“Good Place to Stay With Young Kids” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #10 of 261 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
“Good Place to Stay With Young Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel staff was accommodating and friendly. I asked for baby cot and to my surprise I was offered the bottle warmer & sterilizer as well! The king size bed comes with 5 soft pillow and one extra pillow. The room service food was great too. It would be perfect if they have playground or more of shallow water play at kids pool. The place is quite a distance from airport but about 10 min to half hour away from major shopping centers. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

Warm greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time tos hare your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel again.

1,644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the most wonderful stay at this hotel. I was a little concerned about its close proximity to the train station, but I really didn't have to worry. Room was really luxurious and super comfortable, service outstanding, and location most convenient for getting around KL. Zeta bar at night is a must!! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Warm greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When the KL Hilton first opened, it was considered as a prime 6* hotel. It's centrally located between KL and PJ with the KL Central station just within walking distance away. Unfortunately, after a couple of years, the hotel clearly can do with some works. The check-in staff were busy chatting away when clearly guests were queuing up to check-in. While it's great the hotel upgraded me to a better corner room with a sweeping view of PJ (it faces the highway so there was not much of a view), the room gave a lingering urine smell. It turned out that the toilet had a leaking problem and had not been fixed. Even with a whopping price of RM600+++ for a room, all guests had to pay extra for broadband and WIFI connection and the rate is exorbitant.

The hotel buffet breakfast had a very large spread and selection. When I simply wanted a piece of toast with peanut butter, they did not have any peanut butter and it took them almost 22 minutes to retrieve peanut butter from the kitchen. The waiting staff, again, were just busy chatting away. Most of them can't seem to be able to understand English and requests from the guests and can definitely benefit from training. The breakfast was exorbitant at RM78+++ per person (considering I only had a piece of toast and coffee).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 18, 2013

Warm greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff and, we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We have addressed these issues with our team. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you again.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Things I loved about the Hilton KL:
The location - one stop on the train from Petaling St, a few stops on the monorail to Pavilion mall - the best of both worlds of shopping in KL. The hotel is in Little India and is surrounded by Indian restaurants (my favourite). Direct access to the airport as you are directly on top of the train station and LCCT bus terminus
The service - impeccable
Rooms - large, lots of storage space, comfortable

When I was there, they were renovating the lobby which affected the buffet breakfast. It was still great - hot, fresh, varied - but I think it is usually better. So I will definitely be back to try it again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Warm greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for your comments and are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Near to KL Sentral. If you are taking KLIA, this is the nearest hotel. Besides it is Le Meridian. As my office is a few stops from KL Sentral, this hotel offers convenience in terms of proximity. Room is clean except having some problems trying to tune the air con. The lobby is under renovation currently; otherwise a quiet place good for business meetings. Breakfast spread is good; staff is attentive.

• Stayed February 2013

Gibraltar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights here with work recently, it was my first time in KL and this Hotel's location made life very easy indeed, located right outside the KL Sentral station I found it immediately after arriving off the KLIA Express train. They found me a room even though I was checking in four hours early, this was most appreciated. Service is efficient but on the laid back side (This is not NYC!!), staff very friendly and relaxed (like most Malaysians) and they did very well to cater for my every need. The Hotel Bar "Zeta" just happens to be one of the best bars in KL and was buzzing on the Saturday night while I was there, I was travelling alone but soon met plenty of people to chat and drink with, great vibe! I will definitely stay here on my next visit to KL!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 19, 2013

San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'll start off by mentioning that the Hilton KL is in a great location adjacent to the Central Train Station which has available the Klia Express train which you board right at KL International Airport and takes 28 minutes to arrived at the Central Station. You may also board the LRT-Light Rail Transit to take you to most locations in the city including the Petronas Towers from the station. There is also a Monorail available but you have to walk a couple hundred yards to get to. As for the Hilton it self, they are renovating the Lobby and it's a loud and messy place. Wi-Fi was complementary in the lobby but again,couldn't get much work done due to the work going on. Ask for free wi-fi in room but was denied due to being a Silver Honors instead of Gold member. Was ask what I thought of my stay by an employee,shared with them my disappointment that they would not help me out in my request for Wi-fi,room was great, service and staff were good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Jim,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. I am truly sorry to hear that you were not assisted on the inconvenience you faced with the WiFi. Please rest assured that I have addressed this issue with our staff.

The team and I hope that despite this disappointment, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Daniel Welk

Been to Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!