“Clean room and comfortable bed” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel to your Saves list
The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur 59200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #55 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Clean room and comfortable bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and was assigned a smoking room. Quite remarkably the room did not have the typical moldy smell of smoking rooms. The bed was cozy and i slept very well. Usually i have trouble sleeping well when i'm not home. But the KL humidity lulled me to sleep quite quickly.
Located next to mid valley mall, there was no trouble finding places to eat.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Four or five years ago, I stayed at the Boulevard Hotel frequently while working in KL. Sad to say, it has gone sadly downhill. Still, it is situated over a mega-mall and is not too expensive. If you can put up with bad service and erratic air conditioning, it is probably a good deal. I will not be returning until their Halcyon days return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Love to stay in this hotel with friends because the rooms are nice and modern furnished, nice design bathroom. Good beds with nice bed linen and pillows, would like to try their breakfast one day because used to book this hotel online without breakfast promotion.

Good location as it is just right next to Mid Valley & The Gardens shopping centre. Easy access to any other places in KL area.

Tips : try to book rooms one month earlier from its direct website, you might able to spot the lowest room price offered by the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel's advantage is probably its location... It is literally next to one of the hugest malls in Malaysia - Midvalley Megamall! You just need to walk through a short little passageway and you will find yourself right smack in the mall itself! This proved itself immensely convenient for us as it was nice to just drag ourselves back to our rooms after a tiring day of shopping! The Gardens (another mall) is nearby, and between these two malls are a long strip of restaurants and bars which we found wonderful for late dinners and snacks.

Other than location, the rooms are clean and comfortable - service is good too! The morning breakfast is repetitive and can get boring (I stayed for 7 days) but overall its still pleasing. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is my 10th visit to the hotel, but my last 2 visits were not impressive with front office. We had to wait for 15 minutes for the check-in as reception could not find my pre-paid reservation. I was surprised that it happened last time too.

After she found my reservation, she told me she would upgrade me to the deluxe room. I was a bit annoying since I already pay for deluxe non-smoking room, but she told me my booking was superior but she upgraded for me. I didn't want to argue it since I would get the same type of room I have paid for.

When I went to the room, the room was on the smoking floor with smell in the room. I was upset and must complain to the manager. After that the manager changed us the room and gave us some complimentary to show her apologies. So I was a bit cool off. I did not want to make a big complaint, but I shall get what I have paid for. Anyway, the front manager handled the complaint well and satisfy the customer.

Bad experiences were not over. The maid did not refill any amenities, no shower gel or shampoo was refilled. Last night at 4 am, there was chemical smell in our room. I thought I was dreaming, but I woke up with my wife at 5 am. Then I opened the door to check the smell in the hallway, same smell was there too. I called the reception. She told me, there was renovation in the kitchen. So I asked that we need to open ventilation window as the chemical smell burns our noses. So the technician came up and sprayed refresher all the room. I must tell him to stop!!! I wanted to open ventilation window, do not spray anything in my room. He didn't stop? What the hell?

It took 1 hour before it gets fresher air. My wife and I want to go out of the hotel, but we decide not to. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed for second time, booked a deluxe room for one night but was upgraded to studio room. Surprise when check-in to the room. Spacious and great view from room. Room facilities is as good as 5 star hotel. Easy access (driving) to other places in KL city. Convenient for shopping as Mid Valley just downstair of the hotel. Also lot of restaurants within walking distance, need not worry about food when hungry. Breakfast is buffet style with variety of choices, love the coffee there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kuching
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

A regular at this hotel. Excellent location right next to Mid Valley Mega Mall. Transportation by taxi is the best if you don't mind paying. Otherwise KTM is walking distance through the mall. I strongly advise not to use the train during peak hours. Really congested and may have to squeeze through crowds.

I tried the suite for the first time yesterday and very pleased with the extra services for the tea and dinner at the executive lounge level 25. Room was very nice for the suite. Have stayed at the standard room many times before and find it good and clean also.

If you can afford it, i highly recommend the suite, as you can have free flow of drinks (incld. alcohol) at the lounge and free finger foods, so it will compensate on the additional cost.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!