“PRIVACY AMIDST CITY BUSTLE” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Citrus Hotel

You added Citrus Hotel to your Saves list
Citrus Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Jalan Tiong Nam | Off Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur 50350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #132 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kochi (Cochin), India
“PRIVACY AMIDST CITY BUSTLE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Rooms are simple and spacious .Toilets are clean and hygienic. The breakfast menu has variety .
Right place for business and stay with family.
Swimming pool is quite big and well maintained.
More television channel options to suit International visitors

Room Tip: Choose swimming pool side rooms from between 5th -7th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Citrus Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

I thank you for your candid feedback & hope that you had a good time during your stay with us.

At Citrus we endeavor to make our guest's stay a memorable one.

I hope to welcome you back at Citrus Hotel KL in case you happen to visit Malaysia in future.

Manendra Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Blackwood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I cannot believe our travel agent booked us in this hotel. Firstly the website photos definitely do not match this hotel. I am not one to complain about hotels but feel the need to let people know that it is in an unsafe area which our taxi man reminded us and even when we were on the hop on hop off bus tour we noticed we were travelling along the road next to our hotel and decided to get off at the next stop instead of going back in the centre and getting a taxi back. As we went to get off the bus the lady commentator stopped us and told us not to get off there as very unsafe area and when we told her our hotel was there, she looked concerned for us. The hotel door men, bellboys and restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful but the reception staff were miserable and when I put our booking confirmation on the desk he looked at me and held his hand out until I picked the form up and actually put it in his hand. How rude.

We had two rooms and both overlooking a shanti town, it was a horrible sight. Rooms were smelly and hair on bathroom floor and sink. The swimming pool and loungers were disgraceful. They needed a good scrub, full of insects on the tables and around the pool.

We stayed here 4 days but I wanted to leave as soon as I walked up the road. The cafes were filthy and a dead rat was on the path 2 foot from the chef cooking for two days without being moved. A man was led on the path every day we were there in the same place. Could have been dead for all we knew. It was a long walk to the train station and we passed lots of dodgy people staring at us, so we never walked again always got taxi. KL centre though is magnificent and the PETRONAS towers were a sight you could look at all day with fantastic shopping centre, so please visit but make sure your hotel is inside the wall surrounding the city centre. People should be warned about the area the hotel is in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Citrus Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us. I will personally take up with our front desk team on your experience. I would like to mention that at Citrus we take pride in serving our guests & your experience is definitely not a norm at Citrus.

The hotel has 24X7 security & also CCTV surveillance for enhanced safety & security of our guests during their stay with us. We are located in the City Center area with close proximity & connectivity to major tourist attractions at Kuala Lumpur.

Like many parts of the world even Kuala Lumpur has many road side eateries but we do not encourage our guests to patronize them due to hygiene issues. We have a full day restaurant inhouse which serves all three major meals on the premises.

I hope that you would continue patronizing Citrus KL & I look forward to welcome you back.

Spokane Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

As with a few others, I went for price. Mistake. I wanted a hotel with a pool, visiting a friend in KL. The website pics and the reality are millions of miles apart. My initial impression overall was disappointed, and I continued to be frustrated and disappointed with my stay. In 3 days I was in 4 rooms; first room was dingy, sofa had stains, stains on the counters; second room the door lock would not open and I was locked out, 3rd room was street side and incredibly noisy, 4th room was okay, finally. But it is NOT a 4 star hotel; try for 1 1/2 in terms of quality. The pool area looked incredibly neglected and broken down; I did take pictures but will probably not take the time to post them; lounge chairs were aged and dirty, some broken; the drain tiles were in disarray and many were broken; the whole area was dingy and needed paint and refurbished; which can be said for the entire property. It has the look of a decaying, neglected hotel badly in need of repairs. Carpet in the lifts and halls were tattered and dirty. Overpriced definitely; I felt ripped off; could have stayed in a nice budget hotel for half the price I paid here. Only good thing was the manager, who was apologetic, gave me a free meal; a discount on room would have been better. Bell hop was lovely and front desk was just okay. Buffet breakfast was below par for such a property and price. Café meals however were very good. Explanation from the recently new manager was that it is hard to get good help; people don't want to work; and hotel is in stages of being upgraded; LONG ways to go, LONG WAY.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the pool side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Citrus Kualalumpur!

At the onset, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us. We would like to update you that we are in a process of changing the hotel room door locks & have already started doing the same floor wise to avid any inconvenience to our guests.

We are not a new hotel but yes we are rightfully equipped to cater value for money to our esteemed guests.

Getting good skilled manpower is a challenge in all the parts of the world but it is definitely not an excuse & our team is fully committed to serve our hotel guests.

I hope that you would continue patronizing us & request you to let me know in case you happen to visit KL again. I would be obliged to take care of your stay arrangements personally.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus KL!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked this hotel as part of An Airasia package and after reading the reviews we were very concerned. We contacted the hotel directly to discuss our concerns..........we were assured our rooms would be clean etc.......we were very pleasantly surprised. It isn't a five star hotel, but nor do they advertise as such. Citrus is a three star Asian hotel......we had a spacious room, old but clean, staff were ALL helpful, polite and welcoming, all requests were met, the pool was refreshing, breakfast more than adequate and the area close to everything we needed. Great food nearby, close to train stations and cheap taxi fares. You get what you pay for.........we stayed a week and were very happy.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel direct if concerned. We were o the 8th floor overlooking the pool. Room 810 was q...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Citrus Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Citrus KL!

