“Fast track renovation much needed” 2 of 5 stars

Seri Pacific Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Putra, Kuala Lumpur 50746, Malaysia   |
Ranked #45 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Fast track renovation much needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

We arrived in the evening after a tiring 6-hour bus ride from Singapore that dropped us off at the Corus Hotel. We hailed a taxi, after being warned by a local to stay away from taxis waiting outside the Corus Hotel. She recommended hailing a taxi on the curb instead.

The reception at the Front Desk was not overly welcoming, but when we entered our room, we were so pleasantly suprised at the magnificent view of the Petronas Towers! The room assigned to us was newly renovated, with a modern feel and touch.

The bathroom was brand new and had a rain shower head which was fantastic. A section of the bathroom floor had a huge stain that did not look very enticing. I tried several times to try to scrub the stain away myself without success.

The buffet breakfast spread was quite good, although the service was spotty. We complained about smoking being allowed at a table nearby that seemed to be occupied by a group of influential people (politicians perhaps?) who couldn't care less that they were seated in the non-smoking area of the restaurant. The most we were given was a quirky grin by the staff, without the proper apologies we deserved.

The hotel lobby looks its age. Presumably, renovation started in the rooms, but the rest of the hotel badly needs it. The poor excuse for a pool, needs to be expanded in order for guests to be enticed to try taking a dip at all.

I would stay away from this hotel until they finish the top to bottom renovation it needs.

• Liked — Great view of the Petronas Towers
  • Disliked — Tired and showing its age
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

Excellent service, nice hotel
needs abit of decor but they are in the process of renovating it so cant wait to see the new hotel

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Malaysian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I had a two days conference recently at the Putra World Trade Centre last month July 2008. So me and my colleague opted for Seri Pacific since its so convenient, near the shopping mall and LRT station and only 5 minutes walk to PWTC. But to my dismay on our second day of staying at the Hotel, upon checking out time, I found out my favorite shoe was missing. It was very peculiar though, the day before, I stayed in room in the afternoon since I was not feeling well, there was this tall Indian lady with a short hair in blue uniform who claim to be the housekeeping attendant. Before she open my room of course she rang the bell twice and shouted house keeping. I scramble up from my bed and went to the door but before I was able to open the door she had already opened the door using her key/card... I was wondering is this a usual checkup for all the rooms in this hotel. If it is not, then I guess the lady must be the one who my shoe. I think there are some untrustworthy staff around there, I would advice others who are planning to stay there be careful with your belongings...or else just get other hotel to stay.

Stayed July 2008
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Booked this hotel as i am a best western card member. Never been to this hotel but based on the ratings given to the hotel over the internet, i decided to try.

First impression outside the hotel, it seems that the hotel is pretty old, but not run down. Maybe the exterior of the hotel will need some touch ups.

Into the lobby, i feel that its better than what it seems outside. The lobby is clean and the lighting is cosy as well. The lobby does feel and look like a 5 stars hotel.

From the lift to the room, we can see the twin tower on our way up to our room inside the lift. Thats really something i felt really good about. inside the lift, you will have a paronomic view as the lift walls are made of transparent glasses.

The room, though seems abit old, but is well kept, neat and clean. The bath area is big as well. One bath room with the tub and another one with the shower spray.

The bed is comfortable. However, the pillows are abit soft.

If you are shopping, i believe that this hotel may not be appropraite as you willl still need to take the train, though not far, to the chinatown and KLCC.

Overall, an above average experience.

• Liked — the lift
  • Disliked — the exterior of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
glasgow, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Anyone who has been to the seri pacific in the last few months will know this hotel has gone through a total revamp and is a pleasure to stay, clean room, with maid service everyday which its perfect, frendly staff, helpful and would say made my stay in Malaysia.

Would defo reccomend to anyone

• Liked — the staff and their freindliness
  • Disliked — pool view, not much too look at
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

Myself and 2 colleagues used the Seri Pacific for a 6 night stay in Kuala Lumpur whilst exhibiting in the Putra World Trade Centre. The hotel looked relatively close to the PWTC which was the main influencing factor. Upon arrival at the hotel we realised we could not have physically gotten any closer to the trade centre, this turned out to be very beneficial with the thunderstorms Kuala Lumpur was experiencing throughout the day. There was actually a covered walkway into the centre, the only issue with the locality was that all attendees seemed to flock to the hotel's taxi desk which affected resident service. Greeted by very friendly staff, some issues were experienced while checking in, 3 Premier Rooms (executive) had been booked but it appeared that all Executive floors were undergoing renovations (not advised of this during booking). We were given standard rooms with access to the executive lounge, rooms were clean and bathrooms were very nice - large walk in shower with cracking powershower, plates of chocolates / biscuits / fruit arrived every day. Executive lounge was superb with breakfast served until 10 - fruit, toast, bread, etc, cheese and meats, eggs upon request cooked in the lounge, the usual and some very unusual foods. Service was excellent in the lounge although ask for green tea and you may wait a while for a refil but normal tea and coffee not a problem. As part of the premier room benefits we had 5 items of clothing per day laundered and 1 suit dry cleaned - minimal dirty washing brought home. All clothes came back in pristine condition. Lounge also served complimentary drinks and nibbles from 5pm onwards which was fabulous, after one visit the staff knew just what these 3 weary exhibitors required to drink upon arrival. Nibbles, loosly translated as mini meals - samples of tuna steak with trimmings, beef wrapped around vegetables, seafood, duck and chicken, the basic spring rolls, satay sticks, etc and lots of raw veggies. Deserts in abundance, mini pastries, cheese cakes and even bread pudding which was delicious. The view from my room was fabulous - the twin towers in full view and when a storm came in you actually saw the veil of mist descend on the city obscuring everything from view. We ate in the main restaurant which was fine, nothing astounding but nice food all the same, the boys ate in the Chinese restaurant one evening but the feedback received was 'not half as nice as the Chinese at the market' the last evening was Japanese where we enjoyed tepenyaki - this was amazing! Eugine was fabulous and regaled us with tales of his past 10 years in Austria and his baby son Kenneth all the while impressing us with his flambay skills. The one issue I had with this hotel was the entertainment which was seriously laughable. 3 locals, one gent who constantly played the keyboard with sound effects i.e. tap, fireworks, echo - truly terrible, my sister did better aged 6, his dancers were pretty woeful too and when they sang it was painful. The set never varied from night to night, thankfully we were not there on holiday but only endured the singing when stopping off for a nightcap before turning in after a long day. Overall a very nice hotel, dirt cheap in comparisan to most hotels we have used for business. Over and above service - the hem of my trousers fell down and I had to return to the room to fix it, within minutes of calling for assistance I had 2 ladies at my door, they took my trousers away for sewing and I had them back on in 5 minutes. Having the hotel so close for me was a god send as the trade centre's facilities were dismal and I opted to avoid the loo where possible after finding something crawling out of it during our first day there. Only issue with hotel other than entertainment was wifi - no wireless available and connection was a little difficult to work.

• Liked — Location for business event
  • Disliked — Entertainment
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lahore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

Though the room rates were on the steeper side, the hotel more than made up for it with its convenient location and ease of access to the taxi stand and the rail network. The breakfast is very good and the quality of food is nice. The room service, however, left something to be desired since the electric kettle in my room took them two days to fix. The pool is also quite small. Having said that, the rooms are big and spacious and the view from them is very nice. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Seri Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!