“Great hotel, Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur 59200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #64 of 277 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
“Great hotel, Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Love to stay in this hotel with friends because the rooms are nice and modern furnished, nice design bathroom. Good beds with nice bed linen and pillows, would like to try their breakfast one day because used to book this hotel online without breakfast promotion.

Good location as it is just right next to Mid Valley & The Gardens shopping centre. Easy access to any other places in KL area.

Tips : try to book rooms one month earlier from its direct website, you might able to spot the lowest room price offered by the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel's advantage is probably its location... It is literally next to one of the hugest malls in Malaysia - Midvalley Megamall! You just need to walk through a short little passageway and you will find yourself right smack in the mall itself! This proved itself immensely convenient for us as it was nice to just drag ourselves back to our rooms after a tiring day of shopping! The Gardens (another mall) is nearby, and between these two malls are a long strip of restaurants and bars which we found wonderful for late dinners and snacks.

Other than location, the rooms are clean and comfortable - service is good too! The morning breakfast is repetitive and can get boring (I stayed for 7 days) but overall its still pleasing. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is my 10th visit to the hotel, but my last 2 visits were not impressive with front office. We had to wait for 15 minutes for the check-in as reception could not find my pre-paid reservation. I was surprised that it happened last time too.

After she found my reservation, she told me she would upgrade me to the deluxe room. I was a bit annoying since I already pay for deluxe non-smoking room, but she told me my booking was superior but she upgraded for me. I didn't want to argue it since I would get the same type of room I have paid for.

When I went to the room, the room was on the smoking floor with smell in the room. I was upset and must complain to the manager. After that the manager changed us the room and gave us some complimentary to show her apologies. So I was a bit cool off. I did not want to make a big complaint, but I shall get what I have paid for. Anyway, the front manager handled the complaint well and satisfy the customer.

Bad experiences were not over. The maid did not refill any amenities, no shower gel or shampoo was refilled. Last night at 4 am, there was chemical smell in our room. I thought I was dreaming, but I woke up with my wife at 5 am. Then I opened the door to check the smell in the hallway, same smell was there too. I called the reception. She told me, there was renovation in the kitchen. So I asked that we need to open ventilation window as the chemical smell burns our noses. So the technician came up and sprayed refresher all the room. I must tell him to stop!!! I wanted to open ventilation window, do not spray anything in my room. He didn't stop? What the hell?

It took 1 hour before it gets fresher air. My wife and I want to go out of the hotel, but we decide not to. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed for second time, booked a deluxe room for one night but was upgraded to studio room. Surprise when check-in to the room. Spacious and great view from room. Room facilities is as good as 5 star hotel. Easy access (driving) to other places in KL city. Convenient for shopping as Mid Valley just downstair of the hotel. Also lot of restaurants within walking distance, need not worry about food when hungry. Breakfast is buffet style with variety of choices, love the coffee there.

Kuching
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

A regular at this hotel. Excellent location right next to Mid Valley Mega Mall. Transportation by taxi is the best if you don't mind paying. Otherwise KTM is walking distance through the mall. I strongly advise not to use the train during peak hours. Really congested and may have to squeeze through crowds.

I tried the suite for the first time yesterday and very pleased with the extra services for the tea and dinner at the executive lounge level 25. Room was very nice for the suite. Have stayed at the standard room many times before and find it good and clean also.

If you can afford it, i highly recommend the suite, as you can have free flow of drinks (incld. alcohol) at the lounge and free finger foods, so it will compensate on the additional cost.

Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We arrived with 2 children (7&5) in tow at 1130pm after 13 hours of travel. To say the least we were all tired. Upon arrival at the hotel both children were asleep. Once we for the children in to the lobby the concierge helped my husband with the two boys to two chairs so they could keep sleeping. There was an issue with our booking instead having an executive interconnecting room we had two separate rooms. With the children being so young this was not acceptable, the reservations clerk was very accomadating and so was Andy the duty manager. They gave us e premier suit and it was large enough to house our family of 4 the pare cot arrived within 2 mins of entering the room. Breakfast is like a licorice all sorts (in a good way) the staff were delightful. Our stay here although a rocky start has been lovely. Housekeeping although requiring a little more attention to detail are very helpful and friendly. We will be claiming back for another stay in a few days and will home to be able to review this hotel again with 5 dots this time.

Room Tip: I would pay the extra and book the premier room but alas it's booked for our return trip.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Note that KL's traffic is such that if you need to be at a certain place at a certain time, the location of your hotel really matters. If you don't need to be at the KL city centre, Mid Valley is a location worth considering. Mid Valley City is to the west of the city centre and conveniently located for some of the suburban zones of Klang Valley. I've also stayed at Cititel, which is in the same complex, and this seems to be a little more upmarket.

No complaints. It was reasonably priced and everything was of a decent enough standard. Breakfast hint: no need to pay extra for the breakfast buffet if you are not a big eater, as there are enough options in the mall. There is a Toast Box (traditional soft-boiled eggs and kaya toast) just as you enter the mall from the hotel. And if you take the escalator down one level, there's an O'briens cafe for espresso drinks and Western breakfast sets. Both open at 8am.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!