“Do Not Stay Too Long Here– You May Not Be Able to Enjoy it-” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #14 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Stockholm
“Do Not Stay Too Long Here– You May Not Be Able to Enjoy it-”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We have stayed in Hilton a couple of time. The truth is the longer you stay, you will be more disappointed. Let me tell you.

My Fiancée & I usually stay in Hilton when we get to KL only because it close to our appointment we have with the local company. We never want to stay more that 2nights here. The couple of time was okay.

Several time we have complained about the service at the bar at the Lobby – after having order 3 bottles, we have to services our self – which was no problem, but with 5-8 floor personal on the floor looking round and when we order a bottle of sparkling water the female bartender slapping down the glass. For me this is not the first timeo know what
So, finally someone came to pour our fine which was about to finish 3bottle, we just told them is not accepted services here.

Next thing you know when you check-out notes are made about your complain at the front desk and someone or floor reservation manager with his Suit & Tie come to apologize. What for, I personally got not only 1 apologies More to come.

Our last trip was back in July, on this trip my fiancée and I decide to explore more of Malaysia and I check in earlier and my finacee was coming on another flights. (But I can’t understand if a reservation is made with both name, why do they give such hassle, to woman, plus I have already stay there several times) I am sick of this one!

Nevertheless with executive check in I got my room. The following day we were planning our last minute holiday by our self ande told the floor manage that we will check outt tomorrow and come back in 4days – please reserved the room for us.
And our return, they only show my finacee name for 1 person. What is executive service? For man only?

Back to the lobby bar again- same attitude happen, we just can’t talk this anymore and order room services instead.

My finacee had to extend his stay in Hilton because of business meeting. I tell you..
We hang a sign outside the door “Do Not Disturb” and with the light.. House keeping knocks and came in. This is the first time.

The next day my fiancée had to go to meeting first and I will check out later, my fiancée had advised the front desk, I will check out later, and we meet at the airport. Unbelievable, the house keeping knock door and I asked him do you not see the “Do not Disturb Sign” he say yes, but it time to check out and it only at 8am in the morning.
I told him to please check with front desk. Instead he is standing arguing with me.
I called “Magic Sevice” and complained

This is when I pack my bag and get out of this place, I could not stay a second more. Back to check out! Same a note was made, a manager come to say sorry. What for? To often, to many apologies.

My last comments is Malaysia is a multi-culture places and with different kind of people.
Is there a problem that Hilton has that my fiancée is western and I am Asian?

Beside unwelcoming women, bad bar service, rude house keeping. Unpleasant stay..
Rude housekeeping entering your room

My last trip I tried another hotel Dorchester in Bukit Bintang – not 5 star.. I can tell you I had the best 5 nights there,
1. Check in – no problem had all our names
2. Bell boys don’t wear gloves – but helpful with a smile
3. Every morning the lobby staff & teams say hello to each of
4. When we got in the taxi – the front manage went o open the door for us and had a smile the whole time we where there.
5. We keep our suitcase they – but unlike Hilton- they all waiting for tip before to take your bag- here everyone smile and ask where are you going & have a good time,
6. Alright is not so fancy – but overall you do feel comfortable and welcome.
7. Room was simple – clean- friendly service – also location in the heart of everything

We went to the Latino Bar with Wine & Cigars – had our wine with good service.

Hilton staff should learn not to judge people by their appearance. Here is a tips for Hilton Manager- Director …to improve

1. Have the bell boy remove their glove – if they really have intention to help guest with the bags

2. Front Desk Check In Counter – Don’t be so prejudices against women– They are many great and powerful women, who dress casual,

3. Executive Floor – should improve on listen well and pay attention.

4. Lobby Bar – “Wine Section” don’t be so snobby – they are people who can afford to have a drinks – but no customers should put up with attitude – after all we are paying additional Plus + Plus + for your service charges for “what service?”

5. House Keeping – should be fired not only to enter the guest room & no apologizing & arguing with guest – our wine glass from the 2 days old room service remain uncollected.

