“Away from city centre but with great transport links” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #12 of 270 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Away from city centre but with great transport links”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at Hilton KL for a night. Renovations were reaching the last stages, so the interior and restaurants on the ground floor were not great. We saw some of the renovated front desks revealed the next day and thought that it was a shame that we arrived a week earlier as it would be great to experience the hotel post renovations. That being said, the front desk check in was smooth given the constraints they were working under.

We stayed in an Executive room and it was very comfortable. I haven't stayed in a Deluxe room so can't compare and say whether it is worth paying extra for it. We dined at the Japanese restaurant and had an enjoyable experience. Saw the pool side BBQ and thought that we will try that the next time.

Hilton KL is great for those who don't want to be living in the city centre, yet there is great transport links to get to most places.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your dining experience at our Japanese restaurant - Iketeru and have share your comments with the team.

I am also delighted to hear that you would be coming back to try our poolside BBQ buffet. Kindly be informed that the BBQ buffet is available every Friday and Saturday evenings from 7:00pm until 10:30pm. Please feel free to contact our Dining Reservations team to assist with your reservation.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Daniel Welk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Yesterday we came to KL and checked in to Hilton. After we arrived at KLIA we were wondering how to reach Hilton. We were told to take the KLIA express till KL Sentral and then call the hotel for a pick up. ON KLIA express while taking to a co-passenger I was told that the Hotel is just outside KL Sentral station and we reached without any problem. Excellent loaction, great and very helpful staff and in total, a very nice place to stay. Highly recommended. The Executive lounge is also a great place to be when you come back tired after sigh seeing KL. A cool "Oasis" after KL's humidity.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lake facing room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that you found the location and service of the hotel to your satisfaction and have shared your comments with the team.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very nice Hilton, with all you could ask for in a hotel, right in mid town Kuala Lumpur. Good sized rooms, with a great bathroom and luxurious shower bath. Good multi device wifi in the rooms. Excellent breakfast and a beautiful pool area and spa which is shared with the neighboring hotel La Meridien, which also has very good steak house and also an Italian restaurant.
Hilton is right next to the train station with easy, fast and cheap access to all parts of KL including a direct train to the great and nove tourist attraction of Batu Cave.
Staff here are very friendly and overall an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: All seem good
Dear George,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for sharing your review! It is certainly a pleasure to hear that our team took care of you and you found the hotel's location and amenities to your liking.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you back when your travel brings you to the area again!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel provided excellent service and food even during construction.
We were in this hotel in early January and we went for a brief tour of Langkawi and came back,the construction was in full force but except for a few minor discomforts you could not tell.
The food was excellent.the Executive Lounge had amazing Goodies every day.
The Breakfast was just incredible in the mornings.
We are going back to the same Hotel in April,2013.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the Park side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Mike,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is certainly a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back again in April.

Until then, safe travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed there for only one night because we needed a hotel close to the train station so we didnt really expect much. However we loved our big spacious room with the huge bathroom! The robes and matching slippers were very pretty. The staff was superfriendly. We had dinner at the chinese restaurant. It was pricey but good.

Room Tip: We had a room with a great view over the lake.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Kai,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you found the amenities of the property to your liking and that our team took such good care of you.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Warfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I usually stay next door at Le Meridien and thought I might be missing out on something by not staying at the Hilton that always seemed to have a bit more buzz about it. So, I have just spent a week at the hotel at a conference and was very disappointed. Firstly, there is a refurb taking place and that is always a "danger" sign. Very long waiting times for the lifts at almost any time of day. On the first day, the water was mid- brown as a result of some work on the water tanks. The room had not been cleaned thoroughly and there were obvious signs of the previous occupant. I mentioned this to the Duty Manager who had Housekeeping re-clean the room and he assured me that the water would clear in a matter of hours.
The room was small and the dark wood showing signs of wear and tear. Just looked a bit shabby and tired. A nice big bathroom that was well-appointed but disproportionately big compared to bedroom. The TV was a huge widescreen jobbie but could not be turned-off from the remote control, I had to fumble to find the off button under the TV if I wanted to avoid an all-night grey glow in my room. The wi-fi is also very weak and I could not do any online calls using it.
The food was nothing special either during the meeting or when I used Room Service. The one redeeming feature is the pool and poolside bar that is great for a city centre hotel and connects with Le Meridien. The service was hit and miss as was whether any of the staff acknowledged your existence or not.
Having read some of the reviews on here, I have a sense that I may have been very unlucky or have very different expectations. However, next time I arrive in KL by the KLIA Express, I will not be making a by conscious decision not to take the door on the left into the Hilton but go right into Le Meridien.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Alan,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your review and to highlight the issues to our attention.

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss this incident with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again.

General manager
Beresford, South Dakota, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I planned to stay at this hotel, and upon entering found a multi-story granite lobby that was extremely loud...from the restaurant, crowds of people, and construction. It was not the kind of placed I had hoped to find after a busy day of business meetings. After yelling across the desk at reception, the bellboy took my bags to my room, but could not answer questions, as his English was extremely poor. Room was small, dark, and overlooked a construction site. I decided I didn't want to stay here and told front desk, who didn't even seem to care that I was leaving. I moved to the JW Marrriott. After their construction is complete, I hope they improve, as this is close to my business meetings.

Dear Peter,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including places of improvement. Please accept my most sincere apologies on the frustration and disappointment that you had to face during your visit.

The team and I hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience upon completion of the renovation. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Daniel Welk

Been to Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!