful showers, housed within a clean and secure environment, always located centrally, all at extremely affordable prices.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you.

Sharon- Customer Care Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The place is quite in the middle of downtown. we could reach the monorail just about 5-10mins.
The room is quite average and reasonable based on the prices. What we like most are the hotel is clean and tidy. But some of the rooms are quite small, but we got the corner room where as bigger than usual room :)

The receptionist / staff are very friendly and helpful. You could order taxi to airport from the receptionist as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Tune is a charm for the ones looking for good value for money. We take pride in providing the 3c's ; comfort, cleanliness, and convenience. We want our guests to enjoy our 5 star beds, the soothingly powerful shower.

We have always endeavored to provide the best within our service concept and fulfilling our promise of wonderful slumber experience.

Thank you very much for choosing us and we greatly value your continuous support

Sharon De Silva- Customer Care Manager
Galloway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

considering this is near the centre of KL it really is good value and saves hunting for a hotel with clean white sheets. It does indeed as others have mentioned have a great shower. My only bugbear is the towel as an add on. Like easy jet hotels everything is added on so you can get a package of airconditioning, toiletries and towel for extra. In Dec we didn't need air conditioning. It's true there is not a huge amount of space but we did manage to fit some things under the bed (as no other storage space except for about 2 hangers for clothes)

Room Tip: you may not need the air conditioning as there is an overhead fan but you need to check this out.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 3, 2013

Thanks for the review.

We have adopted a minimalistic approach throughout our hotels worldwide. Providing the basics; bed and shower, Our piece-meal concept requires extra payment for anything that is not an elemental part of a stay.

We are constantly looking for ways to offer great value, and further savings. Guests are given the flexibility to tailor make their stays that's easy on their pockets. The comfort package which comes with 24hrs air conditioning, towel and toiletries kit, is one of our packages offering saving as opposed to purchasing our add ons; individually.

Keeping things clean, comfy and compact helps in regulating affordable pricing, thus, translating them to saving for guests.

Thank you so much for the feedback and we happy to be part of making your stay a worthwhile experience.

See you soon.

Rgds,
Sharon De Silva - Customer Care Manager
Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very cheap and clean hotel. Not for spending time in hotel, but for overnight it is the best you can choose. Rooms are small, but confortable. The bathroom is nice and clean. If you are a backpacker, travelling around the Malaysia, this is really good idea. Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We pride ourselves for offering great service at affordable rates. We have adopted a minimalistic approach throughout our hotels worldwide. Providing the basics; bed and shower, allows the flexibility of keeping our room rates competitive.

It's pleasure to have guests return with great feedback like yours, and we are happy to have made your stay a pleasant one.

Thanks for the review and we hope to remain your favourable option of stay in your future travel.

Sharon- Customer Care Manager
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed her for 5 total nights and can say honestly that the hotel is of questionable value.

Firstly they charge you for EVERYTHING. Tv, Air Conditioning, a towel, Wifi, luggage storage. It all adds up to make this hotel a less than average value.

Aside from the above the rooms need some serious upkeep. Of the two rooms I stayed in, they all need a paint job. Sinks are backed up and toilets don't flush well. The first room smelled really bad. Musty. Bad enough that I went out and bought an air freshener. I checked the air conditioner and the filters were just totally gunked up - looked like they had not been cleaned in months - if ever.

Fixtures are dangling - I went to hang my clothes on the two hanger provided - the fixture fell out of the wall. I had to put it back in.

Room security is very poor. On both rooms the front door security locks didn't work. And one day I came back and found my door open - seems housekeeping was too lazy to make sure my room was secure after cleaning it. I complained to the manager but I have a feeling my complaint didn't go to far. There is an easy to use room safe.

The other quests were very noisy and you can hear noise from the next rooms and people coming and going. When someone closed their door 9 rooms away - you heard it.

I would recommend picking a different hotel based on overall costs and amenities offered and room security.

The do have a laundry room and onsite security officers as well as an onsite quickiemart.

This hotel needs serious upkeep and the lack of maintenance shows everywhere.

Room Tip: Hotel is close to stop #9 on the Monorail and the Sultan Ismial light rail stop.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Tune Hotels Downtown Kuala Lumpur.

All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comment. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed.

This feedback has been channeled to the relevant team for improvements. And we have beefed up efforts to identify areas needing attention.

In any case we apologize sincerely for this unpleasantness marring your stay - thank you once again for highlighting the matter to us for our action.

Regards,
Sharon-Customer Care Manager

Been to Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!