“Dirty dirty dirty!! Don't be fooled by the online pics!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of K Hotel

You added K Hotel to your Saves list
K Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   142 - 146, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur 50100, Malaysia (Formerly Kowloon Hotel)   |
Ranked #174 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dirty dirty dirty!! Don't be fooled by the online pics!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Booked the night before online through Agoda as from the pics it looked nice & sounded central. Location wise, it's on a very busy road which thankfully you can't hear from inside, it's 5 mins walk to the nearest metro/LRT and there's lots of good places to eat nearby.

The reception area has been recently renovated, a theme which certainly hadn't continued through to any of the rooms I seen. We were given a triple room on the 4th floor, it was dark, dingy & smelled of damp. We discovered the shower curtain was black with mould, the carpets were stained & extremely dusty (see pic), the walls were filthy (see pic) & the ac was as loud as a steam train. Upon going down to reception to ask if there was another room available I was shown one of similar ilk. I explained to the gentleman that we weren't happy with the room & that it was dirty, he came in to have a look and couldn't get out quick enough muttering he'd "see what could be done". We then received a phone call saying that all they were willing to do was remove the shower curtain. GREAT!

When we checked out the next day I was ready to offer my constructive feedback (ie. disappointment!), however the female at reception, who I believe was the owner could not have been more rude to us. She spoke to us as though we were stupid, and then when I asked her a question, she didn't even acknowledge I'd spoken to her, instead she turned to her colleague & began conversing in another language blatantly ignoring us. A course in customer service is required I think.

Don't make the mistake we did & pay to stay here, go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to K Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about K Hotel

Address: 142 - 146, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur 50100, Malaysia (Formerly Kowloon Hotel)
Location: Malaysia > Wilayah Persekutuan > Kuala Lumpur
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Spa Suites
Ranked #174 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Hotel Class:2.5 star — K Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your K Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage K Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.