“nothing special, bit strange spa” 3 of 5 stars

The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur 59200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #59 of 271 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
London
“nothing special, bit strange spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. It is close to the shopping mall which was OK. However, it is far from the central KL. The hotel itself is a business hotel for business men (many international companies who situated in Mega Mall). I went to their spa, but the atmosphere is totally different from the ones in normal hotels such as Sheraton or Istana in KL. The first thing I saw was several men were having tea in a dark room, and then the receptionist asked me, 'do you wanna massage? do you want me to send a girl to your room or you want to have it here, but you need to pay now'. They did not even have different types of massage. It is for men! The breakfast attempts to create 'international' foods, but compared to Sheraton/Istana, the quality was very low. The coffee was not good, and also other food seemed to be frozen food.

Room Tip: The room we stayed was very quiet. but nothing special.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
BE-Lim, General Manager at The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are located only 10 minutes away to central Kuala Lumpur which our concierge would be most obliged to assist you with various modes of transport out of Mid Valley City.

I have noted your experience at our tenant's men's spa outlet and will consult with their management to convey your comments on the massage packages available.

Your comments on our international breakfast section are taken note of and I will review the preparation. I understand you did not find the Nestle machine coffee to your liking but please do request for a freshly brewed bean coffee from the bar which we will be most happy to offer as an alternative. We are honoured to be compared to the 5 star Sheraton and Istana and will aspire to further surpass your expectations with our rooms refurbishment program getting underway this year.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Boulevard very soon. Our appreciation for choosing us as your hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards,

Boulevard Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Very pleasant hotel in central Kuala Lumpur. Great business facilities. Lovely pool, good buffet breakfast. Efficient friendly helpful staff. Spacious bedrrom. Great views.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BE-Lim, General Manager at The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on our hotel, service, its location and offerings and we aspire to further surpass your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Boulevard very soon. Once again, our appreciation for your kind comments.

KK, Sabah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is my second time staying here. Enjoyed the hotel location, the people in Concierge Team were friendly and helpful, the staff in Front Desk were great and smiley and the Housekeeping staff was courteous.

Our deluxe room was spacious, bed was comfortable and water pressure was excellent. My girl and husband spent two mornings in your pool area and they obviously had a great time there, clean pool.

Overall, this hotel meets our needs. In short, perfect location, clean and comfortable room and good staff. Keep up the good works and we shall be back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued support and your kind review on our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our staff and facilities have served you and your family well. We aspire to further surpass your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Boulevard very soon. Perhaps we all can enjoy some ice cream with your daughter at the poolside the next round. Once again, our appreciation for your kind comments.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

A really good place. I stayed there during my business's trip last year and simply love it. Booked it this Feb again for my business, still loving it. Location is very good with shopping and food everywhere. Most importantly, the firefly airport and my office are very near. Great!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued support and kind review on our hotel,its location and offerings in Mid Valley and we aspire to further surpass your expectations.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights for business. Room really comfortable, buffet breakfast seemed never-ending. Great service levels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind commendation on our hotel,service, its location and the breakfast and we aspire to further surpass your expectations.

Kochi, Kerala, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My family and i went to Kuala Lumpur last April and had a great time at the boulevard hotel. For the price we paid the room was pretty small for the 4 of us but we pushed the 2 beds together and managed. The rest of the hotel was wonderful especially the entrance from the lobby straight into the mall. Conveniently located(practically on the mall!) we had a great time shopping at the various different shops. The restaurant in the hotel was pretty good and also included a few options for us, vegetarians. The swimming pool and gym were also nice facilities.One of the nice things about the mall was that it had a laundry facility, so our dirty clothes were taken care of!! All in all it was a great hotel and we would definitely like to stay there again.

Room Tip: "Dont take the normal rooms if there are more than 2 people in your party"
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We booked a superior room which they upgraded to studio suite where we stayed for 2 nites. The room was really huge with a lot of amenities which were normally not available such as emery boards. Unfortunately they only give us 1 bottle of bath gel which is not enough for 2 pax to use. Mid valley and the Garden's mall is just right next to it so it was very convenient. However I would like to comment the road leading from The Garden's mall towards the hotel lobby is very dark. We were walking back after karaoke at 3am, all the shops are closed. Although the area is very safe, there are guards everywhere but still it will be better to light it up.

Although the bathroom was beautiful, the marble floor was easily flooded as the water from the shower overflowed outside the cubicle. I had slipped a couple of times and almost fell.

The breakfast was good with a lot of selections, although some of the food tasted weird such as cawanmushi and the mix juices, I loved the breakfast very much. Parking is at RM5 per entry, remember to park at Zone H where you dont have to walk very far. I had walked across the whole Midvalley mall just to get to the hotel since I parked at the wrong area. Overall I will recommend this hotel as the location is very good, a lot of food and entertainment, and most importantly it is more upmarket and not so dodgy as in some KL area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Boulevard-St Giles Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!