The staff at this hotel is what truly gives it the 5th "star"!
Incredibly friendly, attentive and always at your service.
Just such a thing that they would call every night (thank you David, Cindy and others!) to check on how our toddler and me were doing as we were suffering both from some gastrointestinal upset as well as some bizzarrely huge mosquitobites. Also offering to send up some Congee porridge to soothe our tummys. Now which other hotel would call every night and genuinely care like this?
Traders hotel seems to have a very mixed clientele of both business people and regular travellers. Quite large and seems to have been refurbished reasonably recently.
Very handy location right in front of a large park and in the very city centre. There is both a public swimmingpool as well as the largest playground for children that i have ever seen! There is also a walking/running track there for those of you that wish to excercise outdoors.
You are also very close to a huge mall which has an excellent selection of high street and high end fashion (think Chanel and Hermès) and a lot of restaurant choices. If the weather is either too muggy or sunny there is a shuttle service going to and from the mall from the hotel every 15 min´s throughout the day until 10PM.
If you can, get a room on the Traders floor as that´s the only way to get wi-fi, and free such too!, in the room. You will also get access to breakfast only for clubfloor guests, afternoon tea and cocktails in the evening. It also makes checking in and out smoother and faster! One has the choice of a view over the Petronas towers or the city.
We were staying in a Executive city view Suite (2720) which is at the end of the hallway so quiet from other guests, but a little bit noisy at times from construction going on outide. Although i´m sure that most rooms will hear that more or less.
The suite is quite spacious with good storage possibilities for luggage. Speaking of storage, that is one thing that is lacking in the bathroom! It is very large, has a ridiculous amount of amenities and fancy lighting, but nowhere to store your own stuff. Slightly annoying.
If you are, like us, travelling with a child that will sleep in the livingroom area then please note that the bathroom is not adjacent to the bedroom, but directly in the hallway. That can make sneaking out to go to the bathroom slightly tricky.
There are however suites on lower floors with a better layout, but then there is no wi-fi. Choices, choices...
The lighting is also a tad bizarre. A lot of buttons that seem to do things randomly. And the so called reading light is terrible!!! It is located in the ceiling above the bed and incredibly strong and there is no way to adjust it!!! We eneded up reading using the light from the walk-in closet area. Also note that there is apparently one (yes 1!) regular light in the hotel that one can borrow and put on the nightstand for reading so book it if you have the need.
AC is efficent and easy to use, but a tad noisy. Great that one can set different temp´s in different rooms though!
The beds are on the firm side, pillows ok. The headboard makes it difficult to prop up against and read though as it´s so low and far out from the wall.
There is also a strange lack of plugs that one can use. 1 universal + 1 UK in the bedroom just doesn´t cut it in the day and age of Ipad´s, Iphones, laptops, cameras and what have you that needs recharging.
One great thing is that there is a way to attch the curtains so that there is absolutely no light coming in to the room what so ever. Fantastic!!
Ah as i said before, now this is where the hotel earned their 5th star! I must say that it was a long time ago that we had such a professional, dedicated and friendly check-in (thank you Ziera!!!).
They are very friendly, smiley and ready to help out in every department no matter what your needs/questions are!
My husband was for instance not feeling too well one day and the waitress suggested that the chef could make a special soup for him to make him feel better. And he sure did!
They also called the room just to ask how the toddler was doing since she got bitten badly by mosquitos one day and was also suffering from an upset stomach.
Their concierges are very helpful and nice.
Their laundry/dry cleaning service is highly recommendable. All 4 times when we used it the clothes/items were returned immaculate AND way before they were supposed to according to the slip.
Any time you would like the room made up or turndown service they arrive within minutes to help you.
There are 2 restaurants in the hotel, 1 buffet style restaurant and 1 grill restaurant.
The buffet place is where breakfast is served. They have a wide selection of choices and it is all very fresh and nicely presented both in the mornings and at night. The style of it is however a bit too much like a nice airport lounge for my taste. It is also quite noisy. But it has a fun light"show" in the ceiling which was a big hit with the toddler. They do change their dishes around from day to day. I do like my sushi and was very pleased to see that new rolls appeared on a daily basis!
The grill restaurant is a much more quiet and stylish establishement. And a veritable meat heaven or those inclined!!! But it´s not open for lunch.
A very nice touch is that they happily fetched food from the buffet restaurant for our toddler when we ate there. Also, if you happen to be dining alone and would like to read they will fetch you a lamp for your table.
Nothing out of the ordinary, good for excersising.
Things to do:
*Shop til you drop... Suria KLCC in all its glory, but the Pavillion is actually a much nicer and more quiet mall. It´s also very nearby, give or take 4 Ringgit with a taxi.
*We also went to the birdpark which is only, give or take, 15 min´s by car from the hotel. It is actually the worlds largest walk-in aviary and i do recommend going there.
*There is also the Malaysian Philharmonic located very close by in the Petronas towers and they are very much worth a visit!
*Another fun thing to do is to visit a fish spa (yes, those surgeon fish that will nibble dead skin off your feet), i highly recommend Kenkos which is quite close to the hotel in the Pavilion Mall.
*Eat!!! They do love there food here and i do not believe that there is anything edible that cannot be found in KL :)
Things to think about:
There is an interesting amount of bugs (maninly mosquitoes) here, so if you´re sensitive do bring some cortisone creams and antihistamines to battle the bites.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel Kuala
- Traders Hotel Kl
- Traders Kl
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur is a contemporary city centre hotel that caters to smart business and leisure travellers. This hotel in Kuala Lumpur offers 571 stylishly appointed rooms and suites in the heart of the city, just opposite the Petronas Twin Towers. Guest Rooms: Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur offers value accommodation with a range of amenities and facilities combined with an exceptional level of service that is distinct from other KL hotels. Traders Club: Traders Club rooms offer an enhanced level of service, comfort, and convenience for busy travellers, including a personal concierge. All rooms on the Traders Club floors are non-smoking and have exclusive access to the Traders Club Lounge on level 32. Suites: Suites at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur offer spacious and luxurious accommodations. All suites offer a separate sitting area that is perfect for relaxed business meetings, and a choice of dramatic park or city views.All our guests enjoy complimentary WiFi broadband access throughout the hotel premises and in the hotel limousine during airport transfers. It's the freedom smart Travellers know at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. Restaurants: Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur provides a fine selection of restaurants in Kuala Lumpur to satisfy your culinary requirements. Enjoy some of the city’s best steaks in intimate elegance at Gobo Upstairs Lounge & Grill on level 6. For more casual dining and popular entertainment, sample Western and Asian fare under an animated light show at the Gobo Chit Chat on level 5. Lounges & Bars: Enjoy the creative cocktail list at the Gobo Upstairs Lounge. A tourist attraction in its own right the famous SkyBar is a cosmopolitan open-air rooftop cocktail bar and a must for any visit to KL. Happy hour runs from 11am - 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.