6. What is included & excluded – first day you give fresh fruit – after a next day ..and next.. rotten fruits. that been sitting there. no replacement (For us is not important

7. Executive Floor Privilege – No smoking allow – The lobby food had more selection and choice than here. (Only different is more quiter)

8.Manager – Stop read notes and come out of your hiding -Take off your tie and start working with each department and improve the conditions.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Our first stop was Kuala Lumpur, so we thought we would splurge a bit on the Hilton hotel. As soon as we arrived, I was left in awe. The rooms are absolutely stunning, clean, really large and the bathroom was spectacular. The views you get from the room are gorgeous, we seriously could of spent the whole night in our room just admiring the surroundings. The other positive of staying here is definitely the swimming pool, its massive, you almost feel like your on a tropical island.

The only negative, which I had to dig deep for was the pillows, they were very soft and you almost feel like your sinking every-time you move your head around.

Besides that, awesome hotel, would highly recommend it to all if your looking at spending a little and splurging.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bremen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

This place is exactlzy what we wanted in KL. Would recomend to everyone.....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

One of the hotel's best asset is its fantastic location. With a direct access to the station and the Express train to the airport (KLIA Express) it is only 40 minutes away from the airport. Check-in is possible at the station for several airlines including Cathay Pacific and of course MAS.

The Hilton shares facilities including a superb swimming pool with the Meridien, its sister hotel. Customers staying at either of the hotels can share restaurants, expanding significantly the range of options for dining (Japanese restaurant, Arabic restaurant, buffet).

Service is quite efficient, especially room service. Breakfast was served in the room only ten minutes after ordering.

Rooms are very spacious and well designed. The desk is functional with several plugs and Internet connections on the side and a specific lighting.

Sliding doors give access to the bathroom.

However, some rooms would need renovation as light colored wood floors appear to be worn out.

Overall the Hilton is a great place to stay in Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We started our Malaysia trip here. Great hotel just behind the Sentral Station. We booked the executive floor so had a great room with a stunning view and extra's like having wine and snacks free in the lounge in the afternoon etc. We enjoyed this very much and nice to have contact the same time with other travelers. Restaurants are also very good and swimming pool and service everywhere great. We are very enthousiastic about this great start.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Barcelona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

Stayaed there for 2 nights. Good hotel with several "but"s.

1) No free internet these days in such quality and price hotels is amazing.
2) I printed my boarding passes in the business room. 2 computers were not working. Wasted 15 minutes waiting the problem to be fixed and they still charged me 4 Ringitt (0,8€) without an apology.
3) Had dinner with some guests in the "Senses" restaurant. Very slow when serving food, but food is excellent by all means (and not cheap). However, still had to pay 5 Ringit (1€) for the car parking of my guests, after a 120€ dinner. Anybody understands this ridiculous policy?
4) When checking out the night before, as I was catching an early flight and seeing the morning lines for check out I wanted to avoid, I asked the reception people to put 2 rooms in one bill. The mess I created by asking that made me wait (me and my colleague) for 45 minutes while 3 persons at the reception tried to solve the problem. At the very end, when I suggested them that if I were them I would, as a gesture for having kept us waiting for so long, waive some charges of the bill, such as laundry or airport taxi, they stared at me simply apologizing again. Once back in my room, they called me to offer..... a bottle of wine, when I was about to go to bed totally pissed off and a bottle of wine is not really the best thing to carry in one's luggage when flying.
In any case, serious personnel policies would prevent me for staying there again, to my regret as the facilities and my room was very nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Very luxurious and comfortable. Highly recommended if you can get a good deal on price. Nothing much you can walk to from the hotel, but public transport is excellent.

Positives

Extremely clean, comfortable and luxurious, the best of our trip
Very cheap deal booked in advance ($65 per night inc tax and breakfast)
Excellent breakfasts
Very friendly helpful staff
Great pool
Linked to the main station, so great for airport transfer and (cheap) trains to KL sights
Wife gives special commendation to bed and towels!

Negatives

Rip-off prices for their services ($15 for a large beer, $2.50 for a local phone call)
Can't walk anywhere from the hotel (but public transport cheap and easy)
They overcharged us on our bill, so check!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!