“Should consider and improve its accessibility.” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur 50450, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Stay For Free!
Ranked #23 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Should consider and improve its accessibility.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Good hotel in a great location but NO ROOM specialized for physically-challenged guests. We inquired and the hotel staff told us their room (Deluxe King) is big enough for wheelchair users and that their bathroom is accessible. So we booked for a week stay in March2014. But when we got there, the room is ok bt the bathroom is inaccessible. We appreciate upgrading us into an Executive Suite (#728) for FREE wth a bigger bathroom bt still inaccessible. I'm fortunate enough to have both my husband and a caregiver to assist me in the inaccessible bathroom. I think it would benefit the hotel if they would consider amending at least 1-room per floor to make it accessible according to international building codes. They are losing wheelchair-user guests if they remain not having a HANDICAPPED ROOM.

• Stayed March 2014
ImpianaKLCCHotel, Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear meonwheels,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We humbly apologise for the misinformation that was provided and for the inconvenience we caused you during your stay with us. Your suggestion of having a Handicap Room per floor has been highlighted to the top management.

We hope to have you and your husband with us again soon and that we would be able to provide you with the necessary conveniences.

The Management of Impiana KLCC Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Everything is excellent about this hotel.
Location-
Simply best. Three min. Walk to petronas towers. hotel is connected with Pavillion mall by sky bridge and is accessible from Bukit Bintang metro station easily.
Rooms
Awesome. Well appointed, clean and fresh. Spacious washroom with luxury tub. Good views from hotel room of petronas towers. Room facilities work properly and cooling is superb.
Buffet breakfast has ample variety. Quality of food is excellent. Restaurant is spacious, food is very tasty.
Club experience
Wine, beer and whisky of decent variety. Good ambiance of the club. However, food options may be increased for club experience.
Overall, a memorable stay. I will surely stay again during next visit to KL

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jatin9030,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so glad that you had a memorable stay with us and are looking forward to your next visit.

Your suggestion of increasing the food options at the Club Lounge has also been highlighted to the relevant department.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was one of the best hotels I've booked in.
Good staff, the room was clean and comfortable, the place of this hotel is an advantage it's in the City center between the Twin Towers and Pavilion mall, next to the walking bridge.
My only complaint was the variety of the food.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Bagakak,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for your valuable review. We are glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Your complaint on the variety of food has been highlighted to the relevant departments.

Hope to have you and your family with us again when you're next in Kuala Lumpur.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was my first trip to Kuala Lumpur and based on reviews, I decided to stay at Impiana. First of all, it is really located in one of the best spots in KL, KLCC. Impiana has its own access to the "Walkway" which gives you "air-conditioned" access to the Petrona Twin Towers, Pavilion, and many other hotels. I wish I had known it existed during my first day at Impiana.

Check in was easy, I was convinced to upgrade to a deluxe room that had a good view of KLCC and included a breakfast buffet. I highly recommend it, the buffet is worth it. Stuff yourself before your long walks around KL.

My room was nice and included a desk which I took advantage of. Wifi access was good, cable was okay with a limited amount of channels. The bed was very comfortable. I slept very well. Room service was good.

My only complaints, on my second day the cleaning staff entered my room twice when I was inside even though they already serviced the room. They just rang the bell and entered even before I could get to the door. I found this very annoying so the next day I just put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign. The cleaning staff were also a bit loud in the hallways from roughly 7 am in the morning. I forgot to complain about this since I was in a hurry to get to the airport this morning.

Despite this, I enjoyed my stay there. I will visit KL again in December and I will choose Impiana again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the deluxe room for a view of KLCC.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear SaigonNezumi,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank your for taking the time to review us. It is wonderful to know that we were your choice based on reputation (reviews) and that we met up with your expectations.

However, we apologise for the the lack of information given during check-in (not informing you of the air-conditioned walkway) and the attitude of our Housekeeping staff. The relevant departments have been informed and training is ongoing to ensure that such tardiness are not repeated henceforth.

Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

To be fair, the hotel is in a great location, with a convenient access via the skywalk connecting the hotel to the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center and hence, KLCC. The rooms are not too bad either though signs of ageing is now apparent. Bed's still comfy and rooms are clean (but housekeeping need to step it up a notch). We've held this hotel in good regard and between the two of us, we've had numerous events conducted in this establishment and have recommended stays to friends and colleagues. Frankly, we've not stayed here ourselves until the one fateful night which may now completely change our perception and it's all because of one miserable Impiana staff. Yes, ONE. That's all it takes for us.

It all started with the reservation officer who had perhaps inadvertently forgotten to indicate in the system that I would be arriving later than my husband - who had earlier asked to ensure that my name is indeed in their records when he checked in. This resulted in my not being able to obtain a second room key later in the evening when I arrived (because it is the hotel's policy not to allow additional keys to be accorded to guests unless verifiable in the system - which is a good policy to have, admittedly). Which then resulted in my being late in getting ready for a very important event with high level guests causing much embarassment to my superiors who had to apologize for my tardiness, leaving my career on the line. Yes, it was THAT important.

So, because of the incident, while I don't really blame the person who forgot to key in my name into the system because people do tend to forget, I'm really not sorry to suggest for Kumar at the front desk to either be counselled (so that he learns to be more sensitive to guests) or be sacked (Impiana may just have to make him realize that he's not cut out for the hospitality business).

We've singled him out because his attitude was the most significant of all the front desk staff who were involved in our predicament and he happened to unfortunately be the one to handle our situation. There were a couple of his colleagues who showed genuine concern and tried very hard to calm me down and I was about to when this obnoxious guy looked at me as if I just came from the trash and didn't deserve his time nor attention and I was coldly dismissed - which made me, the paying guest, even more frantic and was already in tears. Worse, I felt I was really sized up.

Mr Ice Queenie, if I am required to prove my worth of being someone affluent enough in order to obtain your sorry excuse for good service, then seriously, you certainly do NOT belong at the front desk and you'll also need to do a self-check. Believe in Karma, my friend. And by the way, I do believe that my Cole Haan is as genuine as my Chanels and Pradas. Shame on me for just carrying my understated CH and work bagpack instead and I apologize for walking all the way from KLCC and therefore arriving all hot and sweaty instead of valet parking our classy ride. That had probably disgusted and annoyed Mr Kumar, huh?

So, dear readers, by all means, choose Impiana. It's not that bad. And I hope that after our review, if you do encounter the gentleman mentioned, I hope by then he's been given a fair amount of attitude adjustment and reprimand so you won't have to endure what we had.

By the way the hotel apologized and we received a night's free stay. However, for fear that I might turn into a crazy woman and embarass my husband by purposefully searching for the said gentlemen and giving him a good, tight, smack publicly, we'll refrain from using the voucher for a while until I've completely calmed down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear AbraCaBling,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We once more sincerely apologise for the terrible experience you had with our staff, Kumar and its impact on your career. Please rest assure that the relevant departments have taken the matter seriously and he has been sent for retraining.

We hope that once you feel ready to use the free stay voucher, you will return to note that all our staff deliver tip top service.

Gawler, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We could not have been happier with our stay. We booked a Club Room and were not disappointed. The view from the room was stunning. The room was very comfortable and we had a selection of pillows to choose from. The beds were very comfy and the room was very clean and spacious.

The Club Rooms give you access each afternoon to their afternoon tea which includes tea/coffee/soft drinks and a selection of finger foods (cakes, cheese & biscuits and hot savouries) this is then followed by cocktail hour which had complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. This was a lovely way to wind down after a busy day. Breakfast was included and we had a choice of 3 areas to choose between. All provided a good selection of foods to cater for all nationalities.

The hotel has direct entry to the undercover walkway which takes you through to the two different shopping centres and also the Petronas Towers are just a 10-15 minute walk away.

Will definitely stay again if ever back in KL.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to the Club package with its inclusions.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Karen H,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for your valuable review. It is always wonderful to know that we have met up with the expectations of our guests.

Looking forward to having you with us again when you're next in KL.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Spent last year a few days there. I love: 1) the location 2) the comfy rooms 3) the very friendly staff. The view is a bit limited though. Can recommend it any time and will certainly back. Not much more to add :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dubailover2014,

Warm Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us.

Hope to have you with us again soon!

The Management of Impiana KLCC Hotel.

Been to Impiana KLCC Hotel? Share your experiences!