“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 274 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel really knows how to take care of you. I regularly stay here during my business trip but during my stay in August I was totally amazed and the great treatment I got. Everyone helped my kids with every whim and fancy of theirs. The room upgrade was very nice but the bouquet of flowers as well as the cake for my daughters' birthday party was really felt by all of us. When my younger daughter met with an accident the everyone was so concerned about her. I have seen many good hotels but this hotel has people who cares from their heart. I surely will return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I am pleased to know that you had a remarkable stay with us and you will return to visit us again! Your positive comments will definitely encourage all to give our best and to strive for excellence in providing the finest to our guests. I thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Daniel Welk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

While the location is a bit further out than other hotels we loved the fact it was so close to public transport. We were able to explore the city via train, plus getting to and from the airport was super easy using the express train. The pool area was lovely and all meals we ate were delicious. The room service menu was one of the best we have seen and the beds were very comfortable, plus a great bathroom. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your positive comments, we are very happy to hear you had a great experience stay with us. On behalf of the team, we thank you for your support

Do stay with us again whenever travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Take care and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely hotel, good location, amazing service. Could not expect any more. The hotel was clean, fresh and all staffs were extremely polite. You guys did a great job. Thanks and highly recommend to those planing to visit KL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will definitely pass on your comments to the hotel team members.

All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We got ourselves this Hilton Free one night stay voucher compliments of Hilton Club membership in Malaysia. A few days prior to arriving, we made a booking for 2 adults for a Twin Sharing Bed and Non-Smoking room. Upon arrival, The reception told us that the hotel is fully booked when we gave our name for the booking, and when we showed the SMS confirmation the receptionist acted as if she saw wrongly ... so the check in was very slow going which was alright to say the least. However upon entering the room .. we were given a Double Bed in a smoking room! And when we call the Reception asking why we were given this room when we booked a Twin Sharing Room plus non smoking room!

So we were asked to allow 1 1/2 hours time for them to prepare the new room for us. Came the time, we were asked to to wait another 1/2 hours and came 2 hours in total, we were asked to wait for another 10 minutes which I was pissed beyond and decided to go down to the reception only to find that the room was ready all along but no one knew about it! So it was really exhausting to wait for our rooms!!!

.... but after getting the room, going for a swim and spa. All those troubles were soon washed away by the Hydro Therapy at the swimming pool. We enjoyed ourselves, the pool, the hydro therapy, the spa and the jacuzzi + cold plunge. very relaxing. And the food at Sudu was awesome!

Not to mention the relaxing showers in the room, made all those troubles felt it was worth the effort. But imagine if I was a paying customer and had to go through all that ordeal. No guest should go through what we went through!

Beds are little hard for my taste, pillows were ok. Felt that the air conditioning were not cold and the setting was a little screwed up. Had to wait hours for it to cool down to 20' degrees which was not we anticipated. Thank goodness for the good rainy weather.

I would definitely go back there for a retreat, but I also hope that I won't have to go through the ordeal again!

Room Tip: If you're thinking of Le Meridian or Hilton HHonors, go for Hilton .. the experience is beyond w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First of all let me thank you for providing us your feedback via Trip Advisor. I realize this took time out of your day and for that I am appreciative.

Your constructive comments have been shared with the team for improvement on areas where we did not meet your expectations - please accept our apologies.

Nevertheless, we hope this experience did not deter you from supporting us again. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back.

KUALA LUMPUR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

They upgrad my room on first night,very nice . but the traffic so far to Twin Tower.
I ask them delay my room check out time at 2:40 ,He anwer me like machine reply, No smile; just answer "1 o'clock" ...again and again.
In the morning I want to take some fruit, But no fork to take the fruit, I ask a waitress, said wait , and wait 10 mins after diapear ,noboby give me,and other waiter star to close the fruit table at 10:40 .
Finally I ask another chinese waitress,she gave me a fork ,then I can take some fruit ,also the floor so dirty and chair; I wait for coffer 15 mins.
I don't believe that they have 4-5 stars ?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay.

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss this isolated incident with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Your feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings. I will definitely pass on your comments to the hotel team members.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights in KL. Location is very good and this is the number one reason the hotel is so incredibly busy.

Stayed on the Executive floor, rooms were disappointingly small. Colleague on a regular floor compared and his room was actually bigger. The room actually had ants, so gets a point against for cleanliness.

Lounge area on Exec floor is nice and service was excellent.

Pool and service was good, fun water slide.

Wifi at the pool, big positive point for the hotel. That said, connection is quite slow in the rooms.

Not sure I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for your support and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. I have shared your comment with our Executive Housekeeper and will definitely work on areas where need to be improved. For your kind information, we have different room sizes on all floors and on your next visit do let our reservations know of your room preference and we will be happy to accord it to you.

Once again, it is with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards. We look forward to welcoming you home soon.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very convenient to get to from the hotel via the KLIA express train which gets you right next door to the Sentral station from where you can literally walk thru to the hotel. The staff are very friendly and have a quick and effecient reception. If you have business or shopping on the agenda, it is very well connected by public transport be it the LRT, Mono rail, taxis etc. The breakfast has amazing variety and truly energizes your day. The rooms are modern and with good amenities. Would recommend the lake side room vies as opposed to the city view. Good restaurants/ bar/ coffee shop and the best part is the service with a smile. It is next door to the Meridian and has an advantage that one could eat there and get it charged on the Hilton bill. If you have the Hilton Honors, it gives you rates and check out advantages. A hotel truly representing the brand name.

Room Tip: Ask for the lake garden view and not the city view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, with all of its different amenities, and that our hotel is conveniently located next to the Sentral station. I am also very happy to hear you found our staff helpful and friendly but most importantly our services met with your expectations.

We truly value your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Daniel Welk

Been to Hilton Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!