“in the centre of everything” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kuala Lumpur International Hotel

Kuala Lumpur International Hotel
You added Kuala Lumpur International Hotel to your Saves list
Kuala Lumpur International Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, Kuala Lumpur 50300, Malaysia   |
Ranked #73 of 278 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“in the centre of everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

stayed here with the family; two kids. the best thing is its location to everywhere since I drove my car. it is in the middle of things and it took me 10 minutes to get to KLCC, centre of KL and the monorail/public transport is only 1 block away. parking is free too.

it is in kampung baru and behind the hotel, around the mosque, there is a myriad of stalls, restaurants there stretches as far as the eye can see. we just walked every night sampling different spots. breakfast is simple but ample.

rooms are good size but sparse. a bit dated on the trimmings. if you want somewhere that is convenient and in the middle of KL, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

I have to say I love this hotel for its rooms!
To me and my dearest cousin whom I stayed with for one night it was the best 2 teenagers on tight budget can get. On the eve of New year, we were lucky to even be in a hotel room :)

Anyway, we tried calling them since but it was too late the hotel was closed. We reached KL about 6am in the morning, we called the reception to inform them that there was an error in their website and they were not flexible enough to refund us the money. Somehow booking online, please be careful that the date might changed itself and you will be charged more. We were charged one day extra for that. So called from 7am all the way until 12pm trying to find a solution to that problem, all we get is a lady putting us on hold and hung up. We called again and again BUT she did it every time we called for that whole 5 hours. We were pissed off by then.

When we finally checked in the hotel, we finally got our question answered. We cannot be refunded because we did not inform them earlier. Crazy huh? That's when I decide to charge back because we couldn't care less either. (Somehow Malaysians always had something with Singaporeans - Not sure what & why) HAD the BEST NIGHT SLEEP EVER thanks to the ever best air conditioned room and bath and the best beds. Even though its a new year, we weren't really party-goers who party all night and start our new year wasted in bed.

Asides from the check in service, the food was not bad. I've seen better but its a good value for money and efforts were put in :) Overall, we had a pleasant time because its only a day there. I can't say more because I didn't explore... This hotel can do better I'm sure hopefully in the future :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Colombo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

We were a group of four adults + 1infant and had a wonderful trip in KUL.

Although we arrived in the morning, we were given a room within 1/2 hour. They were nice to offer us the room without any additional charges (for early check-in). We shared a family room. It was clean but the bathroom was quite old & had seen better days..

Room price is on BB basis & they do serve a good breakfast. Has options for vegetarians as well.

Hotel is about 10 mts drive away from Petrona Towers & easy to organize your tour from this hotel. I got a taxi also arranged through front desk to go to genting highlands. Reception staff were rude sometimes & not the most helping kind.

Overall, it was a good expereience & definetly good value for the money. Good budget hotel for the money that you pay.

• Liked — Close to lot KL city
  • Disliked — Staff who were rude & unhelpful
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

I had a wonderful experience last december when i visited Kuala Lumpur. I made a room reservation at Kuala Lumpur International Hotel via their website and was expecting that it was just another ordinary hotel. BUt to my surprise, it turned out that they gave me more that what i thought i could get from my stay there.

One of the things that i loved the most about this hotel is the premier location it has. It gave me easy access to every tourist destination in the city as it is just a few minutes away from places like petronas towers, eye of malaysia, etc. The room where i stayed was exceptional also. It was clean and neat and spacious. Services and facilities were brilliant as well. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Overall, i must say that Kuala Lumpur International Hotel is something to recommend to friends. I would love to come back to KL and stay at this hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kuala Lumpur International Hotel? Share your experiences!