“extended check out time and bizlounge and concierge” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur 50450, Malaysia   |
Ranked #62 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuching, Malaysia
“extended check out time and bizlounge and concierge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The only thing that I would like to comment is on the strict check out time imposed by the front desk. I requested for 2pm check out and was denied. finally, the supervisor who overheard granted 1pm check out.

Bizlounge personnel was very helpful.

concierge was very helpful and polite also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelKLCC, Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this review, April 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

We appreciate your kind feedback and we do look forward to receiving you here again soon!

Novotel KL City Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Paris,France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The rooms are old (carpet, furniture, ...). As a king size bed, you actually have two old mattresses side by side. The kind of mattress that breaks your back and makes you wake up early in the morning. My room was at one of the higher floors and however I heard the sound of a motorcycle passing in the street. The bathroom is another generation. Really overprice.

In this hotel, even with a high status member, nothing is offered. I know this is not part of Accor Novotel rules but the staff does not understand that you're not here because it is the best hotel in town, but only because you're Accor member.

What upset me the most was when I asked for a late check-out and that I was told that was not possible because the hotel was full. But checking with the website, I could simulate a reservation without problem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at Novotel KL City Centre.

Firstly, do allow us to apologise for the inconvenienced you faced during your stay especially being a loyal Accor supporter.

We would like to inform you that we will be refurbishing our rooms soon and this would include mattress change. We hope that your experience does not deter you from returning to Novotel KL City Centre.

Please do contact us should you require assistance for your next visit.

Best regards,
Novotel KL City Centre.
Nagoya, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I just checked into the hotel after purchasing their Premier King Room for two nights. Having taken into consideration some comments about their basic rooms , I thought you can't go wrong with getting the better room. There was nothing about the room to indicate that this is VIP in anyway as they indicate on their advertising. I actually had to check that this was the premier room. My overall impression was not pleasant and I also mentioned it was our anniversary to uninterested staff.
There was a rusty chip in the tiny bath tub, carpets are sad. The 'King' bed is actual fact two single beds pushed together. was also quite hard and uncomfortable. When I asked at the front desk they said all their rooms were like this. Even the Queen and double. Skeptical, but what can I say? Also only one person can use the wifi at one time!! They also ask you for your credit card for a guarantee. standard at most hotels, but I was then anded a slip for $900rm and i had to actually ask before they explained they froze some money on my card. be warned that they said it can take up to 7 business days. its not so much an issue but would have been nice for this to be explained clearly. In all its not what I would expect for the price you pay and the category of room it pitches itself as. Realistically its probably closer to a basic room in their Ibis range. With the competition and choice in KL these days you could spend the same and get a nicer hotel or spend much less and get exactly the same room you get at the Novotel. By far the worst one I've stayed at in the chain. To be fair the room has all the basics and a great location, but you don't really pay the money or come here to get that. I would suggest that with the competition and variety in KL you could get better value.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at Novotel KL City Centre.

Firstly, do allow us to apologise for the inconvenienced you faced during your stay especially with the condition of the room and the low levels of service your encountered.

With your comments, we have brought it up in our Associates Meeting to ensure that issues like what you faced does not repeat itself and it is with comments and feedback like yours, we improve and strive to serve all our guests better.

We would like to inform you that we will be refurbishing our rooms soon! We hope that your experience does not deter you from returning to Novotel KL City Centre.

Please do contact us should you require assistance for your next visit.

Best regards,
Novotel KL City Centre.
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is excellent and a great location. In the heart of KL city and close to shopping malls, street shopping area . Rooms are good and the service is fabulous. You just walk out in the evening and enjoy KL. Some of the site seeing points are very close.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are good and ideal for two persons
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

We appreciate your kind feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We do look forward to receiving you here again soon!

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel - on your Own risk. I must say - location is excellent, front desk is also very good - nice and friendly. That all I can say. For that money - either you will find better hotel or for such standard you will pay less in some other places The rest is tragedy. I had a long flight so I was dreaming of nice and comfortable sleep. Well, I was very wrong - singing pipes - my neighbor got up early in the morning and he was having a shower. Running water was so loud that i could not sleep. After using the toilet - I have just realized that the pipe is clogged and all is running on the floor in the bathroom. I have called the front desk for service and to stop it. I was waiting for about 30 minutes. You can imagine - clogged toilet, water on the floor and no one to take care. Simply I left the room. So no idea when they came and fixed that. And one more thing - free internet - yes it is free, but the signal is so week that you can not use it, better take some other means of communication; funny enough is that the best signal you have in the bathroom while sitting on the toilet.
So, if you have to use this hotel - i is on your own risk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelKLCC, Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the time taken to comment on your stay, and we do apologise should you have experienced bad service during your stay here with us.

Please rest assured that we are in the midst of minor refurbishments for our accommodation rooms. I do hope that this experience you encountered will not deter you from coming back to staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very good location...once the housekeeping did not make up my room,which i requested and i make a call to the duty manager and they at my room door within few minute to clean the room. Will not change to other hotel for my future visit to Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

In overall must say the place is ok, somewhat average. Positives: Friendly staff (though not giving a very professional look), and excellent location (just opposite Pavillion Mall and in walking distance to main attraction sites in KL city center). However, there are few negative points which I believe are quite important:
- I booked an Executive Room, believe me, there was nothing "executive" in it. Furniture was old, a bed, an arm chair and a writing table.
TV was showing just around 10 locally available channels (Executive Room!), there was a basic small minibar and a kettle on the table, that's it.
Wifi connection was very slow and half of the time would disconnect or not connect at all.
Bed sheets and linens didn't look much clean, pillows too thin and mattress too hard. Bathroom quality was below below average, everything was very old and again, I had an impression as if they are saving on things here. I would get daily just two average size towels, one small piece of soap and one shower gel and one shampoo. Funny thing, I had to ask for soap and shower gel every day anew, since the personnel regularly entering my room for cleaning didn't see it necessary to put new stuff to replace the used ones.
One more thing about room service - they never pick up the phone, never. You have to call reception and ask them in their turn to ask someone from room service to call you back.
Also, just 3 lifts for such a tall building is not going to work. You either wait for lift or wait in lift, but in both cases it takes enormous time, and I am not exaggerating.
Will I stay again in this hotel should I come back to KL? No, unless there are major changes, refurbishment, renovations, definitely no.
In addition Kuala Lumpur is a heaven of cheap (by western standards) accommodation and food. Charging so good for not so good service, with so much competition at your doorstep? Not very smart at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the valuable feedback upon your recent stay at Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

We will definitely look into the HouseKeeping matters i.e. refills and replanishing of items and overall cleanliness of the room. We do apologize of the service issues you faced especially when it came to orderding room service. Please rest assured immediate corrective actions are in place to ensure these things do not repeat in future.

As for the overall outlook of the rooms, we are pleased to inform you that progressive refurbishments will take place to further enhance the accommodation rooms.

We do hope that this experience you encountered will not deter you from coming back to staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre

Been to Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre? Share your experiences!