We had two rooms when we stayed here, one for my mom and dad, and one for my sister and I. When we booked, the travel agent specified for the rooms to be next to each other, yet when we got there we were told that this wasn't available, but luckily we were still on the same floor.
The location of the hotel is great, two major shopping centres can be access just by crossing the street. There is also wonderful views out the windows.
The staff here were not friendly at all. We stayed here after staying 10 nights in the Shangri La Tanjung Aru Resort in Kota Kinabalu, and the service here was nothing compared to there. At the Shangri La, whenever you walked past a staff member they would smile and greet you, whereas at the Park Royal, the only person who greeted anyone was the housekeeper on the floor we were staying at (#17).
The bathroom was by far one of the worst parts of the hotel. The shower is in the bath, and it is not even a bath that is designed for being a shower as well. It is a hassle to turn on as you have to pull this little thing up so it doesn't just come out the bath tap, and a few times the thing would just not work. Also, EVERY time someone has a shower, the bath leaks and you end up having to use one of the towels they provide to mop it up.
The breakfasts at the hotel were all right, but nothing too special. There is a section where you can get omlettes/eggs cooked, however the person cooking seems incapable to be able to cook past a certain time, which is good if you like raw eggs, but if you want your eggs cooked you have to ask a few times for them to cook it longer.
This hotel is in a wonderful location, and should improve themselves dramatically.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel