We arrived in the evening after a tiring 6-hour bus ride from Singapore that dropped us off at the Corus Hotel. We hailed a taxi, after being warned by a local to stay away from taxis waiting outside the Corus Hotel. She recommended hailing a taxi on the curb instead.
The reception at the Front Desk was not overly welcoming, but when we entered our room, we were so pleasantly suprised at the magnificent view of the Petronas Towers! The room assigned to us was newly renovated, with a modern feel and touch.
The bathroom was brand new and had a rain shower head which was fantastic. A section of the bathroom floor had a huge stain that did not look very enticing. I tried several times to try to scrub the stain away myself without success.
The buffet breakfast spread was quite good, although the service was spotty. We complained about smoking being allowed at a table nearby that seemed to be occupied by a group of influential people (politicians perhaps?) who couldn't care less that they were seated in the non-smoking area of the restaurant. The most we were given was a quirky grin by the staff, without the proper apologies we deserved.
The hotel lobby looks its age. Presumably, renovation started in the rooms, but the rest of the hotel badly needs it. The poor excuse for a pool, needs to be expanded in order for guests to be enticed to try taking a dip at all.
I would stay away from this hotel until they finish the top to bottom renovation it needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only ultramodern Atrium Hotel connected to Putra World Trade Center. With recently renovated and refurbished rooms, we cater to Corporate business and MICE events. Our restaurants range from Local, Asian and International cuisine including our famous Authentic Japanese restaurant KOFUKU. Our Spa with Balinese and Malaysian treatments will rejuvenate your body and soul after a long day at work. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Seri Pacific Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Best Western