“Barely Meeting Expectations” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku

You added Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku to your Saves list
Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 23 Lorong Medan Tuanku Satu | Off Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur 50300, Malaysia   |
Ranked #95 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Barely Meeting Expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I usually stay at the Tune Hotel across the road when I'm in KL, but decided on the Prescott Inn this time as the prices were the same.

This hotel is a budget hotel and with that in mind, I lowered my expectations accordingly. However, even after that, there were some issues that were grating.

Let's start with the positives:
- The hotel is near the Medan Tuanku Monorail station, which makes it convenient getting to the shopping areas
- The hotel room was quieter than Tune Hotel, given that it is not located along the main road.
- The price was comparable to Tune Hotel with the add-ons.
- Comfortable beds
- Large but old and tired (but clean) rooms
- My room (even numbered rooms) had a nice view of KL Tower

Negatives:
- Customer service lacking. This is the first time I've encountered staff who make eye contact and then deliberately move away to avoid serving (and this was just to hand in the keycard to check-out!)
- Weak and non-adjustable air-conditioning which took forever to cool the room. In hot and humid KL, this is unacceptable.
- Shower area could be cleaner

If you're not fussy or just staying for a night, this hotel is passable. Otherwise, passover and consider something better. I won't be considering this hotel again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms on high floors have an unobstructed view of KL Tower. However, you get the after...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
kimchan83, Front Office Manager at Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Firstly, we thanked you for choosing our hotel as your destination. In view of your experience during your stay with us, we regret to find your stay was filled with unpleasant incidents and sincerely we would like to apologise to you.
In addition, we do constantly upgrade our services towards our guest by sending our staff for training and we also do have our quality assurance who will be checking the quality and standards all the time.
We will be greatly appreciate if you can sent us the details where we will be able to assist us to address our shortcomings urgently. It can be sent to my email address at kcyap@theeverlygroup.com. Hopefully we will be able to listen from you again. Once again, thanks for sharing your staying experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is the first time we traveled with two small children without a car and public transport is very necessary. Hence, the location close to the monorail is very helpful to us as well as within walking distance to shopping centers. Hotel staff was very helpful and service was also satisfactory. Probably will come back to this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel is standard its in an easy accessible area, with the monorail and Malay Bank atms around the corner costing 2.10RM to go to KL Sentral.

However! be warned - you will not receive any form of customer service in this hotel. You're on your own. The hotel tried telling me that I could not change my departure date and that they were going to charge me the full length of stay!!! and that it was booking.com who was going to charge me the full length of stay. I was not impressed
In the end I sorted out, however required me calling booking.com and informing of the situation.

I even had to argue with the reception to take my laundry. I wanted to hand my laundry in at 2200 so that it was at reception for the 1000 pick up the next day as I was going to be out. The RECEPTIONIST REFUSED ?? I asked her why? it just seemed that they did not want to have to remember to give in the pick up.

As I say if you just want somewhere to sleep and don't want any help ON ANYTHING!! Then the Prescott Inn is OK

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good place to stay if you are working with a budget. Stayed with three other friends. We arrived early so they only had one bedroom free, which they let us occupy until the adjacent one was ready. We got two deluxe bedrooms joined together with a door between us. We asked for it to be unlocked so we could open it up and talk to each other. Had a little trouble with the internet signal since we were located in a corner room. But the lobby internet worked fine on our devices. Breakfast was included in our deal but it was a set menu.
Less than 5 minute walk from the monorail so it was in a convenient location. Enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed for a night, coz of work, the hotel was ok. The 1st room aircon wasnt cooling so we changed to other room.
The breakfast was less variety and not good at all.
location also not good, very far from city, good only if you wanna spend a night waiting for ur next flight.

Room Tip: Bigger room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Prescott Inn for three nights. This is a budget property, but the room allocated to me was clean and comfortable. While not in the centre of town, the bright lights of Bukit Bintang are only a couple of stops away by the (always crowded) monorail. The nearest monorail station (Medan Tuanku) is only two minutes’ walk from the PI's front door. Breakfast is included in the room tariff - but this is a pretty basic meal and you would not be missing much by skipping it and dining elsewhere. I must compliment at staff at the PI who were always pleasant and helpful. The guy on the front desk insisted in carrying my bag to the taxi when I left. The staff in the cafe and the lady servicing the room always had a friendly smile. In contrast to the comments of other reviewers, I had no problem at all with the in-room Wi-Fi (except for a rather tedious log-in procedure). You can spend a lot more on accommodation in KL - especially if you are looking for a pool, quality food and bar facilities and a more central location. However for the price I paid (booked through AirAsia), I thought that the PI was very good value. One final tip, though; taxi drivers did not seem familiar with the hotel - so a print-out of the map would be a good idea or tell them to get to the Medan Tuanku station first.

Room Tip: I think that the upper floors have nicer views. The nearby streets and laneways are a bit grotty.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
kimchan83, Manager at Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Sprintlane,

We look forward to welcome you back again on your next visit to KL again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here for 2nights for less than RM200 :) Very easy access to monorail and many restaurants around. With the amount of money i paid, i cannot ask much. All the basic amneties are there. I was given free wifi access during my 2 nights stay and it was perfect for my work. Don't expect this is a 4/5 star hotel. Breakfast was a bit dissapointed but its ok for me since i did not really ate much for breakfast. It is really value for your money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Faqhroll,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in our hotel. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and all arrangements in the hotel is up to your expectation. For the shortcomings, we will strive our best to continue to upgrade our service that will be able to meet your expectation.

We look forward to welcome you back again on your next visit to KL again.

Been to Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku? Share your experiences!