“a satisfying experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“a satisfying experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in a deluxe double room. The room was comfortable, clean, spacious and well laid out. The bed was comfortable. The service in general was courteous. The breakfast selection was huge with options ranging from Oriental to English. Unfortunately the service was not that great, slow at the table and even sloppy. To add to this annoyance was a wakeup call on our first night attributed to miscommunication. But, on the whole we enjoyed our stay. The location was fantastic, right in the middle of tourist attractions - shopping malls, cinemas, roadside cafes, metro station and of course the twin tower, a short walk along a covered tunnel. Would love to come back.

Room Tip: there are about 20 floors, choose one as high up as possible and preferably facing the front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a shopping fanatic, this is the place to be, very close to everything you would ever need!!!! The rooms are spacious and view are great, the gym and pool a must. When visiting KL for a few days - stay at ParkRoyal

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at the Parkroyal for 4 nights 5 days. Am very very disappointed with the level of customer service offered, reception and concierge staff we found very unhelpful. Each time a request was made, especially room service, had to follow up 2 to 3 times to get needs met. Restaurant staff we found were most friendly.

Best way to get around use monorail. There is also the KL bus (in light pink color) free service. There is the green and blue routes, helps to get around to most attracts e.g pavallion, Petronius tower, kl tower, etc. if need taxi, just walk up the street and get one yourself. Asked from concierge advice to get to petaling street and was recommended a taxi for $15! However retun trip home from petaling st to hotel was only $5! What a joke!

rooms seem a little tired. Carpets faded. Furniture has loss of color. More like a basic 3 1/2 or 4 star hotel. Beds quite hard. Public areas e.g. Foyer, restaurant and gym/pool looked amazing. What is shame because location of the hotel is excellent. Sadly this is not a hotel we would return to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was worried I must admit, I usually stay at The Grand Milleuium, but they where doing renovations so I thought I'd stay here...Ok i dont think its 5 star standards I stayed In the Orchid rooms, they had a dated club room, food was ok, but service was great,The resturaunts around are nice to eat at, but I travel to KL every 3 months so I prefer the street food,
The rooms where ok too, they where clean and big bathrooms, the towels felt a bit ummm cheap,
Beds where big and comfy, Location was perfect to all shopping and right next to Lot 10.
Yes I'll be back in Feb, You guys have won me over,..
Look forward to seeing you soon.
ps and a big hello to the aust couple having there 20th wedding year, wish could of went out.. next time..

Room Tip: pay a little bit extra and up grade your room, its worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed there for more then 10 days. Room conditions, breakfast, lunch, lounge etc all good to me... The only thing that bothers me were the service standard...

Upon arrival, we were told to provide a deposit of MYR1,200 and found out later that other colleuages had given deposit of MYR500 only.... hmmmm

First Day in the morning, after my room-mate and went for our meetings and just before we leave the hotel, we noticed that we remembered that we need to grab something, went back to the room and found that our door is not closed properly which means the housekeeping staff wanted to clean our room and left it that way. For all kind of security and safety reasons, this shouldn't happen.

Our room were on COD and my laundry didn't come back to me until i called and reception to find out that they need us to pay for it first before they will send it back to me. To solve my problem, i put my credit card for deposit in the middle of the night and the next morning, they sent me messages to make payment. Which it does not make sense at all.

After a couple of more days, we checked with front office staff that since breakfast has already been paid for, can we ordered breakfast to be served in-room. Front office said okay and we had it for two mornings and later in the day we were told to pay for it. Because the hotel will only honor breakfast to be served in-room if guest's flight is before 6am. We clarified again with front office staff and the room serviced staff and hotel finally decided to waive it off.

Second last day to our stay, they double checked in our room to another couple at 730am... No explaination from the duty manager and all we found was an apology note in our room later in the evening.

We wanted to clear our bills and found out that my room mate who ordered room service who make the payment to the restaurant directly and they did not come back with the change, no recept, no record in the hotel system. But the Club Manager was very helpful! Although the accounting department is already closed, he managed to find our receipt and sent it to our room the very same evening.

Overall experience is still good and location is great since it walking distance to major shopping malls, food areas and drinking places.

PS: Front Office Staff Esham is really helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool, nicer view and less noisy in the midde of the night since the hot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Service of Staff - Excellent! All the staff have been so well trained to smile so sincerely and geuinely to all guests! The moment you made an eye contact with them, even if it's just unintentional or a brief 1, they seem to be able to grab the opportunity to smile so politely at you. Oh my gosh. Amazing
St Gregory Spa - Amazing too! It's really affordable for the kind of facial treatment they were providing. Of course, as usual, the service is wonderful.
Food - I think I love the fries of Chatz Brasserie a lot! I had Spring Chicken the 1st day, followed by Fish & Chips the 2nd, cuz I can't resist the fries! LOL.
Will definitely explore staying at other PARKROYAL hotels due to the great experience I had! =)

Greymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My partner had read some older reviews about issues with non-smoking rooms, so prior to booking the room, my partner contacted the hotel to seek assurance that we would be given a non-smoking room. The hotel made assurances that we would be given a non-smoking room, and that an air sterlizer would be provided in the room. Upon arrival we were delighted to find that the hotel had delivered on their assurance.

We stayed in one of the Orchid Club rooms which included access to the Orchid Club, which is a pleasant place to relax when needing a break from shopping. The Orchid Club also serves breakfast, however I would recommend going down to the main restaurant on the lower lobby for breakfast as it has a much larger and impressive selection of breakfast choices. Free WIFI also seems to be available throughout the hotel, well at least on the Orchid Club levels and lobby areas, not sure about the other parts of the hotel.

The only negative we found was that the hotel likes to put incense candles in the room, which we didn't particularly enjoy, particularly on the second night of our stay as the incense of choice had had a scent kind of smelt like bathroom cleaner, and stunk the room out for the rest of our stay. On the positive though we made a quick call to reception and they made sure that no more incense was put in our room.

Room Tip: Make sure you let reception know if you don't want incense in your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!