I thank you for your inspiring feedback. It is by means of encouraging words on our efforts from our guests, we get inspired to constantly endeavor towards making our guest's hotel stay an enjoyable experience.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus.

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

It was below my expectations. I went for the price, thinking I could get value. The beds were below expectations. My room was next to the street on the 5th Floor and it was really noisy. At 5.00AM, I heard someone honking the car horn non stop. The staff people are friendly and helpful, but that is so much I can say about the Citrus Hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

At the onset I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

I agree that we are not a new hotel, but our rooms are well appointed for the needs of our esteemed guests.

We have taken note of your feedback on the noise levels in the rooms. We will definitely consider the quality of window panes during our next phase of product enhancement at the hotel. Currently, as a norm we keep all the window panes closed & even advice the same to our guests to minimize sound penetration from outside into the hotel rooms.

I sincerely hope that you would give us an opportunity to host your stay again in case you happen to visit KL in future.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus KL.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel as my friend had booked the room for me. Again it was a disaster stay and this will be my final straw to ever stay here again. To ALL SINGAPOREANS, NEVER EVER STAY HERE. I had read the last 2 comments which I strongly support and the feedback from the GM on his commitment and integrity is all a bunch of LIES. There is no commitment shown at all by every staff there. I even have to wish the staff before receiving a greeting from them. What more do you expect. Hotel is filthy and rooms are dusty as carpets are worn and never cleaned. bathrooms smell and air conditions are warm and humid. TV channels are blur and when you seek assistance, it never comes for hours. Car park is a major problem and I was told by the staff that the basement car park is reserved for their Managers only. Great service to guest who support the Managers salaries. I had to park my car and walk in the rain. Anyway, I had enough of this TERRIBLE hotel as what it needs is a close down or change of Management.

Room Tip: All rooms are BAD
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Citrus Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

Though Citrus Hotel KL is not a brand new hotel but it is a Value for money mid market hotel. I believe that you have experienced a series of anomalies which definitely are not expected to happen. I would definitely review the hotel room cleanliness with our team.

The hotel does have limited parking facility & also some open parking space in front of the hotel. Definitely our guests have the right of priority to any of our services/ facilities on premises over any internal team member. I sincerely regret my team conveying that any facility is reserved for the internal team versus our esteemed guests.

I request you to kindly let me know in case you happen to visit Kuala Lumpur next. I would personally oversee your booking & arrangements during your next visit to our hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus Hotel KL.

Regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our 1st stay here and most definitely our last - we will NEVER EVER return here.

If you truly wish to have live Large Brown Sewer Rats running around your feet when you walk out and about the entrance to this hotel - then come and stay here.

If you wish to have to dodge numerous piles of fresh Dog Excrement while walking on the pavements outside the hotel - them make a booking at this hotel.

Beware - This is a developing nations hotel to suit a developing nations citizens.

Should you desire or expect Western style Hotel standards - Do Not Book in at the Citrus hotel.

Breakfast is a Vegetarians feast but not suited for a western meat eaters appetite. It offers limited, basic and vegetarian non appealing choices.

Our Club floor room ( 1011 ) was SO noisy ( from 24 hour non stop road noise ) , decor was dated ( like 80's style USA motel ) as well as being worn out and begging for capital to be spent on a whole of room make over.

Staff are excellent and attentive within the confines of the authority that they have, however the management style obviously holds back the whole hotel from offering a truly professional level of Western style guest service.

The club room on the 10th floor is a joke. Again the service from the staff is great - but if you go to help yourself to a drink from the fridge you do expect the fridge to have been renewed with fresh stock in it - not to be empty and get an explanation that the staff will need to speak to and get the F & B Manager involved.

The locals obviously smoke a lot, as no where in the hotel could you escape the strong smell of fresh and stale cigarette smoke combined. How about offering a smoke free floor to guests?

The WiFi is the only point that made this hotel stay bearable - it worked fast and just fine for our whole stay.

This is a hotel that caters wholly to to Vegetarian Asians but if you are looking for and expecting a Western style of acceptable standard level of service, comfort and food then do yourself a favour and book else where.

Read the reviews more carefully than I did - Indians love the place, Westerners vastly detest this hotel.

Room Tip: There are none!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

At the onset, please accept my apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit at Citrus Kuala Lumpur.

We have noted your comments on the upkeep of the hotel surroundings & shall definitely take up with the local authorities. Tourism is a prime focus for us & we would definitely not want any of our guests to have inconvenient experience of the area.

With regards to break fast options, we offer a fair mix of continental and local cuisine both vegetarian & non vegetarian options to suit the palate of our esteemed guests. However in case if any of the guests wish to order anything in particular, we do have an a'la cart menu on offer which provides a good variety of selection to our guests to choose from.

Club floor rooms in the hotel are Non smoking floors & we always advice our guests accordingly. We do have the same mentioned in our hotel elevators & also request the guests at the time of check in to maintain the sanctity of the same.

I sincerely hope that you understand our view point & continue patronizing Citrus Hotel KL.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus KL.

Regards,

Manendra Sharma

Been to Citrus Hotel? Share your experiences!