“Location is the Key” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 261 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
New Delhi, India
“Location is the Key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in june 13. Location was very nice with many attraction in the walking distance like KL tower, Petronas, Suria Mall. Even Butik Bitang area which is the hub of malls and shopping is connected to the hotel via bridge, a 10 minutes walk. Staff was good, check in & check out smooth & fast. Rooms clean and reasonable size. One thing was negative. I asked for taxi to the airport and the person quoted me 300 MR incuding the night charges. But I booked the taxi through a website sunlight taxi .com and got the rate of 175.00 MR. Secondly room service was a bit slow and some times took 1 hr for a mineral water bottle. Anyway overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view of petronas towers
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1,584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Unfortunately we probably won't stay at this hotel again as their front desk service really lets them down, even though good value and location.

We stayed here for 2 nights on two separate occasions over a three week period and both times check in was difficult and extremely slow. The second time, which was by far the worst, we arrived at the hotel at 2.15pm only to be informed that our room wasn't ready and would take abut 2 hours to be ready. Obviously we weren't happy about this as we had been up since 6.00am but even after enquiring if there was somewhere we could take a shower, freshen up and rest etc we were informed that was not possible and we would have to wait for our room to be ready. Over the course of the 3 hours it took for our room to become available, we enquired a few times as to the progress only to find each time no-one knew who we were or what the story was or what sort of room we were waiting for. There appears to be no communication between staff whatsoever and the standard of English was very poor (most unusual in KL!) We finally did get to our room just after 5pm and it was very nice (as it had been our previous stay), no complaints at all about the room.

We also paid for another day/night so we could check out at 9pm (which was also a major drama to organise) but were phoned at 11.45am and told that we needed to check out at 12 noon. 3 phone calls later clarified we were staying until 9pm and the original price was finally settled on, again.

It is disappointing that the front desk staff just don't seem to have their act together and that their English is so bad. The hotel is in a great location and very convenient for the Pavillion etc. The rooms and facilities are actually very nice for the very reasonable price charged however I doubt we would stay again as we were just inconvenienced too much without any compensation whatsoever.

Other staff, especially the concierges were extremely helpful but there is a definite problem at the front desk. Overall - value good, service bad.

Lastly, I also think that given that you are located right opposite the Hyatt and looking straight at their absolutely amazing pool area it would probably be worthwhile placing loads of plants and trees around the very ordinary pool area and some more upmarket outdoor furniture. It just needs something to make it look more inviting (just a suggestion).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmund143, General Manager at Impiana KLCC Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

Greetings from Impiana KLCC Hotel!

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

I have taken note on your comment on the unavailability of room upon check in as well as cleanliness of the room. I agree that our Front Office team should have planned the arrivals for the day better to ensure all our guests are allocated rooms based on their requirements. We agree that the attitude and mannerism of the associate whom attended to you was inappropriate and we have discussed with the department head concerned. The management has enrolled all Front Office staff to undergo service training to polish and improve their servicing skills.

I personally apologize for the delay in room you experienced and I personally appreciate your valuable feedback through this survey, so we as hotel operator can continuously improve our service delivery to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back to Impiana KLCC Hotel in the not too distant future. Please contact me personally, should you need any future assistance.

Best regards,
The Management
West Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited this hotel and was hoping for more.. The rooms although new are not too fancy or luxurious. The location was a big plus point, namely it can bring to KLCC(Convention center) and also Suria KLCC mall below the Twin Towers. Other then that, it is also quite near to Bukit Bintang( a cab would get you there).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was at the recent Archidex and had a pleasant stay at the hotel - 3rd time in 2 years.

The staff remembered me and made my stay very welcomed and warm.

I was given the new wing and the room was great.

A convenient hotel with covered walkway (and some cool air) above ground all the way to Pavillion Mall too.

Room Tip: The New Wing is a sure select.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at Impiana during a recent business trip to KL...the conference was held at the KLCC and this hotel is perfectly located. There is a connector between the conference venue and the hotel and the connector also takes you to the central area of KL where Pavilion as well as a number of eateries and pubs are located. The hotel staff are pleasant and the rooms are nicely kept.
I think compared to the other hotels in the area such as Marina Mandarin or Traders...this hotel is great value for money. Got to say though that the pool at the Hyatt is wayyyy better :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at Impiana for 3 nights in June on a stopover on the way home. On the way to my destination I had stayed at another hotel in KL, and the Impiana was far superior - even though it was for the same price if not a bit less.

Check in was smooth and prompt.

I was travelling alone and a couple of times was in reception waiting for service when I was approached by hotel staff offering assistance. The staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful - I felt totally looked after.

Location of the hotel was very good with a large shopping mall accessible by an undercover walkway.

On my last day I had a massage at the hotel spa - and it was an excellent experience.

If I do get back to KL, I would stay at this hotel.

Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

So this is my third visit and I will continue to make this my "home away from home" in KL.

Please see my other reviews for the details as I won't rehash all the pluses for this hotel,

But - this time we had a Club room and I can say it is definitely well worth it. We really enjoyed the club room. There is breakfast served in the mornings (less selection but better quality and a nice quiet area to eat), afternoon tea and alcoholic drinks and food in the evening. Soft drink and coffee during the day. It was nice to have the room to come back to after a day of exploring KL.

Staff as always were friendly and helpful. Room was great as always.

Impiana also has a loyalty program now for frequent visitors.

Stay here. It is always a great price, great location and is a great hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Impiana KLCC Hotel? Share your experiences!