Stayed at this hotel on a business trip and was a little apprehensive being away from the city center and also as it was not a brand that I recognized. My expectations were therefore managed appropriately and the stay was mostly what I expected.
Rooms were of a reasonable size, clean and with the normal amenities that one would expect of a hotel in this price range. The beds were comfortable and got a decent nights sleep.
The hotel's location was not my preference, attached to the mid-valley mall was useful for shops, but there was little / no real options for sightseeing, or eating outside of chain restaurants without a cab ride into the city. For those that like / want proximity to shopping / international chain restaurants (inc. Chilis, TGI Fridays, etc) then this is for you; if you are looking for a little more of a cultural experience then maybe not!
The biggest disappointment was the food, other than the breakfast buffet. We had a couple of meals in the hotel with our group and each time the service was slow, the food quality poor and the prices did not reflect this experience! I would strongly recommend eating out when staying. That being said, the brekafast buffet was very reasonable (and included in the price of our stay). There was a random (but apparently normal) selection of different foods for breakfast but seemed fresh, was replenished often and tasted ok!
Finally watch out for the spa - as a quick online search but one of our party revealed that it was known for offering 'alternate' services - as such we stayed clear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located strategically in Mid Valley City; one of the most modern and integrated leisure, dining, entertainment and shopping destination in Kuala Lumpur, the 390-room Boulevard Hotel is easily accessible to major commercial hubs and popular tourist attractions. Adjoining to the hotel is the popular Mid Valley Megamall and the upscale Gardens Mall, with over 630 retails, dining and entertainment outlets. The hotel offers a choice of rooms including Executive Rooms and Studio Suites with FREE WIFI - perfect for business or family getaways. A variety of gastronomic delights is available at the 24-hour Wild Rice Restaurant, whereas Flutes Living Room is the place to unwind and enjoy your favourite cocktail. For the health conscious, there is an outdoor swimming pool and a gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Low Cost Holidays, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Otel and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulevard Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Boulevard Hotel
- Boulevard Hotel Kuala Lumpur